GDT: Sabres at Senators 11/5/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

I mean, I know you guys have got to be right since you all seem to know so much more about hockey than me. For now I will just hope that all you smart people are wrong and that Enroth kicks ass.

If I have a horse in this race it's Enroth. That being said, what if fragile little Ryan throws a tizzy, gets traded then Jhonas comes back to Earth?

Why? If Miller can't handle it and will react negativly to it then ship his azz out of here. I don't want and i'm sure the team doesn't want a negative force in the room day in and day out. Miller has left that door open for a long time, it's only now that someone (Enroth) has taken advantage of it, he has deserved a lot more play time.

What if Enroth doesnt keep playing at this level after they ship Ryan's azz (as you would say) outtta here?

What happens if the Sabres get lit up tonight?

Miller is a pretty good fall back plan.

This is the call Ruff had to make. Ruff needed to send the message to team. Play well and you get the minutes. If Ryan Miller can be sat because Enroth is playing better than every player needs to be at the top of their game or they can end up in the press box.

For the love of God, what is with the character assassination on Miller?

Fragile? Immature? Throwing a tizzy fit? He hasn't had a negative word to say on the situation!

Seriously. I mean, I don't live in Buffalo so I don't have access to local media but I don't think he's acted nearly like what some are saying.

Miller is a pretty good fall back plan.

This is the call Ruff had to make. Ruff needed to send the message to team. Play well and you get the minutes. If Ryan Miller can be sat because Enroth is playing better than every player needs to be at the top of their game or they can end up in the press box.

YES YES YES. I'm a Miller apologist, and even I agree with this.

Seriously. I mean, I don't live in Buffalo so I don't have access to local media but I don't think he's acted nearly like what some are saying.

Well, the cracks started last year when Enroth was lites out. A couple of bad goals this season and then the Philly game. I don't think it strange that the fans and media have acted the way they have. What I do feel is odd is the lack of comment from the organ-I-zation. At least, I haven't heard anything. Seems to me they could kinda have his back. Dunno?

For all we know, this could have been the plan; Lindy apparently said he wanted to give Ethron a back-to-back.

Certainly I can't see how anyone would argue that he hasn't earned a second start.

In other news, I love Gare as the color man.

For all we know, this could have been the plan; Lindy apparently said he wanted to give Ethron a back-to-back.

Certainly I can't see how anyone would argue that he hasn't earned a second start.

I'm a fan of Gare as well. Not too sure how I feel about Sylvester though...

Very good. Nearly as insightful as Lorentz used to be.

Gare has been great as the color guy. Sylvester is OK as the play by play... not sure he's descriptive enough for the radio-only listeners though. Whoever takes over for Rick eventually is going to take some getting used to. For what it's worth I like Kevin's style over say Doc Emrick. :nana:

I like Sylvester but his voice seems a tad soft. Overall I think he is ok though.

I'm completely against the idea of Sylvester taking over permanently---- and I really hope it's not a possibility. He sounds like a minor league announcer--- above average for a minor leaguer, perhaps, but still minor league. Not strong enough and too much of that WNY accent.

Archived