Lindy Ruff - on the hot seat?

SDS

Another great game plan from Buffalo's #1 Citrizen

Bench McNabb to start MAG?

Start Miller who was clearly not ready to play.

I watch the Pens alot living in their market. I haven't seen a team less prepared to play them in a few years.

Who's Linda gonna blame it on tonight?

Cant wait for the excuses.

Randy Carlyle.....

Lindy (13 seasons)= No stanley Cups, 1/3 in conference championships, 8/12 playoff births.

Carlye (6.25 seasons)= 1 Stanley Cup, 1/2 in conference championships,5/6 in playoff births.

Sounds like an improvement to me. But I doubt Pegula/Darcy has the balls to pull it off.

Lindy (13 seasons)= No stanley Cups, 1/3 in conference championships, 8/12 playoff births.

Carlye (6.25 seasons)= 1 Stanley Cup, 1/2 in conference championships,5/6 in playoff births.

Sounds like an improvement to me. But I doubt Pegula/Darcy has the balls to pull it off.

Of course, Carlyle had Pronger, Niedermayer, Getzlaf and Perry, each of whom is a significantly better player than ANY skater that Lindy's ever had (and one could arguably include Ryan in that list as well).

Of course, Carlyle had Pronger, Niedermayer, Getzlaf and Perry, each of whom is a significantly better player than ANY skater that Lindy's ever had (and one could arguably include Ryan in that list as well).

Lindy? Getzlaf Perry and Ryan all better than any player on the Sabres that year. Drury? Briere? Miller?

actually, I am of the opinion that Pegs should can Darcy. Hire a competent GM and let HIM fire Lindy if he things (duh!) that is what is necessary. Then the GM makes a couple of moves to rid the team of a few floaters...

This.

As the Talking Heads would say, stop making sense.

Lindy? Getzlaf Perry and Ryan all better than any player on the Sabres that year. Drury? Briere? Miller?

Miller isn't a skater. And I've never seen a goalie pulled twice in one game.

Even if Ruff had those players, he wouldn't know what to do with them.

I think Ruff is technically a very good coach and should be given the benefit of the doubt. From what I've seen we are having a problem burying the chances we are getting. The players need to work on shooting the puck in all situations. IMHO.

Why? This is the same team every year with pretty much the same players with the same results. I'm normally patient but it's time for front office changes.

IMO as long as the Sabres are in a playoff position, Lindy will stay. Once they fall from the top 8, he'll be gone. With Montreal tanking - firing Martin - I'm looking at Tampa Bay and wondering how they can be that bad, and if Boucher is on the same 'hot seat'. I don't mind if Lindy stays, but it's time for some serious benching of players - Roy, Stafford, MAG.

All I want for Christmas ...

I had always supported Lindy and have started wavering last season but thought at the start maybe we were ok. But based on the play at HOME and terrible overall ability to create pressure etc its time for a system change. A good coach adapts to the players they have. Its time for the Darcy and Lindy show in Buffalo to END and end soon. Maybe Terry and Ted are waiting till after the holidays but a major shakeup is needed to show that your serious about being a contender not just a playoff pretender

Even if Ruff had those players, he wouldn't know what to do with them.

This is 100% correct, IMO.

I'm tired of hearing about what Lindy can't accomplish because of what he doesn't have when he get's so little out of what he does have. Lindy Ruff's reputation is based on Hasek, Miller's one good year and two years after the lockout. The rest of his tenure has been a failure.

I'm tired of hearing about what Lindy can't accomplish because of what he doesn't have when he get's so little out of what he does have. Lindy Ruff reputation is based on Hasek, Miller's one good year and two years after the lockout. The rest of his tenure has been a failure.

It is funny how Ruff had his glory years came when he had the best goalie of all time, and the deepest talent at forward since the french connection years with Vanek and Roy on the third line. Players make all the difference.

That being said, the "system" that LR and DR preach seems to be second best to every other team we face when I watch the games. This very well could be a result of the players on the ice and their lack of effort, but results point to the system itself. Previous posters have pointed out the dump and wholesale changes (only team I have seen consistently do this in the NHL), constant green light for the defense joining the rush regardless of game situation leading to an unnecessary amount of odd-man rushes, and worst of all, the tendency for physicality to be downplayed/discouraged by LR.

That's my case for why change needs to come...

Another great game plan from Buffalo's #1 Citrizen

Bench McNabb to start MAG?

Start Miller who was clearly not ready to play.

I watch the Pens alot living in their market. I haven't seen a team less prepared to play them in a few years.

Who's Linda gonna blame it on tonight?

Cant wait for the excuses.

Big question is why was Miller not ready to play? It's his job to be ready and he's well paid for it.

I'm tired of hearing about what Lindy can't accomplish because of what he doesn't have when he get's so little out of what he does have. Lindy Ruff reputation is based on Hasek, Miller's one good year and two years after the lockout. The rest of his tenure has been a failure.

This,

DeLuca67 dropping some truth bombs all over this board!

Especially given TPegs comment following the last game regarding if the team thinks that effort is acceptable, they got another thing comin'

It doesn't matter what Pegula says unless it leads to action. If the effort is "unacceptable" than Pegula needs to send a significant message to the team and the fans. Quotes and sound bites are meaningless at this point.

It doesn't matter what Pegula says unless it leads to action. If the effort is "unacceptable" than Pegula needs to send a significant message to the team and the fans. Quotes and sound bites are meaningless at this point.

I agree totally, but TPegs breaking the silence in the media at least give me hope that he is considering change. Hope is all I have right now...

Archived