Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

If you're watching those types of shows, do you watch Arrow? Now that was a crazy ending to the so called winter finale.

Never seen it... I'll have to see if it's on Hulu. I almost never watch shows when they're actually on anymore between work and hockey overlap. I do love that genre, though. Haven't decided if I'm going to watch Agent Carter... it's not a must-see, but I am curious about what they'll add in the way of backstory to some of the other Marvel characters.

It's on my netflix watch list

I watched the first season on Netflix, and I burnt out on it pretty quickly, but it's not really my genre. By the end of the season, I'd get up in the middle of the show and make food in the kitchen, check web/email/IM, etc. I haven't kicked on the the second season, I'll probably just binge through that while I work from home at some point.

I watched the first season on Netflix, and I burnt out on it pretty quickly, but it's not really my genre. By the end of the season, I'd get up in the middle of the show and make food in the kitchen, check web/email/IM, etc. I haven't kicked on the the second season, I'll probably just binge through that while I work from home at some point.

that's my plan lol

Also things that are awesome: I'm finally catching up at work so I finally had time to read through most of the threads on here and get caught up.

Edited by dEnnis the Menace

The second season picked up the pace quite a bit. They almost went overload on easter eggs though, which actually got annoying at times.

I finally caught up on Avatar (the Korra one). The first season was meh/bad and the second season was ok. Neither were even close to the level of Avatar the Last Airbender. But the 3rd and 4th season got back up to that level. Seems like the showrunners adjusted to the feedback all the 20 somethings that watched the original were giving.

The second season picked up the pace quite a bit. They almost went overload on easter eggs though, which actually got annoying at times.

for those of us not finely inculcated in the history of the characters, what easter eggs are there? honestly, i binge-watched the first two seasons and blazed through the first 5 or 6 of this season on sunday morning, but that's it. not familiar with any comic book references (if there are any), or any backstory ...

i do really like watching the show, if for no other reason than felicity. cuz ... damn.

for those of us not finely inculcated in the history of the characters, what easter eggs are there? honestly, i binge-watched the first two seasons and blazed through the first 5 or 6 of this season on sunday morning, but that's it. not familiar with any comic book references (if there are any), or any backstory ...

i do really like watching the show, if for no other reason than felicity. cuz ... damn.

They just reference a ton of characters from the DC universe. The first one that comes to mind was in the Suicide Squad episode, they had Harley Quinn (crazy sidekick of the Joker) speak a single line from a prison cell. There's just a ton of stuff like that. A threw in a lot of one off villains and only used their real name instead of their nickname. It would be something like having a guy named Clark Kent show up but not actually use the name Superman (just an example, obviously they didn't use him).

They just reference a ton of characters from the DC universe. The first one that comes to mind was in the Suicide Squad episode, they had Harley Quinn (crazy sidekick of the Joker) speak a single line from a prison cell. There's just a ton of stuff like that. A threw in a lot of one off villains and only used their real name instead of their nickname. It would be something like having a guy named Clark Kent show up but not actually use the name Superman (just an example, obviously they didn't use him).

nice. i love it when shows do that (even if i personally don't get all the references). Haven did that a lot during the first couple of seasons. they kept referencing just about every stephen king book or story ever written. it was awesome to catch all the little things they threw in.

nice. i love it when shows do that (even if i personally don't get all the references). Haven did that a lot during the first couple of seasons. they kept referencing just about every stephen king book or story ever written. it was awesome to catch all the little things they threw in.

Nice. I think one of my favorite examples of this was the first X-men movie. After the rest of the team recruits a reluctant Logan / Wolverine to join them in trying to stop Magneto and save Rogue, you see them all on the jet preparing to leave. Logan tugs uncomfortably at the collar of his suit, and says, "You guys actually go out in public in these things?" and Scott replies: "Well what would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" I was cracking up in the theater.

They kind of went overboard with it though. One thing is fairly obvious though this year. They are going to have a tv version of the justice league very soon. They're thdowing characters out there left and right.

I found an Ab Dolly on Craigslist for 15 bucks. They usually go on eBay for 40-50 bucks and up, believe it or not. Although most exercise products are rightly a joke, and this one seems to be, for me at least it really worked the last time I had one. It's fun rolling in different directions, versus the tedium and, frankly, the pain of crunches, situps, planks and the like. I am looking forward to many, many days of not using it after February 1.

My best friend back home has had a rough go of it recently. In short, she's had a string of jobs/firings, her husband is in med school/never home, she's back in school, trying to open her own business and is barely keeping the bills paid.

I saw her over Tgiving the day after she'd been fired again, and the house was in this sad state of half bare, half furnished. So with my xmas card to her this year I gave her money to a store she likes to help cozy it up.

Got a voicemail a few minutes ago with her crying in happiness. I know it wasn't much, and I bitch endlessly about being poor myself, but hearing how damn happy she was gave me all the Xmas spirit fuzzies.

My best friend back home has had a rough go of it recently. In short, she's had a string of jobs/firings, her husband is in med school/never home, she's back in school, trying to open her own business and is barely keeping the bills paid.

I saw her over Tgiving the day after she'd been fired again, and the house was in this sad state of half bare, half furnished. So with my xmas card to her this year I gave her money to a store she likes to help cozy it up.

Got a voicemail a few minutes ago with her crying in happiness. I know it wasn't much, and I bitch endlessly about being poor myself, but hearing how damn happy she was gave me all the Xmas spirit fuzzies.

Awesome, indeed. :thumbsup: