Predictions for the second half.

deluca67

Sabres woes continue as the team continues to struggle with injuries and lack of chemistry. The sabres lose 4 out of their next 5 and decide they will be sellers at the deadline. Core players are unloaded for picks and prospects, and we finish 14 in the conference. sabres take the 4th pick overall and get another late first rounder from the deadline.

This is exactly what I am hoping will happen. Well besides the losing (i'll always root for wins).

Unfortunately I don't at all think this is what will happen...

if Ted Black really backs Regier 1,000 percent... we are F####D!!!!!!

If Darcy freaking Regier is not fired then I am sorry but we can write off next year as well.

This rant is brought to you by my friend mike who tells me Black thinks Regier is doing a good job. :death:

If Darcy freaking Regier is not fired then I am sorry but we can write off next year as well.

This rant is brought to you by my friend mike who tells me Black thinks Regier is doing a good job. :death:

Whatever you say... "Mike"

(:nana:)

No deal between Time Warner and MSG gets done, so I only see a few of the remaining Sabres' games on TV (which is not necessarily a bad thing). Even though I still root for the Sabres, I revert back to 1967 and follow the Blackhawks for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs. Terry Pegula drills for natural gas in First Niagara Center and finds a large pocket under Darcy Regier's office. Lindy Ruff discovers an entirely new coaching technique - his team plays such dull hockey that the opposing team falls asleep; the Sabres pile up a bunch of wins by default... :rolleyes:

I like you Ghost, your insite and how you deliver the message ...

What exactly is your prediction though ... that there may be rioting in the streets?

I am worried about what is going to happen with Pegula. He is so green that the franchise may have to implode for him to make changes. As bad as it is now, we can get set back years further. If the fans start going crazy and directing their anger directly at him, he could end up saying something he regrets. It's his toy, and he can have whoever he wants at GM and coach, but if this was a nuclear sub......there are some people in the circle that would go Denzel in Crimson Tide on him and lock him in his quarters in a muntiny. To a man everyone loves where his family's heart is and appreciates him.....but the frustration over the hockey decisions being made, or not being made ARE the cancer in the building.

My prediction is if things stay status quo, the leaks coming out of the room will be a plenty. There is apathy not just from the fans at this point.

I am worried about what is going to happen with Pegula. He is so green that the franchise may have to implode for him to make changes. As bad as it is now, we can get set back years further. If the fans start going crazy and directing their anger directly at him, he could end up saying something he regrets. It's his toy, and he can have whoever he wants at GM and coach, but if this was a nuclear sub......there are some people in the circle that would go Denzel in Crimson Tide on him and lock him in his quarters in a muntiny. To a man everyone loves where his family's heart is and appreciates him.....but the frustration over the hockey decisions being made, or not being made ARE the cancer in the building.

My prediction is if things stay status quo, the leaks coming out of the room will be a plenty. There is apathy not just from the fans at this point.

I don't disagree with the prediction, although I would expect the leaks to be regarding players and/or coaches, not TP/TB. And how could the owner get mutinied?

Sabres start playing better, not going to put a number on it, but well enough so that the injury excuse can be used in the season's closing press conference.

Nothing major gets done by the deadline, only selling off of minor pieces such as Boyes/MAG/Weber. Roy and Stafford remain until at least the draft.

Miller regains some semblance of old form....say 2.50 GAA and .910 save % the rest of the way, bringing his season numbers up to mediocre range.

The Capitals shock the world and actually play better once the playoffs start, upsetting a top-3 seed to advance to round 2. (which yes, means I think Florida wins that division)

The Rangers disappoint in the first round, but at the deadline free up enough cap space to chase Parise, who will ultimately sign there in free agency.

Nashville keeps both Suter and Weber, which launches them on a playoff run to the conference finals, where they ultimately lose to Detroit.

Boston and Detroit play for the Cup, with the Red Wings prevailing in 7.

Maybe Darcy just needs to be further unshackled by the tight restrictions he has on him to show what he can truly do.

He might have unlimited dollars to spend from ownership, but the cheap NHL has him shackled to a cheap salary cap!

I predict a lot of losses. I'd be surprised if they didn't finish in the bottom 5. Hopefully they will trade some scrubbs for some picks and take a center with that top 5 pick.

only if by center you mean undersized stickhandling winger or offensive defensmen.

I don't disagree with the prediction, although I would expect the leaks to be regarding players and/or coaches, not TP/TB. And how could the owner get mutinied?

He can't. I said if it were a sub and not a hockey team they would.

I think the apathy all around is so deep that it doesn't really matter. Pegula wants who he wants there. After watching this team for so long, and watching guys that used to be accountable play hard and step up even when surrounded by the core...now just fizzle-in with the rest of them....is moving Roy going to really matter? Barndoor closed, horse is long gone.

I predict I will enjoy being an Amerks fan much more than a Sabres fan.

Damn, now that's a prediction. I am strongly inclined to agree with you.

Do they offer an AHL type Center ice package that some of us out of towners could get in on?

If this teams problems run as deep as some are saying with different camps, the players not playing for each other and or the coach and management than how can anyone predict anything but more misery and terrible hockey until real changes are made.

I can't believe after all the years of following and loving this team in one years time they have gone from the Penthouse(TP buying them) to the shaughthouse(TP;s man crush and DR and LR). They have completely drained the joy out of watching them play for this fan.

At the trade deadline the Sabres blow up the team. They wind up last in the East and get a lottery pick.

They blow up the team even more at the draft.

They finish last next year and get another lottery pick.

Summer of 2013 they sign an elite free agent. 2013-2014 their lottery picks "come of age". They make the playoffs and get to the second round. 2014-2015 they sign a couple of good role players and their non-lottery picks start to come of age. They lose in the conference finals on a disputed goal. Summer of 2015 they sign the "missing ingedrient". 2015-2016 they win the cup. 2016-2017 they repeat. Starting in 2017-2018 they never, never, ever lose again.

this would be the absolute WORST thing that could happen... this team needs absolute implosion.

It would be pretty close to the worst thing that would happen. And you know, I am damned well rooting for it. It would be a blast. They can ship out Stafford and still do it, too!

I predict a comeback the likes of which has never been seen in buffalo hockey history. We will make the playoffs ... barely.

This has a 5% chance of actually happening...

At the trade deadline the Sabres blow up the team. They wind up last in the East and get a lottery pick.

They blow up the team even more at the draft.

They finish last next year and get another lottery pick.

Summer of 2013 they sign an elite free agent. 2013-2014 their lottery picks "come of age". They make the playoffs and get to the second round. 2014-2015 they sign a couple of good role players and their non-lottery picks start to come of age. They lose in the conference finals on a disputed goal. Summer of 2015 they sign the "missing ingedrient". 2015-2016 they win the cup. 2016-2017 they repeat. Starting in 2017-2018 they never, never, ever lose again.

This might be 1%...

That being said im rooting for wignut over pat the gerbe :angel:

Archived