Lindy Ruff - on the hot seat?

SDS

Right, but they thought they were getting a borderline superstar center who could take over games. Go ahead and read some Ranger forums, there's a lot of fans disappointed with him right now and they still cite consistent scoring as their #1 weakness. If you take him off the team, they're obviously not #1 overall, but with Gaborik's bounce-back season and the growth of young studs like Stepan and McDonagh and their lockdown D, they still may be leading their division.

Edit: I guess what I'm trying to say is there's no magic bullet for a struggling team. Adding a #1 center by itself didn't take them from #8 in the East to #1 in the entire league. Relating to the Sabres, if we had landed Richards instead of Leino, exactly how much better do you think we'd be right now? Better sure, but top in the division? League? Playoff team?

Actually, my position has been, and still is, that until the coach is ousted, we will never know what any new players, or indeed the current ones, can accomplish under a stronger and more qualified coaching/management team.

if and when TP decides to fire Ruff and Regier, or they somehow ride off into the sunset together (hand in hand ), I'd like to see a new GM and coach from OUTSIDE the Sabres system. And none of these old cronies either! Fact is, we have a rotten system. Buffalo has always been known for their bungling management. We need fresh, agressive management to run this outfit and a fresh new personality for this organization, who can't seem to understand its own identity. As Robert Kraft made all the difference for the Patriots, TP has got to be the difference maker for this organization.

if and when TP decides to fire Ruff and Regier, or they somehow ride off into the sunset together (hand in hand ), I'd like to see a new GM and coach from OUTSIDE the Sabres system. And none of these old cronies either! Fact is, we have a rotten system. Buffalo has always been known for their bungling management. We need fresh, agressive management to run this outfit and a fresh new personality for this organization, who can't seem to understand its own identity. As Robert Kraft made all the difference for the Patriots, TP has got to be the difference maker for this organization.

I agree also. Why is it when people bring up names for new management personal its always ex Sabres? Obviously you'd like to put people in place that have cup winning experience whether as players or coaches and management. That being said I do like the thought of Dudley in some capacity. :P

When it comes time to replace (hopefully much sooner than later) I want the most qualified people available. I don't care if they are former Sabres, Canadians, or Russians; if the come from the AHL, college or international hockey*. I want someone with fresh ideas behind the bench and who will work well with the GM, and the GM needs to be cap savvy and a good, objective judge of talent who is not afraid to cut bait on his mistakes.

(*just no Bruins, Flyers or Leafs, please.)

When it comes time to replace (hopefully much sooner than later) I want the most qualified people available. I don't care if they are former Sabres, Canadians, or Russians; if the come from the AHL, college or international hockey*. I want someone with fresh ideas behind the bench and who will work well with the GM, and the GM needs to be cap savvy and a good, objective judge of talent who is not afraid to cut bait on his mistakes.

At this point I'd settle for anyone. Honestly. Darcy ineptitude is befuddling

At this point I'd settle for anyone. Honestly. Darcy ineptitude is befuddling

I probably would too. It would just be tough getting used to looking to a guy from one of those organizations to help clean up our mess.

I probably would too. It would just be tough getting used to looking to a guy from one of those organizations to help clean up our mess.

This would be a great place to walk in. Blame everything on Darcy (not a tough sell). Put the "Open for Business....Huge blow out Sale" signs up.

Start over with a owner willing to spend crazy money.

This would be a great place to walk in. Blame everything on Darcy (not a tough sell). Put the "Open for Business....Huge blow out Sale" signs up.

Start over with a owner willing to spend crazy money.

True. Some good young talent coming up, high pick in the draft, some pieces that could get some good young players and/or high picks in return...plus Daddy Warbucks ready to spend, spend, spend as soon as you open up some cap space.

IMO, the GM would not have to be cap savvy, so long as someone at the executive level is.

Haven't been able to post much due to some health issues. But it is time to blow it up.

It starts on top.

GM - Rick Dudley - This isn't a reach at all. It is a low-risk, competent move.

Coach - Mike Sullivan - young - 40's - playing experience - coaching experience - pre-and post lockout with the Bruins.

currently on Torts staff in New York.

Also time to shuffle the parts. Nobody on this roster should be particularly comfortable. Time to sell, clear cap, and do a thorough rebuild creating a team that is deep down the middle.

Haven't been able to post much due to some health issues. But it is time to blow it up.

It starts on top.

Coach - Mike Sullivan - young - 40's - playing experience - coaching experience - pre-and post lockout with the Bruins.

Also time to shuffle the parts. Nobody on this roster should be particularly comfortable. Time to sell, clear cap, and do a thorough rebuild creating a team that is deep down the middle.

Welcome back. Missed you.

I hope and pray that all is well with you and you have a full and complete recovery. Now rest ... the stress of the Sabres will hamper your recovery.

It starts on top.

You can't fool me......I know this has to be a family member and X. is in Shady Acres right now. Blow it all up???

Wow! Welcome back. Hope all is well.

It starts on top.

I'm new here so I don't know you, but I certainly hope all is well.

I'd love Rick Dudley. While I think there are other possibilities (high level guys in good organizations), I don't know any by name.

Not interested in Sullivan. I believe he's their special teams coach, and if you watch some Rangers power plays, it's pretty atrocious. I'm sure he'd bring a tougher, more physical game to the Sabres...but I'm not sure he's a guy I'd want to rely on in the playoffs to break down game film and find ways to exploit weaknesses in teams. But who knows, maybe he just needs his own gig to shine.

It starts on top.

Very good to see you here again, XB, although I wish the team's circumstances were better.

Your analysis is spot on as always.

Get well soon. If it would help, I would gladly dispatch a few of the younger and more loquacious posters here to your doorstep to transcribe your posts.

Very good to see you here again, XB, although I wish the team's circumstances were better.

Your analysis is spot on as always.

Get well soon. If it would help, I would gladly dispatch a few of the younger and more loquacious posters here to your doorstep to transcribe your posts.

Loquacious? Oh my. You are making me all tingly with the ostentatious elucidation.

It starts on top.

Great suggestions as usual. Welcome back to the board! Lots of activity here lately.

I'm new here so I don't know you, but I certainly hope all is well.

I'd love Rick Dudley. While I think there are other possibilities (high level guys in good organizations), I don't know any by name.

Not interested in Sullivan. I believe he's their special teams coach, and if you watch some Rangers power plays, it's pretty atrocious. I'm sure he'd bring a tougher, more physical game to the Sabres...but I'm not sure he's a guy I'd want to rely on in the playoffs to break down game film and find ways to exploit weaknesses in teams. But who knows, maybe he just needs his own gig to shine.

Thanks everybody....I'm doing just fine. :thumbsup:

Sullivan is in charge of the D pairings and the penalty kill (if I'm not mistaken). He was middle talent center that survived on smarts. He surrounded Andrew Raycroft with a simple D and straight forward approach that made him look like Dominic Hasek in Providence and Boston pre-lockout.

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a head coaching gig since. I recall he was once asked what his coaching philosophy was when he was hired in his 30's.

His reply was "The best teams never beat themselves."

Mike Sullivan. I wanted to bring a name to the table. He's the best available IMO.

Archived