GDT: Bruins at Sabres 2/8/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

I hope Kassian is in there. I would love to see him get his training wheels off in a good fight against the Bruins. Even though he has already been in a fight, he is young, and probably will get his ass beat if he stepped to Lucic. It is just the fact that he went out there and fought a Bruin because as a true buffalo sabre, we hate them!!

Go Sabres!!!!!! For all the Cuse fans as well. GO ORANGE!!! I'll be at shooters in Fairport watching both games. (Fairport is in Rochester). We get audio usually for the sabres game but prolly not tonight because of syracuse vs georgetown.

I hope Kassian is in there. I would love to see him get his training wheels off in a good fight against the Bruins. Even though he has already been in a fight, he is young, and probably will get his ass beat if he stepped to Lucic. It is just the fact that he went out there and fought a Bruin because as a true buffalo sabre, we hate them!!

Go Sabres!!!!!! For all the Cuse fans as well. GO ORANGE!!! I'll be at shooters in Fairport watching both games. (Fairport is in Rochester). We get audio usually for the sabres game but prolly not tonight because of syracuse vs georgetown.

Kass was sent back to ROC a few days ago I believe.

Kass was sent back to ROC a few days ago I believe.

Well that sucks and report is Lindy won't be on the bench. I got some more information via buffalosabres.com

LINEUP NEWS

- Lindy Ruff will not be behind the bench due to his rib injury; James Patrick will assume the head coaching duties.

- Ryan Miller is expected to get the start in goal.

- Thomas Vanek skated with the team today for the first time since suffering an upper body injury in Montreal last Tuesday; he remains out of the lineup.

I really wish my two teams didn't play on the same night at the same time... like I said I think i'm gonna go with watching the Orange game tonight and checking in on the Sabres and catching the third period. Hopefully I am lucky enough to watch two beat downs tonight!

Actually no. A national broadcast takes the rights over the local one. The game will not be on NESN tonight and you don't have to deal with Edwards.

Thanks - I was too lazy to check tonight's listings. Has this been a change since the channel became NBC Sports? I seem to remember that NESN blacks out the NHL Network for Bruins games, and thought it did VS too. I could be way off base, because these details don't stay long in my addled brain!

Thanks - I was too lazy to check tonight's listings. Has this been a change since the channel became NBC Sports? I seem to remember that NESN blacks out the NHL Network for Bruins games, and thought it did VS too. I could be way off base, because these details don't stay long in my addled brain!

i would think its the opposite, NBCSports (Formerly VS) takes priority over the regional broadcasts. But who knows, we are talking about the Bruins here, maybe the NHL has seperate rules for their broadcasts just like they have special discipline rules for their players?

You may just have it mixed up with the center ice package. Those ones get blacked out in favor of the regional broadcast. There may be some very rare cases, but generally when NBCSN gets a game, the regional broadcast doesn't happen.

Oh, and I'm glad I could save you from even the thought of having to deal with Jack Edwards. That's enough to drive a man insane.

You may just have it mixed up with the center ice package. Those ones get blacked out in favor of the regional broadcast. There may be some very rare cases, but generally when NBCSN gets a game, the regional broadcast doesn't happen.

Oh, and I'm glad I could save you from even the thought of having to deal with Jack Edwards. That's enough to drive a man insane.

Thats whats happened to me. I was wondering about the voices. Aside from the screamer in Tampa, Edwards has to be my least favorite broadcaster in hockey.

Sabres vs. Bruins Drinking Game Rules (*INJURED LINDY RUFF SPECIAL EDITION)

-Drink every time the Lucic hit on Miller is mentioned

-Drink every time the crowd boos a Boston player

-Drink every time the crowd boos the Sabres for any reason

-If a Sabres player leaves with an injury finish your drink

*Drink every time Lindy Ruff's rib injury is mentioned

*Drink every time Lindy is shown sitting in the arena

*If the camera shows Teppo Numminen on the bench drink for as long as he is on screen.

Lucic, Lucic, Lucic.... can't they possibly come up with another story? It's been months...

What other story is there? Lucic basically exposed the Sabres as a bunch of pansies and they never recovered. Has a single hit ever derailed an entire NHL franchise as much as that one?

Holy Crap, I've never seen a guy hate on a team as hard as Mike Milbury on the Sabres just now. He pretty much called the Sabres a bunch of pansies. True or not...WOW. If I wanted to motivate this team, I would play that segment in the locker room before the game. WOW.

1. Good. It's pretty much true.

2. Good. I'm so bored of sports shows where no one wants to actually say anything. Milbury is an imbecile but at least he's being direct. The NFL pregame shows are brutal for being 2 hours long and having no one make any actual points; maybe the NHL can be different.

Archived