Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Was she...enthusiastic?

Well, it was a hypothetical, so I can't really say.

If I were to venture a guess, I'd say the young woman in that scenario was almost more composed and deliberate about the thing, and the fella was more omigodomigodomigod. A perhaps unexpected dynamic not unlike when the female cousins hang out in National Lampoon's Vacation, if you follow (except swap out the cousin for some guy, and the pot for the hanky panky).

Hypothetically speaking, of course. (Who am I, Ray Rice's attorney?)

Edited by That Aud Smell

I just found out that I can get a really good discount on tickets for the Sabres-Hurricanes regular season game coming up in early October through work. I guess I'll be pillaging in a financially responsible way this year. I might have to go crazy and eat two babies instead of just one.

Edited by shrader

And not too many under 25s know seinfeld. My 6 year old knows the Simpsons, because they still exist. I still think seinfeld is greater, but the Simpsons might be the only show to come close.

I don't think any show has an unlimited shelf life. There's always going to be an age group that isn't aware of a show if they weren't around for it. I'm guessing most people under 30 today probably haven't seen an episode of Cheers. The sad truth is that even the greatest of shows will eventually fade away. They may live slightly longer now thanks to the abundance of cable networks running syndicated shows, but it will still happen eventually.

I don't think any show has an unlimited shelf life. There's always going to be an age group that isn't aware of a show if they weren't around for it. I'm guessing most people under 30 today probably haven't seen an episode of Cheers. The sad truth is that even the greatest of shows will eventually fade away. They may live slightly longer now thanks to the abundance of cable networks running syndicated shows, but it will still happen eventually.

Cheers is one of the best shows of all time. What a lineup of comedy heavy hitters.

What are people's thoughts on Roseanne? I hated that show as a kid because they just seemed like sh*tty people. But as I've gotten older I've come to respect it. Plus I love everything John Goodman touches.

The Aud Club

Cheers is one of the best shows of all time. What a lineup of comedy heavy hitters.

What are people's thoughts on Roseanne? I hated that show as a kid because they just seemed like sh*tty people. But as I've gotten older I've come to respect it. Plus I love everything John Goodman touches.

Roseanne was great until they won the lottery. Once they were no longer blue collar people struggling to pay the bills it went to ######.

Can not stand Roseanne Barr. the show was very well done but I had a hard time watching it because I found her role incredibly obnoxious.

Now THIS is what I was expecting from PA.(minus the Netflix amazon stuff cuz he still goes to video stores) :lol:

Never liked Barney Miller. Some of my early favorites were All in the Family (show me better acting than what Carroll O'Connor and Jean Stapleton pulled off), The Odd Couple and of course M*A*S*H. And some of my fondest memories of childhood involve watching The Carol Burnett Show. When Harvey Korman and Tim Conway got going, it was gold.

It's funny how things change over the years. The one that always comes to mind for me is Married with Children. That show pushed the limits about as far as they could possibly go back then. Now watch it compared to TV shows and it is downright tame. It's amazing how quickly things changed.

OH dude, I have something totally awesome I forgot to post... d4rk gave me an airbrush for my birthday! I can now learn how to paint with it and eventually get to where I can work on goalie masks and motorcycle tanks! That's the plan, anyways....

You should get him one of those old style goalie masks that are a solid piece of plastic with only eye holes (and a few smaller ones for ventilation). Then paint his face onto the mask. He'd never let in another goal again because people would be aiming for his head.

You should get him one of those old style goalie masks that are a solid piece of plastic with only eye holes (and a few smaller ones for ventilation). Then paint his face onto the mask. He'd never let in another goal again because people would be aiming for his head.

:w00t:

We have one of those. I made a snowgoalie on our balcony last winter using it. I also used it as part of a Casey Jones halloween costume. So did d4rk.

I'll be on the lookout for ###### beat masks that I can ruin/learn on and not feel bad about.

Any Barney Miller fans? I wish Netflix or Amazon carried those old episodes.

I loved Barney Miller. It was never fall-down funny; just done with a very wry wit. Dietrich was my favorite character.

I never missed an episode of Cheers when it was on originally, but I've seen some re-runs and the show did not age well.

(On the other hand, Friends is often as funny now as it was back in the '90s. God, has it been that long? And Aniston is STILL a knockout!)

I also never missed Seinfeld, but when i watch re-runs now, I see why everyone in the final episode disliked them. They did some pretty mean things.