GDT: Islanders at Sabres 2/21/12 7:00pm

spndnchz

Was at the game Sunday and they looked great. Why can't we always play like that? Anyways, the Isles have our number so we need a solid effort tonight. If we can pull it out, coupled with Leaf / Jet losses and we're sitting 5 back with 20+ games to go. Do I want them to sell? Absolutely. But lets make these last two months matter.

Because the Sabres happened to have caught a tired Pittsburgh team that had played Philly the day before.

Because the Sabres happened to have caught a tired Pittsburgh team that had played Philly the day before.

I don't buy that. Every team plays back to back. I was there in person for the first time in awhile and I'm not sure how it looked on TV but the Sabres cared. They were finishing their checks and skating hard. Maybe it's because we needed it much more than them but I hope we can play like that to finish the season. If we do we will be winning alot more than we are now.

I don't buy that. Every team plays back to back. I was there in person for the first time in awhile and I'm not sure how it looked on TV but the Sabres cared. They were finishing their checks and skating hard. Maybe it's because we needed it much more than them but I hope we can play like that to finish the season. If we do we will be winning alot more than we are now.

You must have missed the memo. The sabres suck. Anything good that happens from here on out is due to the ineptitude of the other team, not anything the sabres did. We need to trade everyone but Matt Ellis (because he tries hard) and bring up all the guys from Rochester because we haven't seen much of them yet so they must be good. We also need to fire ruff and Regier and hire a former sabre or someone we heard of once because they must be better. We also need to get rid of pegula, because he's a fan boy who just throws money at the problems, paints a couple walls blue, and thinks the Stanley cup will come to buffalo.

Now get with the program!

You must have missed the memo. The sabres suck. Anything good that happens from here on out is due to the ineptitude of the other team, not anything the sabres did. We need to trade everyone but Matt Ellis (because he tries hard) and bring up all the guys from Rochester because we haven't seen much of them yet so they must be good. We also need to fire ruff and Regier and hire a former sabre or someone we heard of once because they must be better. We also need to get rid of pegula, because he's a fan boy who just throws money at the problems, paints a couple walls blue, and thinks the Stanley cup will come to buffalo.

Now get with the program!

Ah, thanks for filling me in. I havent' been on the board as much the last couple of days haha.

Islanders 5 wins vs. 2 losses against own Sabres over the past two seasons.

Did you read his post...

The Islanders seem to own us.

Let's break that trend today.

How is it a trend when the Sabres bucked that trend two weeks ago? It's not that hard of a concept to follow. One person posts something, and somebody replies to that post. That is why I quoted it.

Thanks for following along.

Did you read his post...

The Islanders seem to own us.

Let's break that trend today.

How is it a trend when the Sabres bucked that trend two weeks ago? It's not that hard of a concept to follow. One person posts something, and somebody replies to that post. That is why I quoted it.

Thanks for following along.

A fake win in a shootout really doesn't say all that much though. If the Islanders win today, they're still walking away with 7 out of 8 points against the Sabres this year.

A fake win in a shootout really doesn't say all that much though. If the Islanders win today, they're still walking away with 7 out of 8 points against the Sabres this year.

Shhhhhhhhh, One win means that the streak is over and the team no longer owns Buffalo. Just ask the Bills, they beat the patriots earlier this year now NE no longer owns them!

This game will be very telling. If all goes wrong I believe we can jump up to only 5 points out of 8th. If not, we need to wake the heck up and start dealing.

This game shouldn't change a thing. If this management team doesn't already have their trade deadline plan firmly in place this franchise is in worse trouble than any could have imagined.

Yup, I got the message all too loud and clear that Curly and Moe won't be following Larry's cue.

Just wanted to point out that the only move Regier could possibly make at this point that makes sense is fire Lindy, blow the team up, and then resign from his position.

Does that make Ted Black Shemp and Pegula Curly Joe?

All 15 of them. :doh:

Well, I said "seem" to own us. That game went to shootout and we "won" the game. If I recall correctly we didn't look so hot in that game anyway. One game doesn't really shake it. It's still a trend that they especially seem to turn into hockey gods when they play us.

Fake win...? Never heard of one of those. But I agree, one win in OT doesn't really negate their dominance over the Sabres thus far.

Archived