Lindy Ruff - on the hot seat?

SDS

Sure worked well for the first 10 years he was doin' it.

Whoa--you're right. I had no idea that he took over the GM role immediately.

Then again, he played the game, which makes him a little more knowledgable than most other owners.

I don't recall Mr. Wilson ever playing any professional sports. However, I am sure he is very knowledgeable.

He was one heck of a tennis player. He also was a big horse owner for a few years. He turned down the most amount of money ever at auction one time for a yearling of his. That's why I laugh when people say he doesn't care. He's a competitive sob.

He was one heck of a tennis player. He also was a big horse owner for a few years. He turned down the most amount of money ever at auction one time for a yearling of his. That's why I laugh when people say he doesn't care. He's a competitive sob.

I recall a link to an article here a few years back about the Knox brothers. Pretty interesting read. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1071053/index.htm

But I happen to know that one very key decision (Briere) was made over Ruff's strenuous objection. So I can't really think that he has a ton of say in personnel decisions. I'm sure he has some say. I think there's more detail/analysis of this upthread.

Yeah, and we all heard what he had to say to the media about whether that Briere decision, accompanied by the Drury fiasco, colored his decision to stay here as head coach. That was the day Lindy should have manned up and quit this bicth.

Archived