Feel free to bash me...I want the Sabres to miss the playoffs!

LabattBlue

Win or lose?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Sabres win the rest or lose the rest?

• WIN
    • Lose

Comments like this are just annoying. You'll go on a stretch of decent posts and then try to take cheap shot at a collective group on this board that happens to disagree with some of your philospophies. Please just provide your opinions and comments regarding the Sabres because this Team Storm Cloud Team Kitty whatever is just getting old.

Try reading the thread and then come back and talk to me, if your not too embarrassed.

You guys aren't going to cry are ya?

I'm sorry. Did you have something productive to lend to the conversation or are you just going to rail about the posters?

Who is your team?

I'm sorry. Did you have something productive to lend to the conversation or are you just going to rail about the posters?

:rolleyes: You tell 'em, Weave.

Well this thread's gone to ######............. later gents. Have fun hoping to lose, you'd love Columbus.

Limping off to the dressing room faster than Gaustad.

Did anyone have the over/under at 5 pages?

Just a quick stoppage in play. There have been some extremely good posts in this thread, I feel it will continue. I actually ran out of +'s today. I didn;t know it was possible.

There is nothing to deflect from when your head is in the sand.

Well this thread's gone to ######............. later gents. Have fun hoping to lose, you'd love Columbus.

Gosh, really? Even after you added so much substance to the discussion?

Ha. Why can't people accept and respect other's opinions?

Because this is the internet.

Prior to Pegula taking over I'd agree with you. I'd value our draft spot much more, knowing that we weren't even a legit contender for free agents. But now that we are, being a playoff team is much more enticing to players on July 1st than being a non-playoff team (obviously). With that being said, since there's a 100% chance we'll be in the thick of next summer's free agent hunt, I say screw losing, let's see where these guys can actually take us.

I have to admit, it would sure be HIIIIIIIIIII-larious if the Sabres squeaked in, and then by some miracle ousted Gaborik, Richards, Nash (you know it as well as I do), Callahan and the rest of the Rags before our inevitable second-round exit. I'd sacrifice a top-three pick, even this year when they're supposed to all be effing PHENOMENAL, to see that.............OK wait, no I wouldn't, forget I said that.

Prior to Pegula taking over I'd agree with you. I'd value our draft spot much more, knowing that we weren't even a legit contender for free agents. But now that we are, being a playoff team is much more enticing to players on July 1st than being a non-playoff team (obviously). With that being said, since there's a 100% chance we'll be in the thick of next summer's free agent hunt, I say screw losing, let's see where these guys can actually take us.

You need cap space to take advantage of free-agency and right now Regier has this team in a pretty poor position in that regards. They have $7.5 mil available with Ennis and Kaleta to re-sign, not to mention a possible Gaustad extension. Pegula can be willing to front load and long term all he wants, it won't fly unless it fits under the cap.

While I like both deals today, it hasn't changed how I feel one bit(see first post in this thread).

It's understandable; the better the pick, the more likely that the Sabs get Nash for 2x1 and 2x2, but I think it happens anyway. So I'm pulling for 'em!

The Sabres are trying to suck me back in, but the desire to see Ruff & Regier fired, and a chance to get a top 5 player in the draft causes me to stand firm.

With two 1st round picks they can still make a top five pick happen. I could see Edmonton willing to deal the second pick overall. They already have a ton of young talent. Not sure what the league wide rep is of Roy, if the Oilers would consider Roy I would like to see that deal happen.

Also,

Why do you have Ethan Hawke as your avatar?

With two 1st round picks they can still make a top five pick happen. I could see Edmonton willing to deal the second pick overall. They already have a ton of young talent. Not sure what the league wide rep is of Roy, if the Oilers would consider Roy I would like to see that deal happen.

Also,

Why do you have Ethan Hawke as your avatar?

It's the legendary Artem Kryukov!

The Sabres are trying to suck me back in, but the desire to see Ruff & Regier fired, and a chance to get a top 5 player in the draft causes me to stand firm.

Regardless of what you want, I think you need to be realistic that Ruff and Regier aren't getting fired, this year or next year. Also while a top 5 would be nice, winning and making the playoffs makes us more attractive to UFAs. And hey, maybe we upset the Rangers. I predicted months ago they disappoint in the playoffs, and I'm sticking to my guns. I think they're as weak of a 1 seed as Buffalo was a 3 seed two years ago.

It's the legendary Artem Kryukov!

I thought it was Justin Bieber.

Regardless of what you want, I think you need to be realistic that Ruff and Regier aren't getting fired, this year or next year. Also while a top 5 would be nice, winning and making the playoffs makes us more attractive to UFAs. And hey, maybe we upset the Rangers. I predicted months ago they disappoint in the playoffs, and I'm sticking to my guns. I think they're as weak of a 1 seed as Buffalo was a 3 seed two years ago.

Well, I think the Rangers are built for playoff success. They're tough, clutch, deep and have great defense and goaltending (although it must be noted that Lundy has not historically been a good playoff goalie). I would be very surprised if they lost in the first round, although it's possible if Lundy is outplayed by his counterpart.

Archived