• Win Rinaldo
    • Draw
  2. 2. Bourdon at Ellis

• Win Ellis
    • WIn Bourdon
    • Draw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40gHYBf_xWA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4irv6C5WK_E

I just don't have the energy for this one.

Tropp looked great throwing lefts in his debut on Fight Night. I counted 7 shots that connected, about as many as the Sabres put on net in the 2nd and 3rd periods combined. :wallbash: Big win for Tropp.

Kudos to Ellis for making Bourdon answer for the hit from behind. Ellis got his shots in but Bourdon got more and better shots in. Win Bourdon.

Just listen to that crowd in the Tropp fight. You rarely hear that kind of emotion during the ebb and flow of a game. Outstanding. That incident between Lucic and Miller and the lack of response was a watershed moment for this team and its fans and I think the fans have let Buffaloes management know loud and clear that we don't want a team that isn't willing or able to stand up for one another and tune in an opposing player or team when required. Toughness is a requirement to winning in a tough league. Toughness and the ability to play tough. Not one heavyweight but toughness sprinkled throughout the lineup. Our young callups appear to bring that.

Matt Ellis is the Rudy of this team. "I wish all my players had half the heart..."

My only issue with Ellis (ok I have many) is why hasn't he done this before? Dude is two farts away from the AHL. He doesn't think he should drop his gloves a little more often? Does he think he is Mouse "I'm not here to fight" Potatoes?

My only issue with Ellis (ok I have many) is why hasn't he done this before? Dude is two farts away from the AHL. He doesn't think he should drop his gloves a little more often? Does he think he is Mouse "I'm not here to fight" Potatoes?

Being a 'fighter' is a commitment. I heard Ray talking about how his coach came up to him at some point in juniors and was like, ok, if you want to play in the NHL full time, you will only be able to do it as a fighter, and he had to make that decision. I know you're not talking about him being an enforcer, but maybe Ellis just isn't that committed to being a full time NHLer to make the move to even a part time fighter.

I realize the point of it, but that Tropp fight looks pretty lame at the start where they're both holding each other and unbuttoning the chin straps. For me, it kind of kills the spontaneity a bit. So what happens if one guy has a hard time with the chin strap than the other guy, does the one guy have to sit and wait while he struggles with it?

I realize the point of it, but that Tropp fight looks pretty lame at the start where they're both holding each other and unbuttoning the chin straps. For me, it kind of kills the spontaneity a bit. So what happens if one guy has a hard time with the chin strap than the other guy, does the one guy have to sit and wait while he struggles with it?

the ref should say 1-2-3-GO!!!

I wonder if Rinaldo knew Tropp was a southpaw.

I would hope so. They fought in the A last season.

ETA- It just occurred to me that we now have three guys that can throw southpaw. Kassian, McCormick, and Tropp.

Archived