GDT: Islanders at Sabres 2/21/12 7:00pm

spndnchz

We can't just put our heads hanging right now, we gotta come back strong.

We need an injection in our lineup. We need something to happen here. We can't have the (lack of) emotion we had here.

There wasn't any intensity in our game. We've had a couple of bad starts, but we topped it today. We keep doing this to ourselves.

This was very disappointing. We came with no physicality and stood around and watched their best players. You have to battle and compete and we didn't.

Those are Islander quotes ladies and gents.

Miller said "We do have the skill to win some hockey games. It's been a matter of being smart and working at it and giving our skill a chance to shine a little more. (Sunday) was a good game for us and I hope we can take that as a little bit of a lesson of what we can do."

Let's see it. These next three games are HUGE.

The Islanders are a team that for some reason the Sabres seem to lose to but have every reason to never lose too. I expect a win because the isles just got spanked by Ottawa 6-0 and the Sabres are a better team. I know I have advocated tanking but if this team is going to try then go big or go home. Prove through consistency and a solid 60minutes that there is something to this team. The pens game was a good start but its February now and this team has been consistently inconsistent.

Our best over the last 14days:

Tyler Ennis: 3g, 2a and 44FO wins

Jason Pominville: 6g, 3a and a +6

Tyler Myers: 1g, 4a and 8hits with 5blocked shots

Christian Ehrhoff: 1g, 4a, 7hits and 7blocked shots

They're gonna win 5-1, and T-Pegs is gonna wash down a double dose of Paxil with a bottle of Chardonay and jump up and down in a circle with Darcy and instead of selling they will do something like give up Weber and a 2nd for an underachieving winger, and then they can crap the bed and you can listen to me bitch for another year.

I see a heartbreaking loss here. The sabres have been getting out played by the islanders for quite some time now. That game against the pens showed me nothing, i want to see consistency. The best thing darcy can do at this point is make a move.

If that move is giving his complacent, overrated, overgrown enfant of a coach the boot, then I agree.

Any move as long as Lindy is around, IMHO is a waste of time, unless the move is Roy and Stafford to Ottawa for a 2nd rounder.

Well if Darcy and the Sabres have any hopes of making the playoffs, this is a must win. If Toronto and Winnipeg lose and Buffalo win, it's 5 points up. If Buffalo lose and Toronto/Winnipeg win, it's 9 points.

But as LGR4GM said:

The Islanders are a team that for some reason the Sabres seem to lose to but have every reason to never lose too.

The first game of that awful yet super important road trip comes to mind (4-2 Islanders).

If that move is giving his complacent, overrated, overgrown enfant of a coach the boot, then I agree.

Any move as long as Lindy is around, IMHO is a waste of time, unless the move is Roy and Stafford to Ottawa for a 2nd rounder.

Did'nt Terry P already tell you, Mr Ruff isnt going anywhere. Darcy and Ruff are in love like Ice T and coco so thats a no go.

You know how most teams come out after getting drubbed 6-0 so it will be interesting to see if the Sabres match the physicality of this one. Any dreamers out there need a win tonight and I am curious to see how the Sabres respond to their best showing of the year.

The Islanders are a young team that is hard to get a good read on. You don't know what you are getting night to night. The Islanders are in a great position as a franchise, they have a lot of young talent and a lot of cap space ($28 mil) available next off-season.

We can't just put our heads hanging right now, we gotta come back strong.

We need an injection in our lineup. We need something to happen here. We can't have the (lack of) emotion we had here.

There wasn't any intensity in our game. We've had a couple of bad starts, but we topped it today. We keep doing this to ourselves.

This was very disappointing. We came with no physicality and stood around and watched their best players. You have to battle and compete and we didn't.

Those are Islander quotes ladies and gents.

Miller said "We do have the skill to win some hockey games. It's been a matter of being smart and working at it and giving our skill a chance to shine a little more. (Sunday) was a good game for us and I hope we can take that as a little bit of a lesson of what we can do."

Let's see it. These next three games are HUGE.

i see the cliche train chugs through the NYI locker room as well. Miller as Captain Obvious with his little blurb too. This should;ve been addressed back in October, this little tease at actually playing hockey is a charade.

Did'nt Terry P already tell you, Mr Ruff isnt going anywhere. Darcy and Ruff are in love like Ice T and coco so thats a no go.

Yup, I got the message all too loud and clear that Curly and Moe won't be following Larry's cue.

Just wanted to point out that the only move Regier could possibly make at this point that makes sense is fire Lindy, blow the team up, and then resign from his position.

Was at the game Sunday and they looked great. Why can't we always play like that? Anyways, the Isles have our number so we need a solid effort tonight. If we can pull it out, coupled with Leaf / Jet losses and we're sitting 5 back with 20+ games to go. Do I want them to sell? Absolutely. But lets make these last two months matter.

A win tonight and a regulation win by NJ in TOR and the Sabres are 5 points back with 22 games remaining (the jets play, but we've got 2 games in hand on them), including two against TOR 3/31 - 4/3. They also have games left against Winne, TB, Wash, and the Habs. Say what you will about their chances, this team basically controls there own destiny. If they figure it out, they may give new meaning to March Madness.

Key on Tavares just like they did Malkin. The best offensive weapons (Vanek, Pommer, Erhoff, and the Tylers) must keep scoring.

I see a heartbreaking loss here. The sabres have been getting out played by the islanders for quite some time now. That game against the pens showed me nothing, i want to see consistency. The best thing darcy can do at this point is make a move.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts here as well. We are seemingly snakebitten by the Isles the same way we had Toronto's number there for awhile.

They're gonna win 5-1, and T-Pegs is gonna wash down a double dose of Paxil with a bottle of Chardonay and jump up and down in a circle with Darcy and instead of selling they will do something like give up Weber and a 2nd for an underachieving winger, and then they can crap the bed and you can listen to me bitch for another year.

Really looking forward to all of this.

Best bets are for Roy, Gaustad, Leopold and Sekera to look great. Goose should be getting plenty of face time on Tavares. They need to continue to show well.. make it seem like they are coming around.

I wish McNabb was in the lineup.. so I could have the potential to relive the moment he introduced himself to Frans Nielsen.

Oh well.. another day..

Honestly, I don't know what to expect from this game. I *want* a solid, 60 minutes of hockey from the Sabres. History, by way of stark contrast, gives me absolutely no warm blanket to cuddle under. If I'm a betting man playing the odds, I put money down on an Isles win.

However, I'm also an optimist. After that shellacking they laid down on Pittsburgh, I won't be surprised if they win.

Inconsistency is the only constant on this team. Therefore, I haven't the faintest hint of a guess as to what to expect, but as always, go Sabres!

I'm not going to be able to watch this game. Taking off from Philly at 6pm, landing in FT Lauderdale something like 2 hrs later, then driving to the hotel and to dinner...probably not going to catch any of the game, even on my WGR app. hopefully we can pull this out. I just hate losing.

The Isles are a fun team to watch. They have dominated the Sabres over the past few seasons, but so have the Pens.

My expectations for the season are shot. I want the Sabres to win, but at this point a fun exciting 5-4 game w/o a shootout would be great.

Archived