GDT: Jets at Sabres 1/07/12 7:00PM

spndnchz

Who's Hot: Blake Wheeler's six-game points streak was snapped Thursday, but he still has 5 goals and 5 assists over the Jets' last nine games. … Pominville has goals in two straight and 2 goals and 2 assists over the Sabres' last four games.

Buffalo is beginning to pick up points at the F'N Center, going 4-1-3 in its last eight on home ice.

Pommers tonight will become the 27th player to play 500 games with the Sabres.

Buffalo is beginning to pick up points at the F'N Center, going 4-1-3 in its last eight on home ice.

Hey now! 11 out of 16 ain't bad, right? PLAYOFFS!!!!

Winnipeg did not play Friday night, but they got shut out in Toronto on Thursday. They'll have almost certainly been in Buffalo longer than the Sabres will have been before gametime.

Pavelec should be in net for the Jets, but after his performance Friday, is Miller still going to be counted on to be leaned on a little bit more by Lindy? My guess is yes, Miller starts.

And here we go again..

2 points tonight or the weekend is a colossal failure.

Sitting 4 games under .500 and a -13 goal differential faceing the half-way point. This is as close as you can get to "must win." The top teams in the Conference are starting to pull away. The Sabres are going to have to pull some type of streak together just to keep up with the other bottom feeders.

Its time to finally realize that we are the NY Islanders. Teams do not fear playing at FNC. They can't wait to play a very non intimidating team like the Sabres. Im sure Winnipeg will be highly disappointed if they don't snag 2 points.

Hey now! 11 out of 16 ain't bad, right? PLAYOFFS!!!!

Winnipeg did not play Friday night, but they got shut out in Toronto on Thursday. They'll have almost certainly been in Buffalo longer than the Sabres will have been before gametime.

Pavelec should be in net for the Jets, but after his performance Friday, is Miller still going to be counted on to be leaned on a little bit more by Lindy? My guess is yes, Miller starts.

Very certainly; they got to their Buffalo hotel at around 5pm yesterday.

Well, is that so? Are you a puck bunny? :P

Haha! But no. I just happen to work in the same building as the hotel where most teams stay. I usually run into opposing players on the morning of the game, actually. So yesterday, when I left work at about 4, there was a group of dudes decked out in Thrashers gear awaiting the Jets' bus, and the hotel was prepared for the bus (it puts out snacks for the players, envelopes w/ room keys, etc.).

I'll be at this game, and they better show up. If not, I will boo relentlessly until I have to be removed from the arena. I expect maximum effort.

Sitting in section 123 Row 8. Probably wearing one of four jerseys: Khmylev, Numminen, Spencer or Shields. Come say hi if you see me!

Both Kassian and Brennan sent back to Rachacha.

I'm assuming Leino is back.

I am torn between this being good (aka believing ruff is making players suck) or horrendous because we just lost more grit out of lineup that includes a bunch of softees.... Oddly enough if Leino is coming I find it beyond stupid to dump Kassian when Adam-Leino-Kassian was clicking to send Kassian away...

Also of note: we are 5 points outside of a playoff position and 6 pts out of dead last in our conference.

The last time the Sabres won a game scoring only 2 goals was December 9 against Florida.

33 goals scored by Pommers and Vanek and 73 goals scored by the rest of the team or 2 players have scored 30% of the teams goals. The lack of secondary scoring is wonderful.

Anyone know if the game will be shown in Buffalo on CBC? It the HNIC game tonight. Their site showing it's on HNIC and cbcsports.ca.

Yup. Ruff says Ville back tonight.

Can't find anything definite, but usually CBLT shows a Leafs Saturday game even if CBC nationwide is showing something else, if memory serves me right. I really hope so, though!

EDIT: Sorry to say, but it looks like CBLT (the CBC station in Toronto) is carrying the Detroit-Toronto game tonight. http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?stnNum=10091&channel=217

Can't find anything definite, but usually CBLT shows a Leafs Saturday game even if CBC nationwide is showing something else, if memory serves me right. I really hope so, though!

EDIT: Sorry to say, but it looks like CBLT (the CBC station in Toronto) is carrying the Detroit-Toronto game tonight. http://tvlistings.za...091&channel=217

It'll sometimes be played on cbc.ca

Leino hasn't really produced (yet) for the Sabres, but I would bet if he was given the ice time and the linemates that Stafford has been given all year, his production would be higher than Stafford's

Plus I liked reading Leino's comments about how the team needed to hit more. I don't know if I've ever heard that from Drew.

Archived