Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

The expression my cat makes when a huge thundercloud booms right overhead. 

His eyeballs get so big. It's hilarious. However, his claws digging into my flesh- not so awesome. 

Also, I wish I'd had this video in my life when I went pantsuit shopping ;)

Edited by Josie914

Well, I got the job! It's weird. I'm excited I did well in the interviews, and obviously a big pay raise is coming, but I don't know, I'm not as elated as I imagined I'd be. Long drive, and, well, I kind of feel like I'm being boxed in. I only interviewed with one other place. Should I send out some more resumes and see what I hear back before I take the job offer?

Well, I got the job! It's weird. I'm excited I did well in the interviews, and obviously a big pay raise is coming, but I don't know, I'm not as elated as I imagined I'd be. Long drive, and, well, I kind of feel like I'm being boxed in. I only interviewed with one other place. Should I send out some more resumes and see what I hear back before I take the job offer?

Only you have enough information to make that call.

Is it a dick move if they call me and I tell them I can't take the job right now, I have another interview scheduled? 

Not necessarily. It's all in the delivery.

I don't think it's wrong to ask them for a few days to decide; they should expect that you were interviewing for more than one position (they don't need to know you haven't gone on the other interview yet) and it's not unreasonable to take a few days and think on it.  Question is, if the other interview goes well, how long until you might have an offer from them?

Not necessarily. It's all in the delivery.

I don't think it's wrong to ask them for a few days to decide; they should expect that you were interviewing for more than one position (they don't need to know you haven't gone on the other interview yet) and it's not unreasonable to take a few days and think on it.  Question is, if the other interview goes well, how long until you might have an offer from them?

Thanks guys, appreciate it a ton. For some reason my notifications didn't tell me you quoted me. Weird

Anyways, I'm not really sure how long it would take. This series of interviews took 1 week, so maybe that? But that's if I here back right away, and get an interview tomorrow, etc. Realistically, I think more like two weeks. I think I'm going to wait and hear back from them on salary and position, and decide from there. 

Congrats on landing the job WC. I hope you figure out what you're looking for soon! Good luck dude.

I'm sitting here in the parking lot at work, interview for a promotion in 15 minutes, ready to throw up, stomach doing hula-hoops around my ass.

Time to go blow these away.

Congrats on landing the job WC. I hope you figure out what you're looking for soon! Good luck dude.

I'm sitting here in the parking lot at work, interview for a promotion in 15 minutes, ready to throw up, stomach doing hula-hoops around my ass.

Time to go blow these ###### away.

This is amazing.

Good luck! 

Time to go blow these ###### away.

Thanks man!  :beer:

Relax on that interview, you're gonna kill it anyways. 

Interview done. I don't think I can do it any better than that. If I get it, great. If not, oh well. I went in there and threw down. I hit em with everything I had and I didn't stumble on any questions. Got off on a few tangents that brought the questions back to my strengths. Thanked them for the opportunity, and appeared grateful but confident. I'm up against 4 others that are in my current position who have more experience in the position. I'll probably know in 2 days.

And now I get to eat, which is awesome! Taco Bell, here I come!

After some beignets and black coffee this morning I biked from Tybee to Lazaretto Creek to get some shrimp fresh off of the shrimp boats for supper. Got enough for shrimp and grits for breakfast tomorrow as well.

Well that sounds awesome. I love shrimp! I'm not into grits, but I know you southern boys can't have breakfast without em, so enjoy!

After some beignets and black coffee this morning I biked from Tybee to Lazaretto Creek to get some shrimp fresh off of the shrimp boats for supper. Got enough for shrimp and grits for breakfast tomorrow as well.

Mmmm beignets and coffee. 

I think that was my favorite thing about New Orleans to be honest. 

love it. 

where you at? visting, or relocated to some bayou?

Well that sounds awesome. I love shrimp! I'm not into grits, but I know you southern boys can't have breakfast without em, so enjoy!

shrimp and grits was among the better dishes i had during my last visit to NOLA. and i ordered it no fewer than four times. i read somewhere (during the visit) that the dish is actually much more native to a part of the carolinas (esp. the grits), but that louisiana, as it is wont to do with all things culinary, has refined and perfected it.

if you think you don't like grits, i urge you to revisit them in the hands of a capable chef or cook. delightful.

love it.

where you at? visting, or relocated to some bayou?

shrimp and grits was among the better dishes i had during my last visit to NOLA. and i ordered it no fewer than four times. i read somewhere (during the visit) that the dish is actually much more native to a part of the carolinas (esp. the grits), but that louisiana, as it is wont to do with all things culinary, has refined and perfected it.

if you think you don't like grits, i urge you to revisit them in the hands of a capable chef or cook. delightful.

Oh I'm certain I've never had them done right, as my only experience was at a Waffle House. (waffle house, I'm not proud, I was hungry!)

Oh I'm certain I've never had them done right, as my only experience was at a Waffle House. (waffle house, I'm not proud, I was hungry!)

Try shrimp and grits sometime rather than just regular grits.  I'm betting you'll enjoy.

Try shrimp and grits sometime rather than just regular grits. I'm betting you'll enjoy.

So I'll have to go on vacation is what you're telling me? As all I can get for breakfast around here are "dippy eggs" and scrapple :p I'm good with that. Vacation it is. I love trying new food.