Time Warner/MSG deal not reached - no more coverage

Claude Balls

Wouldn't the first round or two be on MSG? Unless it's tabbed for a national game.

And then there are the Ranger and Devil fans impacted by it too. I'm sure its a smaller percentage of their viewers left out in the cold, but I'm sure NBC will be leaning towards these teams a bit when they're picking their national broadcast.

Doesn't NBC have the rights to NHL playoffs games? So, they should be on NBC and NBC Sports (formerly Vs), just as the current NBC Sports games are still played on TW.

Wouldn't the first round or two be on MSG? Unless it's tabbed for a national game.

Correct -- MSG will carry, but Vs / NBC Sports will take precedence if they decide to pick up the game. I got hosed last year because even though I pay for Center Ice (out of market), Vs kept adding more Sabres/Flyers games at the last minute, especially as other matchups from the first round ended. When that happened MSG was blacked-out and I had to go to a friend's house since I don't get Vs.

And then there are the Ranger and Devil fans impacted by it too. I'm sure its a smaller percentage of their viewers left out in the cold, but I'm sure NBC will be leaning towards these teams a bit when they're picking their national broadcast.

NBC gets more viewers for hockey here than anywhere else in the US, though. Of course, there may or may not be more dedicated Rangers fans nationwide than dedicated Sabres fans.

NBC gets more viewers for hockey here than anywhere else in the US, though. Of course, there may or may not be more dedicated Rangers fans nationwide than dedicated Sabres fans.

Is that based on pure numbers or just the percentages though? I've never had a good feel for which of those is correct.

Is that based on pure numbers or just the percentages though? I've never had a good feel for which of those is correct.

I'm pretty sure "ratings" deals with pure numbers and "share" deals with percentages. And they (who? I don't really know) say that we lead the country in ratings.

I'm pretty sure "ratings" deals with pure numbers and "share" deals with percentages. And they (who? I don't really know) say that we lead the country in ratings.

I'm doing some googling right now and the rating that is always cited is the % of households watching while the share is the % of total viewers watching. So the number we lead in is the percentage of households, not the actual number of viewers.

NYT NEWS ALERT: Dispute Between Time Warner Cable and MSG Network Is Reportedly Resolved

soooo do the Sabres start playing better knowing that their fan base has the ability to watch again?

HAHAHA Who am I kidding...that's too much on the side of expectations...Derek Roy would poop himself!

A deal has been reached? Shocking! Let me guess..there is plenty of money to be made by both parties to ensure a handsome profit throughout the new agreement. <_<

Would expect anything less?

And the DirecTV guy is coming to my house at 9am tomorrow.

You'll be much happier with DTV in the long run.

Would expect anything less?

You'll be much happier with DTV in the long run.

No reason to not be excited.

u wont regret it

Straw that broke the camels back.

Upside: smaller boxes inside (that might allow me to wall-mount a nice TV in the bedroom). Downside: Two dishes on my roof. I won't make the call tomorrow, but I will get the quote.

Meanwhile: HOCKEY ON MSG AT HOME!!!!!

Upside: smaller boxes inside (that might allow me to wall-mount a nice TV in the bedroom). Downside: Two dishes on my roof. I won't make the call tomorrow, but I will get the quote.

Meanwhile: HOCKEY ON MSG AT HOME!!!!!

Wahoo! Even if they aren't playing well, it's still nice to be able to sit on my own couch and watch the game tonight.

Archived