Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

So watching the Michigan/VCU game.....VCU down be 15.......the sideline reporter goes....."if you think these guys are going to quit being down 15, think again.....they trained with the Navy Seals this offseason...they won't quit!"

I laugh....yes, the Sabres trained with them as well.

Sure enough, Michigan goes on a 7-0 run in the next 45 seconds to lead by 22.....

Don't worry. I won't even gOOgle wtf Dzeko is.

Speaking of google. Elay Smith (or Brittany Meece). I'll give the boys a little while to get back to me on that.

The foreign exchange student experiment should be ending in the next 48 hrs. Epic OT topic coming when its officially over.

Waiting with bated breath...

Patty talking about bullying and it's harmfulness ...

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabres 15h

WATCH: Patrick Kaleta discusses bullying and its harmful effects >>> http://ow.ly/jztdg

=====

Don't get me wrong I think bullying is a huge problem and I am very happy when anyone makes an effort to stop it, but ...

... there is another small part of me that finds it somewhat amusing that a bully on the ice is doing this. Maybe I'm a bad person for that.

Patty talking about bullying and it's harmfulness ...

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabres 15h

WATCH: Patrick Kaleta discusses bullying and its harmful effects >>> http://ow.ly/jztdg

=====

Don't get me wrong I think bullying is a huge problem and I am very happy when anyone makes an effort to stop it, but ...

... there is another small part of me that finds it somewhat amusing that a bully on the ice is doing this. Maybe I'm a bad person for that.

No...you just have a sense of irony.

How's that rink in the Southtowns coming along? I haven't heard any updates the past few years.

Spent the morning at Point Breeze fishing with my kid. There is no better way to bond with your children than to take them fishing. There is something magical about it. The only downside is the fish weren't cooperating. It's still a bit early for the panfish to be in and the steelhead run is about over.

For all you nattering nabobs of negativity, I bring you a moment perhaps unparalled in Sabres history, Rick Jeanerett's glorious call of Drury's goal with 7 seconds left. Things will get better, mark it. Maybe not under this ownership, but it will get better.

For all you nattering nabobs of negativity, I bring you a moment perhaps unparalled in Sabres history, Rick Jeanerett's glorious call of Drury's goal with 7 seconds left. Things will get better, mark it. Maybe not under this ownership, but it will get better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYh4WUqfg1U

That video never gets old, but in the end where did it get us. The key to that goal was Zubrus taking out 2 Rangers beside the net in the corner, so that Drury could come up with the puck back there. Of course, it was a perfect shot, but, IMO, there would have been no shot by Drury without Zubrus doing the dirty work. Who on this roster now is willing / able to do that?

Also, are you blaming Pegula for this mess? Really?

Just booked a vacation. Joanna hasn't taken one in two years and I could certainly use time away from work. So we're going to stay at a cabin at Old Forge in the Adirondacks the last week of May and taking it nice and easy. Hiking, kayaking, sleeping. Cigars and scotch. Awesome.

Just booked a vacation. Joanna hasn't taken one in two years and I could certainly use time away from work. So we're going to stay at a cabin at Old Forge in the Adirondacks the last week of May and taking it nice and easy. Hiking, kayaking, sleeping. Cigars and scotch. Awesome.

That does sound awesome.

Last week of May, eh? Two words for you, my friend ...

Black. Flies.

Oh, I volunteer at a camp up in the Adirondacks. It's called Double H Ranch. It was co-founded by Paul Newman. It's in Lake Luzerne, but basically Lake George. It's wonderful up there. A nice break from the east side of Buffalo in the summer.

Have you guys been up before or will the be your first?

Edited by 87168

Oh, I volunteer at a camp up in the Adirondacks. It's called Double H Ranch. It was co-founded by Paul Newman. It's in Lake Luzerne, but basically Lake George. It's wonderful up there. A nice break from the east side of Buffalo in the summer.

Have you guys been up before or will the be your first?

I haven't been to the Adirondacks since I was a kid, and this will be her first time. We're super excited.