GDT: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 12/17/11 at 7pm

Eleven

The Sabres are 6-7-3 since a four-game winning streak that ended on Nov. 11. They haven't won consecutive games since then.

Who's Hot: Vanek has four goals in his last five games. … Pittsburgh's Evgeni Malkin has seven points during a four-game scoring streak.

Great game last night.

Now this one is for bragging rights back at the office on Monday.

Pgh does not lose two in row often. I agree with Callaway even just a point would be fine out of this one.

Let's Go Buffalo with a nice solid road game.

Paul Hamsammich is twattering that he cannot tell which goalie will start from the morning skate (only 5 players skated) and that he expects Stuart in and McNabb out.

EDIT: Sabres' official twatterence is that Stuart will play and "a D-man" will sit.

Paul Hamsammich is twattering that he cannot tell which goalie will start from the morning skate (only 5 players skated) and that he expects Stuart in and McNabb out.

EDIT: Sabres' official twatterence is that Stuart will play and "a D-man" will sit.

Is there something I missed last night that would cause McNabb to sit?

I think the Sabres will get dominated this game unfoturnatly.

BUT

Miller, coming of a great game, will stand on his head and lead the Sabres to a 2 to 1 win.

I hope

Can't say I disagree w/ that. Yes, the Sabres may have possibly played hard for close to 60 min last night, something they have rarely done, but Pitt is good even w/out Crosby. The Sabres are missing a number of players since the last time they played the Penguins. It'll be interesting, but I will admit I was hoping the Sabres would take at least one win this weekend before last night's game. If they beat Pitt tonight, I'll be very happy.

Hopefully he is not injured. I will be mad if Mcnabb is benched for a bs reason. The guy plays hard, hits hard and hasn't made too many mistakes. He's legit.

Can't say I disagree w/ that. Yes, the Sabres may have possibly played hard for close to 60 min last night, something they have rarely done, but Pitt is good even w/out Crosby. The Sabres are missing a number of players since the last time they played the Penguins. It'll be interesting, but I will admit I was hoping the Sabres would take at least one win this weekend before last night's game. If they beat Pitt tonight, I'll be very happy.

Hopefully he is not injured. I will be mad if Mcnabb is benched for a bs reason. The guy plays hard, hits hard and hasn't made too many mistakes. He's legit.

McNabb played just over six minutes last night and, according to Hamsammich: "McNabb just told me himself he's not playing up to what he should be, not moving his feet well." Also, "again, this is from 81 himself. He's not happy with his play. Thinks he can be so much better, he doesn't feel he's moving his feet well."

http://twitter.com/#!/pham22758

Is Pitt a good place to get a walk up ticket?

It's pretty tough to get one on a Saturday night. Plus with the Steelers playing in San Fran on Monday night more fans will gravitate towards the game tonight. You can probably get on from a scalper but they really put it to em down here.

I like really McNabb and I don't know why Lindy would bench him.

He did have a couple of tough moments early in the game (e.g., getting stripped from behind for a big scoring chance), though it was hard to remember after that huge hit. I'd rather he stay in and fight through those, than sit. However, if Lindy gives him a game to watch with the intention of putting him back in the game, I could see that. Definitely love his potential, though.

His terrible play when he did get a shift. I love this guy going forward but he's a rookie and IMHO has been playing like one. He's getting a ton of credit on this board and save for his first couple of games it is not warranted. He has been turning the puck over more than he should it seems and I wouldn't mind sending him back to Rocha cha. He's young and needs to develop. Kassian on the other hand has been too good to send down and I'm fine keeping him up. McNabb will be a good one and I think it'll help his development by playing big minutes for the Amerks. He got a taste of the NHL and maybe come February we'll need him again up here.

Great game last night.

Now this one is for bragging rights back at the office on Monday.

Pgh does not lose two in row often. I agree with Callaway even just a point would be fine out of this one.

Let's Go Buffalo with a nice solid road game.

I got my bragging rights last night, I hope u get yours tonight. :beer:

Archived