GDT: Jets at Sabres 1/07/12 7:00PM

spndnchz

Some random thoughts on the game-

-Myers looks good.

-Pominville is just a solid player. He might not light the world on fire, but boy, he just always does the right thing.

-Evander Kane has some mad quicks.

-I hate where our forwards play in our zone and have for years. It's a part of Lindy's system that sucks and has sucked for years. They play so deep that they just end up chasing their GD tails all game. It's beyond frustrating.

-Every single player on this team (except for maybe Gerbe) plays with ZERO confidence. I don't know if it is Lindy's fault or what, if he beats them down once they get too uppity or not, but it is awful to watch. Nobody wants to take a shot and they question every pass they make.

-I'll say it again because it needs to be said, any team that gets beat by Johnny Oduya deserves to miss the playoffs. Period.

That's all I got.

Great post.

You may be onto something. Oduya had 4 previous game winners in his career, all in 2008-09. The four teams he beat were Toronto (missed), Ottawa (missed), Florida (missed), and Montreal (made it in 8th on the tie-breaker over Florida, then were swept by the Bruins in the first round.)

Awesome.

Archived