Predictions for the second half.

deluca67

I'm not going to go out on a limb and predict anything crazy or where anyone will end up, but I do think that this break will get our boys to regroup and refocus, and regardless of where we end up at the end, we'll look respectable and maybe even good the rest of the way.

The best thing anyone can hope for is that Miller goes on a tear and gets some damn mojo back going into next season.

Miller has a strong last 2 months.

The Sabres finish 5 points out of the playoffs.

At the deadline, Roy, MAG and Boyes are traded for a decent total return of picks plus one NHL-ready forward.

Neither DR nor LR is fired before the end of the season.

Hecht retires at the end of the season.

Iginla is not traded.

Crosby returns with one month to go and plays well.

The race for the last 2 playoff spots in the EC between Toronto, NJ and Florida comes down to the last day of the season.

Washington gets bounced in the first round.

Malkin wins the MVP and is not traded for Roy and Stafford.

Miller has a strong last 2 months.

The Sabres finish 5 points out of the playoffs.

At the deadline, Roy, MAG and Boyes are traded for a decent total return of picks plus one NHL-ready forward.

Neither DR nor LR is fired before the end of the season.

Hecht retires at the end of the season.

Iginla is not traded.

Crosby returns with one month to go and plays well.

The race for the last 2 playoff spots in the EC between Toronto, NJ and Florida comes down to the last day of the season.

Washington gets bounced in the first round.

Malkin wins the MVP and is not traded for Roy and Stafford.

Couldn't agree more on everything but Crosby.

Sabres finish 12th in the east.

Roy is dispatched.

One of either Sekera, Guastad and Leopold are dispatched.

Enroth plays more of the final 15 games than Miller.

Hecht retires (ditto).

Sidney watches the playoffs.

Boston, two in a row.

LR and DR are given the trade deadline, draft, off season, and 2012/2013.

The Bills draft a cornerback because you can't have too many.

Romney wins Florida.

The primary or on election night?

i thought the stuff i heard more recently about crosby was more promising. sorry, no link - saw it on the twitterverse.

what i read reminded me of where connolly was a while back -- he thought he had concussion symptoms that would not resolve, but it turned out his issue was more with his neck than his head. it sounded like crosby was charting a path toward a similar recovery. it also sounded like he was (or at least people close to him were) none too pleased with the care he received from the penguins' medical staff.

The primary or on election night?

Election Night would be next season.

As for my predictions:

At least 1 more star player is shelved with concussion issues.

Sabres get 40 of 66 remaining points, finish 2 points out.

Roy goes at the deadline.

Miller has better than 93% sv% from here on out.

Sabres woes continue as the team continues to struggle with injuries and lack of chemistry. The sabres lose 4 out of their next 5 and decide they will be sellers at the deadline. Core players are unloaded for picks and prospects, and we finish 14 in the conference. sabres take the 4th pick overall and get another late first rounder from the deadline.

i thought the stuff i heard more recently about crosby was more promising. sorry, no link - saw it on the twitterverse.

what i read reminded me of where connolly was a while back -- he thought he had concussion symptoms that would not resolve, but it turned out his issue was more with his neck than his head. it sounded like crosby was charting a path toward a similar recovery. it also sounded like he was (or at least people close to him were) none too pleased with the care he received from the penguins' medical staff.

Heard something similar and it reminded me of the Connolly situation where we all thought it was concussions but it had something to do with his neck

He isn't pleased witht eh care he received from teh Pens Medical staff? Hmmmmmmmm, anyone thinking Pegula starts looking for the best medical staff available in the world and orders Darcy to make a Stafford and Roy to Pittsburgh for Crosby? :ph34r: :devil:

Heard something similar and it reminded me of the Connolly situation where we all thought it was concussions but it had something to do with his neck

He isn't pleased witht eh care he received from teh Pens Medical staff? Hmmmmmmmm, anyone thinking Pegula starts looking for the best medical staff available in the world and orders Darcy to make a Stafford and Roy to Pittsburgh for Crosby? :ph34r: :devil:

I havent had lunch yet, but if i had, itd probably be some variety of indian food.

Miller, Boyes, and Roy are all traded.

We finish 12th in the eastern conference

DR gets fired before july 1 after drafting a stickhandling non physical winger with our best draft pick.

Hecht either retires or is not resigned. Gaustad probably is resigned for 2 years at 2.0mil

There is internal questioning going on from a faction of players and from those close to the Sabres who know the game. While everyone thinks Pegula is great, the lag time on understanding this chemistry does not work is frustrating to many. The Sabres are being laughed at around the hockey world, even more so than we see in the media. If the Sabres whither on the vine the rest of the year, expect people to break their silence and pressure put on to can Regier at a minnimum. This group made their bed, and an ugly season may get even uglier as people start talking.

There is internal questioning going on from a faction of players and from those close to the Sabres who know the game. While everyone thinks Pegula is great, the lag time on understanding this chemistry does not work is frustrating to many. The Sabres are being laughed at around the hockey world, even more so than we see in the media. If the Sabres whither on the vine the rest of the year, expect people to break their silence and pressure put on to can Regier at a minnimum. This group made their bed, and an ugly season may get even uglier as people start talking.

I like you Ghost, your insightful analysis and how you deliver the message ...

What exactly is your prediction though ... that there may be rioting in the streets?

Harry Neal will continue to average 5 mistakes per game

Rob Ray will continue to look like he just smelled something bad when other people are talking during The Whip

We will still be subjected to irrelevant promos for Boomer and Assclown

I will continue to contemplate where I am at regarding my veins, veins, veins

Moments before the trade deadline, Darcy will trade Cellino and Barnes for an overpriced, underperforming veteran forward in need of a fresh start

I predict that apathy towards this season will continue to grow

I predict that I will have @least two bowel movements today (I ate chineese)

Miller wont get traded

Roy and Leo will be traded sooner rather than later

Someone will openly assault Casey Anthony and I will enjoy it

LR and DR will still be here continuing to "right the ship"

* Sabres host a Sunday morning flap-jack and bacon breakfast rally in the plaza on Valentine's day to discuss the "State of the Sabres," during which it will be announced that Kennedy (she of MTV's heady days of actually being a music station) is now the GM. Her first order of business is to fire Lindy and bring on Chad Kroeger. Hey, he's Canadian.

* Under this new general management, the team catches on fire and burns up the EC standings, eventually supplanting Boston for supremacy in the Northeast division due to the Bruins' extreme case of jealousy.

* Not to be out-done, Boston brings on Kurt Loder as a motivational speaker for pre- and post-game pep talks. It fails miserably.

* The Dow soars to over 15000 by mid-July on a constant barrage of rumors that Sarah Palin has died and that she will be buried in Alaska, thus becoming the 3rd largest oil reserve in the state. All citizens of Alaska are promised a 27% augmentation in their annual oil checks due to the large influx of what becomes known as "SPOil."

That is all.

I predict that apathy towards this season will continue to grow

I predict that I will have @least two bowel movements today (I ate chineese)

Miller wont get traded

Roy and Leo will be traded sooner rather than later

Someone will openly assault Casey Anthony and I will enjoy it

LR and DR will still be here continuing to "right the ship"

That's wonderful. Thanks for sharing and be sure to let us all know how they turn out.

Archived