Lindy Ruff - on the hot seat?

SDS

How long will this fallicy continue to be propagated. "The poor guy has no talent." "Darcy sucks and gives poor Lindy nothing to work with." I hear from the locals and the national tools that " he is extremely well respected around the NHL" If the Sabres' let him go "he'd be signed in a minute" So, if Darcy is dealing him no talent, why does this guy stay? He loves Buffalo? He can raise his family their entire life in Clarence, NY. He'd' turn down a chance to make more money and a chance to win a cup because he can get a job anywhere in the NHL? And would demand huge dollars in a bidding war? "He can coach a team to a cup if he only had talent?" His motivational stuff ran out long ago, and he's NOT a great x's and o's coach. And, joined with DR at the hip for 15 years makes him part of what has built this gem. It is both their vision, and it got us where we are. Sh*t runs down hill.

These two clowns are a packaged deal and MUST leave together! Unfortunately, Pegula the fan will take time to become a disenchanted owner who is no longer snowed by Darcy's shtick.

Agreed with all but your last statement. I for one am not convinced that Terry will EVER see things differently than he did upon buying the team. Fanboys are hard to crack. Much unlike Humpty Dumpty.... :ph34r:

How long will this fallicy continue to be propagated. "The poor guy has no talent." "Darcy sucks and gives poor Lindy nothing to work with." I hear from the locals and the national tools that " he is extremely well respected around the NHL" If the Sabres' let him go "he'd be signed in a minute" So, if Darcy is dealing him no talent, why does this guy stay? He loves Buffalo? He can raise his family their entire life in Clarence, NY. He'd' turn down a chance to make more money and a chance to win a cup, because I'm told he can get a job anywhere in the NHL? And would demand huge dollars in a bidding war? "He can coach a team to a cup if he only had talent?" His motivational stuff ran out long ago, and he's NOT a great x's and o's coach. And, joined with DR at the hip for 15 years makes him part of what has built this gem. It is both their vision, and it got us where we are. Sh*t runs down hill.

These two clowns are a packaged deal and MUST leave together! Unfortunately, Pegula the fan will take time to become a disenchanted owner who is no longer snowed by Darcy's shtick.

I can't disagree more with just about everything in this post.

I can't disagree more with just about everything in this post.

Whatever. Like all the stuff in here, time will tell, but there are a lot of coaches in this league who have achieved real success. So the national and local media don't tell us how respected he is? Fans on this board don't tell us he's a great coach and Darcy doesn't give him the talent. Come on, you follow the news.

Whatever. Like all the stuff in here, time will tell, but there are a lot of coaches in this league who have achieved real success. So the national and local media don't tell us how respected he is? Fans on this board don't tell us he's a great coach and Darcy doesn't give him the talent. Come on, you follow the news.

######. We're just sick of the same damned conversation over and over.

How long will this fallicy continue to be propagated. "The poor guy has no talent." "Darcy sucks and gives poor Lindy nothing to work with." I hear from the locals and the national tools that " he is extremely well respected around the NHL" If the Sabres' let him go "he'd be signed in a minute" So, if Darcy is dealing him no talent, why does this guy stay? He loves Buffalo? He can raise his family their entire life in Clarence, NY. He'd' turn down a chance to make more money and a chance to win a cup, because I'm told he can get a job anywhere in the NHL? And would demand huge dollars in a bidding war? "He can coach a team to a cup if he only had talent?" His motivational stuff ran out long ago, and he's NOT a great x's and o's coach. And, joined with DR at the hip for 15 years makes him part of what has built this gem. It is both their vision, and it got us where we are. Sh*t runs down hill.

Do you really not believe that Lindy would find a new head coaching job in the NHL rather quickly if he were fired in Buffalo? I highly doubt you do.

Do you really not believe that Lindy would find a new head coaching job in the NHL rather quickly if he were fired in Buffalo? I highly doubt you do.

I really believe that he would find a job, but thinking that there would be some mad rush or a bidding war, I don't believe for 1 minute. Is there some great demand for a coach that has failed to get his team to the playoffs 6 out of the last 10 years, and that would of been 7 if Enroth didn't stand on his head down the stretch last season. BTW Enroth is now being treated like he's Patrick Lalime., whom also was never given a chance to perform well being played once once a month or less. Lindy should of been let go 4 years ago and he probably would of been let go of by now from what ever team made the mistake of hiring him then.

I really believe that he would find a job, but thinking that there would be some mad rush or a bidding war, I don't believe for 1 minute. Is there some great demand for a coach that has failed to get his team to the playoffs 6 out of the last 10 years, and that would of been 7 if Enroth didn't stand on his head down the stretch last season. BTW Enroth is now being treated like he's Patrick Lalime., whom also was never given a chance to perform well being played once once a month or less. Lindy should of been let go 4 years ago and he probably would of been let go of by now from what ever team made the mistake of hiring him then.

That part wa sarcasm, I don't either.

I'm a loyal fan and like LIndy Ruff and think he's a good coach. With that said, however, clearly it is time for a change.

An interesting point the "longest tenured" coaches seem to have in common, Jerry Sloan, Jeff Fisher, etc, is they never seemed to win the big one. The most successful coaches, Bellijerk, Coughlin, Jackson, Bowman, etc, won in different places than they started. The Sabres need a change and I think Lindy and Darcy need a change to.

My guess is they are both gone during the summer. Clear cap space at the deadline, if possible, decide your core, let a new coaching/GM staff begin anew this summer.

Darcy and Lindy have both been here next to forever. Could have excused playoff failures of the last few years on Golisano's cheapness - but Terry came in and gave those two a blank check to build a winning team.

What happens? The team takes a nose-dive. So far the worst year of Ruff's coaching tenure with the team

But who knows? Fans in NY wanted Tom Coughlin to go in fall of 2010 - a year later, he coaches a Super Bowl win. We probably couldn't find a Giants fan now who wants to see Coughlin fired. :)

Despite the frustration of this year, I'm inclined to give Lindy another year - but get rid of Stafford and Roy, please.

Darcy and Lindy have both been here next to forever. Could have excused playoff failures of the last few years on Golisano's cheapness - but Terry came in and gave those two a blank check to build a winning team.

What happens? The team takes a nose-dive. So far the worst year of Ruff's coaching tenure with the team

But who knows? Fans in NY wanted Tom Coughlin to go in fall of 2010 - a year later, he coaches a Super Bowl win. We probably couldn't find a Giants fan now who wants to see Coughlin fired. :)

Despite the frustration of this year, I'm inclined to give Lindy another year - but get rid of Stafford and Roy, please.

Not me. I've seen enough of the horrible line changes, constant line shuffling, inability to get a goalie rotation that makes a shred of sense, a complete inability to run a competent powerplay, and retarded excuses year after year. Ruff has now become a large part of the problem.

<p>

Right, read it again. Of course I do. That's the point. He can move on if he thinks Darcy is dealing him a bum team. Unless he buys into the make-up of said team. Hence, he has to be on board with the team composition, I can't blame it all on Darcy. That's why I feel they both have to go. The whole point is that I think Ruff IS involved on player acquistion and decisions. And those decisions have been%2

This is all in the past 10 years after the Hasek era ended here in Buffalo.

-only 4 times in the past 10 years have there been playoffs

-only 2 division winners

-only 2 times past the 1st round

-2 out of the 4 playoff times has his higher seeded team lost to lower seed

-7 times has his teams finished 3rd or worse in their own division

-only 3 times has the team achieved 100pts

-only has a winning percentage of 56%

seems to have alienated some players. I didn't look up the pk/pp numbers during his time, but I know they are middle of the pack

how he has lasted 14 years is beyond me.

It's time....Let's get real everyone!!!!!! This team doesn't have elite talent (i.e. Malkin or Ovie type players)....Furthermore, it doesn't have the grit necessary to win......It reminds me a lot of the Sabres of the mid-'80's (no elite talent/ no identity - Lindy was a Captain of a few of those squads)....Start the overhaul - it is a year overdue!

Got

to

go.

Its just time for a change at both the G.M. position and at coach. These two have had 15 years. One third of my life I've watched these two and I've seen 1 or 2 decent years. Nothing spectacular since they never won. Second place doesn't cut it in my world and now we're nearing last place. Losers the both of them. The thought of a 1 or 2, hell even 3 year retool to be competitive again doesn't turn my stomach because whats the alternative? More of the same shite I've endured for 15 years.

Decade of the '80's

387-303-110 or .484 winning percentage

Missed the playoffs twice and never made it out of the 1st round.

Saw at least 4 coaches (if you include partial coaches under Bowman) and 2 GM's.

Last 10 seasons

396-298-89 or .506 winning pecentage

Are set to miss the playoffs for the 6th time in the last 10 years.

1 coach, 1 GM.

Archived