GDT: Jets at Sabres 1/07/12 7:00PM

spndnchz

Leino hasn't really produced (yet) for the Sabres, but I would bet if he was given the ice time and the linemates that Stafford has been given all year, his production would be higher than Stafford's

They put Leino on the top line, he sucked so bad it lasted 10 minutes.

Leino hasn't really produced (yet) for the Sabres, but I would bet if he was given the ice time and the linemates that Stafford has been given all year, his production would be higher than Stafford's

I appreciate your optimism. On these boards it's a rare thing, but when it comes to Leino he's probably the only player that I can not give the benefit of the doubt to.

Put Stafford on Waivers and see if anyone claims him. Keep Kassian. Another stupid Ruff maneuver.

Lets be relaistic. Stafford has a LOT of trade value. If they want him off the team, they could trade him in a heartbeat. No need to waive him, and get nothing put cap space in return.

I will be going and will probably be forced to sit on my hands and keep my mouth shut tonight because I certainly don't expect this team to do somethinng to make me do anything other than listen in on Chet and Muffy's conversation behind me.

Lets be relaistic. Stafford has a LOT of trade value. If they want him off the team, they could trade him in a heartbeat. No need to waive him, and get nothing put cap space in return.

I'm sure Darcy thinks so.

I'm not sure what value a 15 goal 40 point 26 year old winger that doesn't hit and has trouble mustering up effort most nights actually has.

I'm sure Darcy thinks so.

I'm not sure what value a 15 goal 40 point 26 year old winger that doesn't hit and has trouble mustering up effort most nights actually has.

I've said it recently...

The will always be a GM(s), who think they can "fix" the player they are acquiring. They get blinded by the potential(in Staffords case, a good mix of size, speed and skill) or past success, and they just can't resist.

Hoping for a win, expecting another loss.

Who will get injured tonight?

Let's go Buffalo!

For those with playoff hopes, they needed 5 out of 6 points in these three games.

For those seeking change, they likely needed no more than 2 of 6.

Why do I think tonite smells like an OT loss to give them 3 of a possible 6? Status quo.

I've said it recently...

The will always be a GM(s), who think they can "fix" the player they are acquiring. They get blinded by the potential(in Staffords case, a good mix of size, speed and skill) or past success, and they just can't resist.

Sadly, one of those GM's currently holds the Sabres' GM position.

Can't find anything definite, but usually CBLT shows a Leafs Saturday game even if CBC nationwide is showing something else, if memory serves me right. I really hope so, though!

EDIT: Sorry to say, but it looks like CBLT (the CBC station in Toronto) is carrying the Detroit-Toronto game tonight. http://tvlistings.za...091&channel=217

It will probably be a more entertaining game....

My guess is yes, Miller starts.

Me too.

2 points tonight or the weekend is a colossal failure.

Sitting 4 games under .500 and a -13 goal differential faceing the half-way point. This is as close as you can get to "must win." The top teams in the Conference are starting to pull away. The Sabres are going to have to pull some type of streak together just to keep up with the other bottom feeders.

True.

I'll be at this game, and they better show up. If not, I will boo relentlessly until I have to be removed from the arena. I expect maximum effort.

Sitting in section 123 Row 8. Probably wearing one of four jerseys: Khmylev, Numminen, Spencer or Shields. Come say hi if you see me!

Hello Numminen.

Both Kassian and Brennan sent back to Rachacha.

I'm assuming Leino is back.

Interesting. I think Leino will help. Not sure what that does to the lines. Maybe:

Hecht-Vanek-Pommer

Leino-Stafford-Gerbe

Adam-Boyes-Ellis

Gaustad-Kaleta-McCormick

Far too much money hits the cap again with Leino's return. Sending Kassian back is the only real option in the short term.

Good call. He also really hasn't earned the lineup spot in the last few games.

Haha! But no. I just happen to work in the same building as the hotel where most teams stay. I usually run into opposing players on the morning of the game, actually. So yesterday, when I left work at about 4, there was a group of dudes decked out in Thrashers gear awaiting the Jets' bus, and the hotel was prepared for the bus (it puts out snacks for the players, envelopes w/ room keys, etc.).

Can't you like poison the food of opposing teams ? I'm not saying you have to kill them, just make them sick enough to lose :D

Good call. He also really hasn't earned the lineup spot in the last few games.

Leino hasn't earned that spot. The Sabres are forced to put a player in the lineup because of his contract and not his value as a player. I guess this is just where this franchise is at this point.

Leino hasn't earned that spot. The Sabres are forced to put a player in the lineup because of his contract and not his value as a player. I guess this is just where this franchise is at this point.

The team certainly is in lousy shape, but Leino was playing much better before he got hurt than kassian has been playing the last couple of weeks.

And every other franchise. You see they arent going to not play a healthy Center when they are short centers.

The team certainly is in lousy shape, but Leino was playing much better before he got hurt than kassian has been playing the last couple of weeks.

I would have liked to see Kassian play through it. He brings far more to the team than Leino.

And every other franchise. You see they arent going to not play a healthy Center when they are short centers.

What does Leino have to do with "Centers." He is as much a "Center" as Leopold is.

Center?????

Does anyone still really think Leino is a center?????

Anyway, I have a bad feeling about this one. Me thinks I will wake up with the Sabres a game under 500.

I would have liked to see Kassian play through it. He brings far more to the team than Leino.

Leino will be fine....with a new coach. I like that he has had the nads to talk out. Not great that he hasn't done jack yet, but if I came from Philly to Ruff's system, I'd be asking WTF as well.

We are so far past the point of no return with Ruff, it is sad. You get a guy in here that wants to take the game to another team and is respected, you will get more out of Lieno, Gaustad, Stafford, Gerbe, Weber, Vanek....and Regehr and McCormick will get their hearts back. It is such a simple solution. You just need a new GM, Coach, and 2 or 3 key leaders. The rest of the talent is there.

Leino will be fine....with a new coach. I like that he has had the nads to talk out. Not great that he hasn't done jack yet, but if I came from Philly to Ruff's system, I'd be asking WTF as well.

We are so far past the point of no return with Ruff, it is sad. You get a guy in here that wants to take the game to another team and is respected, you will get more out of Lieno, Gaustad, Stafford, Gerbe, Weber, Vanek....and Regehr and McCormick will get their hearts back. It is such a simple solution. You just need a new GM, Coach, and 2 or 3 key leaders. The rest of the talent is there.

They would have to undo some serious damage done to Gaustad, I just don't think there is anymore to Stafford. Stafford is what he is.

I love Chad for his brain too ...

He's not just another pretty face with a killer bod!!

They would have to undo some serious damage done to Gaustad, I just don't think there is anymore to Stafford. Stafford is what he is.

Sure...that's been the problem. The longer we let this fester, the worse the infection spreads and kills things off. If they let Darcy and Ruff finish this season out, the long term damage may be so much that it's years to recover and contend. I'm concerned when I see Sunshine and Kittens throwing in the towel. It's past time, and I have no energy to lead a charge anymore. The city has been burning for years and just now people are looking for the hoses. There may be nothing left to save before long. This really sucks. I think it's all too late now. If the fans turn on Pegula, he can check out, out of spite. This is not good.

Sure...that's been the problem. The longer we let this fester, the worse the infection spreads and kills things off. If they let Darcy and Ruff finish this season out, the long term damage may be so much that it's years to recover and contend. I'm concerned when I see Sunshine and Kittens throwing in the towel. It's past time, and I have no energy to lead a charge anymore. The city has been burning for years and just now people are looking for the hoses. There may be nothing left to save before long. This really sucks. I think it's all too late now. If the fans turn on Pegula, he can check out, out of spite. This is not good.

Fortunately, he is not a quitter ... at least it seems he never has up to now.

Archived