Time Warner/MSG deal not reached - no more coverage

Claude Balls

How much of the pie does TW control in BFLO? Is it the biggest provider?

I believe so for cable TV. They are 100% in Rochester, unless you go satellite, which I plan on doing. I have a friend that works for Direct TV and I will be calling him tomorrow.

I believe so for cable TV. They are 100% in Rochester, unless you go satellite, which I plan on doing. I have a friend that works for Direct TV and I will be calling him tomorrow.

Wow, that's really unfortunate. I'd be a very unhappy customer right now! Too bad you guys don't have U-Verse up there yet. I've been really impressed. Can always go to NHL Game Center as a last resort I guess.

Wow, that's really unfortunate. I'd be a very unhappy customer right now! Too bad you guys don't have U-Verse up there yet. I've been really impressed. Can always go to NHL Game Center as a last resort I guess.

Haha. Next thing you know, Western New Yorkers will be slingboxing from friends with Center Ice who live out of region in order to get the Buffalo games. So it seems the tables have turned......

Yupper.....MSG is now some NBA channel and MSG+ is an NHL channel. They pulled the plug!!!

That stinks, I already have those channels due to digital cable. However I guess for the guy who doesn't have it it's nice. I guess it's better than the screen shot message they had this morning giving us the 411.

Does anybody know anything on where the sides stand and if theres a shot they can reach a deal in the near future?

Crime Warner is it's name and being greedy is it's game.

From a buainess perspective it makes sense to get all the money you can. I read somewhere that they just made a huge investment on the Lakers or something. So they probably are thinking if they can cash in on LA why not try and do the same with the LA of the East Coast?

From a personal perspective it sucks because it shows they care about nothing besides themselves and money. I'm sure they are vastly hurting.....

Ummm..you do realize this has been discussed ad nausium in other threads?

Well now that it's official it has it's own thread. What do you want, I've been over at TBD lately so I'm used to repetitive topics!! Hey, you got center ice or dish? I'll ride my bike down to your house to watch the games through your window :flirt:

I thought I read that Time Warner will be showing the Sabre games just not the network programming till its worked out. I find it hard to believe they wouldnt. Buffalo in the winter time there aint much to do and the loss of customers over this would definately leave a mark.

I thought I read that Time Warner will be showing the Sabre games just not the network programming till its worked out. I find it hard to believe they wouldnt. Buffalo in the winter time there aint much to do and the loss of customers over this would definately leave a mark.

The article in this mornings Buffalo News, or the full page ad in the same News taken out by TWC mentions nothing about this.

Come on now folks the way this team has been playing they have done you all a favor.

You see I live out of town with the center ice package and it ruins you for Hockey. When Lindy's Sabres are producing" as Lindy states" an acceptable level of battle. I can(and often do) switch to other Hockey games and get to see what real competitive Hockey should be like.

This team looks so lost right now and I do not see any signs of some magic run coming up to save them. Coaching seems to be totally lost on what to do. Ruff has already started the Pussification of Kassian by benching him last game instead of the real loafer's.

Mark my words' If you like hockey and get center ice you will find yourself switching to more entertaining games as this version of Sabres has regularly been quite unwatchable.

If anyone is interested, I know of a site that will carry the Sabres games and unlike most internet feeds, this one does not delay to reload every 15 seconds and the picture is very good. It does require a donation, which is pretty minimal, depending on the length of time you want to sign up for. I've been a member for about a year and never had a problem watching BILLS (blacked out) and Sabres games. If interested send me a PM and I'll send the address. I have no affiliations with the site other than being a member, so the only thing I gain is helping out fellow Sabre's fans.

I live in Las Vegas and have the Center Ice Package. So with the dropping of MSG, does this mean I will only get the opposing teams feed (God, I hope not) or will I still be able to get MSG with Rick and Harry? Sorry, if this is redundant, I just cannot find a solid answer as to what station I will be viewing for us West Coasters and the rest of the Sabres season (pathetic as it is).

Thanks in advance!

You'll still get whatever feed Center ice was supposed to use for that game. People in Buffalo at least still have a choice in some markets. In Rochester you either have DirecTV or you can't watch the Sabres. Ironically, also in Rochester you either have TWC or you cannot watch the Amerks... one big happy family I see.

I've written numerous times to the NHL, the Sabres, and MSG over the ignorance of Center Ice blackout rules. It would be nice if they would embrace the fact that blacking out the games in the home market does not protect their cable/satellite subscriptions. If i have BOTH I would most certainly watch on cable/satellite. If I don't have cable/satellite then I can't watch on the Internet because it's blacked out. Center Ice package on TV would be nice for the same reason but I'll leave that alone.

You can blast Time Warner.. the last time I did a cost comparison the services were fairly equal in pricing for what you got and I doubt that's changed too much. The agreements from the content providers are going to be pretty similar across the board. Odds are DirecTV doesn't have a better deal than TWC could get. It's just time for TWC's contract to be up. In X years when DirecTV's carriage contract is up we will get the same thing again only this time people will need to switch to TWC or some other alternative.

TWC will lose a little bit of business but not a ton I would imagine. MSG will lose a ton of viewership in Buffalo and Rochester and there go the advertising rates they can get from local advertisers. How much do you think Yancey's Fancy wants to pay now that a large portion of their market can't even see their ads? The Sabres lose big because they lose viewers and thus interest in their product, whether you like how they are playing or not. The fans.. they always lose.

The funny thing was.. TWC offered me a sweetheart deal 1 month ago to switch from DirecTV. I told them I wouldn't consider it until they signed a deal with MSG... and this is why. Being in Rochester I'm lucky to be on the only service that gets the Sabres now.

Good luck with those phone calls. I went through this last year with Dish Network. All I got out of my angry call was 3 months of NHL Network at no charge. Big F'ing Deal. I'm a DirectTV customer now.

The only reason DirectTV has MSG is because they caved in to MSG in 2009 and put Fuse Network on their system. Yep, this whole stupid argument is over a music channel that MSG owns that noone wants to watch.

If it happens again I'm not going to another provider. I'll drop all cable and plan on bookmarking every streaming site available.

I wonder if the Sabres can get the coverage they need by going back to an OTA channel, like WNYO or ION?

I'm going to subscribe to NHL GameCenter and spoof my IP somehow to say I'm out-of-market. Seems like a good idea in theory, but I'm pretty worried that GameCenter might have some kind of block in place to detect that kind of thing. And the problem is once you subscribe, you can't cancel -- gotta finish out the season. So if it doesn't work... at least I can watch hundreds of other games, I guess.

I live in Las Vegas and have the Center Ice Package. So with the dropping of MSG, does this mean I will only get the opposing teams feed (God, I hope not) or will I still be able to get MSG with Rick and Harry? Sorry, if this is redundant, I just cannot find a solid answer as to what station I will be viewing for us West Coasters and the rest of the Sabres season (pathetic as it is).

Thanks in advance!

I'm going to subscribe to NHL GameCenter and spoof my IP somehow to say I'm out-of-market. Seems like a good idea in theory, but I'm pretty worried that GameCenter might have some kind of block in place to detect that kind of thing. And the problem is once you subscribe, you can't cancel -- gotta finish out the season. So if it doesn't work... at least I can watch hundreds of other games, I guess.

That's one thing I'm concerned about. I've also got NHLGC and I'm just hoping they don't get their feed from TW. I doubt it, but you never know. Last year when I was upset about the standard def feed they were giving us, NHLGC told me to contact MSG because they had nothing to do with it. So I'm hoping that implies that they get their feed directly from MSG.

When you sign up, you have to declare your favorite team. I'm not sure if they go by that or by your IP. I'm almost certain it's your IP but I don't know for sure. You can go back and watch 4 years of archives too, not to mention a ton of old classics. They've got 39 classic Sabres games mostly from the early 90's to mid 2000's plus game 6 of the '75 finals. Don't bother trying to share your membership with somebody else. You can only sign on at one computer. If you sign on some place else it automatically sign you out of the other computer.

Well now that it's official it has it's own thread. What do you want, I've been over at TBD lately so I'm used to repetitive topics!! Hey, you got center ice or dish? I'll ride my bike down to your

house to watch the games through your window

:flirt:

Directv (if you park behind the church on 31 with some binoculars you'll be all set)

Archived