GDT: Sabres at Senators 11/5/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

I don't know about a must win, but it'd be a nice one. Ottawa started this year looking like they may never win again. They went on a tear and have as many as the Sabres now. I'd like to see the Sabres carry on from last nite, get a few more bounces and roll. I'd like/expect to see the lines remain intact from last nite too. Most importantly, I hope Miller is sharp. It will get really ugly if not.

Lol I wont. I was too busy refuting the Idea that Miller would have lost the game last night and that Enroth outplayed Karlsson who was literally under siege all night.

Enroth did not out play Karlsson and Miller probably would have won that game too, given the limited number of quality scoring chances they had.

Now go trade chz

I'm still waiting for the Sabres to explode on offense, and tonight could be the night. Their season high for goals in a game is 4(three times including the two Euro games), and have only scored 6 goals in their last 3 games(all at home).

Buffalo 6 Ottawa 1

All this talk is giving me a complex. So much so I looked through all of last years GDT's I started to see what my record was.

Who's Hot: Thomas Vanek was held without a point for only the second time this season on Friday. He leads the Sabres with 8 goals and 16 points. Jason Pominville, who has 5 goals and 15 points, was blanked for only the third time. ... Senators defenseman Filip Kuba has contributed 5 assists over the last four games.

All this talk is giving me a complex. So much so I looked through all of last years GDT's I started to see what my record was.

Who's Hot: Thomas Vanek was held without a point for only the second time this season on Friday. He leads the Sabres with 8 goals and 16 points. Jason Pominville, who has 5 goals and 15 points, was blanked for only the third time. ... Senators defenseman Filip Kuba has contributed 5 assists over the last four games.

And what was your record?

Weber got the short end of the stick. Gragnani, though he's been a lot better lately, played 4 atrocious games in a row after the euro trop and kept his roster spot... finally Weber gets tossed in for his first live action of the season against one of the best teams in the East and gets eaten alive. IIRC he was directly at fault for one of the goals but still, I'd like to see him get some consistent ice time so that he can acclimate and play the way he did last season. I'm a Lindy Ruff supporter (I think) but in my opinion that was a bad coaching decision. It also didn't help that Miller had a bad 6 minutes.

Random but related question: has anyone here ever been to a game in Ottawa? Or for that matter been to Ottawa at all? If so, I'd be interested to hear your impressions.

Also: Sabres win tonight, 4-2. Roy-Stafford-Leino continue to heat up and Adam-Vanek-Pommer also get on the board, as well as a defenseman.

Archived