GDT: Bruins at Sabres 2/8/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

FWIW, I don't think you actually have to beat Lucic's ass. Just step up.

Lucic drinking game for tonight. Every time they mention "the hit" DRINK!

I'll be at the game so I expect lots of drunk posting later.

the Sabres haven't beaten a good team all year. I don't expect that to change tonight, but you never know.

Yeah, Pittburgh, Ottawa, Washington all suck.

I have absolutely no delusions of grandeur for the Sabres regarding this game. The Bruins are in a mini slump and have had several days off. They are licking their chops over this game and will be looking to take the wood to Buffalo. They will be expecting the usual cowering, pansy response to their shenanigans.

A hard fought, playoff-type game from both teams, regardless of the outcome, would be great to see. Come on, Sabres, show us something good!

The sabres have had several days off as well, just letting you know. One more than the Bruins, actually.

Uh, that's your argument? Three good wins? oof.

What about the Kings, Leafs, Preds or Devils? They've all got a pretty good lead on us point wise. We went toe to toe with the Rangers, and with the Bruins in the last meeting (4-3 (SO)).

All i'm trying to get at is that when they turn 'it' on, whatever 'it' may be (motivation, emotion, will, whatever), they can be pretty impressive (I am avoiding saying good or any synonym of it). I hope to see that tonight is all.

Free tickets (section 323 or 325, can't remember), free parking pass in the garage, I'm not driving and have the day off tomorrow! Sitting with 2 other Sabre fans and 1 Bruins fan (he got us the tickets - he has to be there). I just want a good hard-hitting game. We win - GREAT! We lose - at least make a game of it and give back what you're given.

Maybe Leopold can repeat his move on Ruff tonight.

As much as you all are hyping this game, I don't see it being anything more than another beat down. The Bruins are exactly the type of team that the Sabres as currently constructed have no chance against. We need teams to try to out-finesse us with speed and open end to end play. I am expecting a solid if unspectacular game from the Bruins resulting in them consistently playing the body and forcing mistakes out of the blue n gold. 3-1 Bruins...

With that being said, I am watching the Syracuse v. Georgetown game tonight and switching to the hockey game during breaks. Biggest Cuse rivalry game or just another Sabres game? I'm going with the orange :flirt:

I can dig the sentiment, however I think Thomas is the wrong target. I would feel better about the Sabres, even with the season in the tank, if they blew up Lucic or Chara.

Yes, yes, I understand that there is "no one on the team who can do that..." - is there? I dunno, Myers has shown in the past he some suppressed anger that is very nasty when it bubbles to the surface. I think he could hurt Lucic and stand up to Chara. If Stafford could channel his angst and turn it into on-ice rage, he could easily hurt Marchand. Ehrhoff can be fierce when he wants to, and obviously there's Weber. The latter two are big boys who can do damage if they wanted to.

Clearly, I'm day-dreaming here, but this is what I want to see. The Bruins are the Sabres foil this season, and it would behoove the Sabres to turn the Bruins into an ENEMY.

Myers won't fight because he doesn't know how ... either Lucic, Chara or McQuaid would make a punching bag out of him. If Myers ever learned to fight correctly, he would have the same edge as Chara.

On another note, I'd like to see Gerbe take on the little hit-and-run Marchand (this era's version of Kenny Linseman).

This matchup is very interesting to me for one reason only.

Short of vanek we are essentially healthy, and with ruff hurt, patrick mightbe assuming the role of head coach.

IMO if they dominate and play like we thought they Would be able to prior to the start of the season, that will be indicative that ruff has indeed lost this team.

Im interested to see how this team plays the bruins with a different guy behind the bench

Myers won't fight because he doesn't know how ... either Lucic, Chara or McQuaid would make a punching bag out of him. If Myers ever learned to fight correctly, he would have the same edge as Chara.

I didn't say "fight", I said "hurt". Except I said he could "stand up" to Chara - who I believe wouldn't actually fight Myers.

For the last 4 games, they have played *almost* like a play-off-worthy team. Their rank in the standings notwithstanding, I think they're starting to show that they're a better team than indicated by their last 2-3 months of playing.

No. They are exactly as good as the season they've produced, which is not nearly good enough. Nobody else "did this to them." They failed -- over and over -- to deliver what they were supposed to deliver, which is why they are 1 point out of last place in the EC. And their 3 recent wins against the Habs, Islanders and Devils -- 2 of which were in the shootout -- don't change a GD thing.

I can dig the sentiment, however I think Thomas is the wrong target. I would feel better about the Sabres, even with the season in the tank, if they blew up Lucic or Chara.

Yes, yes, I understand that there is "no one on the team who can do that..." - is there? I dunno, Myers has shown in the past he some suppressed anger that is very nasty when it bubbles to the surface. I think he could hurt Lucic and stand up to Chara. If Stafford could channel his angst and turn it into on-ice rage, he could easily hurt Marchand. Ehrhoff can be fierce when he wants to, and obviously there's Weber. The latter two are big boys who can do damage if they wanted to.

Clearly, I'm day-dreaming here, but this is what I want to see. The Bruins are the Sabres foil this season, and it would behoove the Sabres to turn the Bruins into an ENEMY.

It hasn't been remarked on much (and rightly so), but in the Miller-Lucic game, Kaleta absolutely destroyed Chara with a huge check. He's capable of doing the same to Lucic, and I suspect he'll be looking for the opportunity.

And I'd like to see it too.

No. They are exactly as good as the season they've produced, which is not nearly good enough. Nobody else "did this to them." They failed -- over and over -- to deliver what they were supposed to deliver, which is why they are 1 point out of last place in the EC. And their 3 recent wins against the Habs, Islanders and Devils -- 2 of which were in the shootout -- don't change a GD thing.

Thank you.

I look at that "30 games remaining" thread where some are discussing what rediculous tear we would need to go on to make the playoffs. To quote coach Jim Mora - "Playoffs?! You're talking about playoffs? I just home we can win another game." Really fellow sabrespacers? we've won three games against the bottom third of the league... To continue this coach speak: "They are who we thought they were, and you're letting them off the hook"

It hasn't been remarked on much (and rightly so), but in the Miller-Lucic game, Kaleta absolutely destroyed Chara with a huge check. He's capable of doing the same to Lucic, and I suspect he'll be looking for the opportunity.

And I'd like to see it too.

The thought occurred to me that Kaleta could easily land a good check on Chara, and hurt Lucic with a well-placed check. However, I fear for Kaleta's health, and I think he would get pummeled after doing one of those things. Kaleta has really sacrificed his body to be where he is at, and I think he's probably one good pounding away from being seriously injured, far beyond a recoverable hockey injury.

I didn't say "fight", I said "hurt". Except I said he could "stand up" to Chara - who I believe wouldn't actually fight Myers.

OK, well anyone could hurt Lucic if they caught him in a vulnerable position and that includes the Gerb. And if Myers did "hurt" someone, you can bet Chara would be after him.

Another thing the Bruins do well, look after their own ...

Archived