GDT: Sabres at Senators 11/5/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

I liked the fact Lindy showed enough confidence in Boyes to have him shoot second in the shootout.

Liked it even more that he responded.

This is a guy that has struggled to find role on this team.

This was a situation that will help him do that.

Boyes and Gerbe have the potential of being a nice third line combo as the season moves on.

Fixed for my opinion.

Not Hecht? ;)

I too think Boyes-Gerbe is the making of a very good 3rd line. Dudacek -- not sure if you were being sarcastic, but I think Hecht would do pretty well centering those 2. Unfortunately, I'm starting to doubt that we'll see Hecht this year.

I too think Boyes-Gerbe is the making of a very good 3rd line. Dudacek -- not sure if you were being sarcastic, but I think Hecht would do pretty well centering those 2. Unfortunately, I'm starting to doubt that we'll see Hecht this year.

Was Hecht ever that good for Buffalo? The little I've seen of him hasn't been all that impressive. Some people can't wait for him to come back but I don't see where he fits when and if he does.

You haven't made any points. You say a lot of ###### that no one here feels like responding to because it's simply not worth it. You don't respect any other posters here, and you haven't bothered to try and earn it, so why do you expect any one to act any differently? You are a troll. Plain and simple. Whether it's intentional, or simply out of ignorance, I could care less. I've said it before and I'll say it again: You contribute nothing of value to this forum. Please kindly go away and come back when you feel like making mature posts that are deserving of mature responses. If you can't figure out how to do it, then by all means continue trolling until you are banned. It won't be long now.

Sounds like somebody is cranky, and can't handle the truth

I think a Hecht type player would do just fine. If you recall, I was predicting Hecht center the 3rd line back before the season started and said that I thought it would be a good spot for him to be successful. And I also doubt we see Hecht this year. And I'm starting to think it is probably in his best interest if he sits this one out.

Was Hecht ever that good for Buffalo? The little I've seen of him hasn't been all that impressive. Some people can't wait for him to come back but I don't see where he fits when and if he does.

05-06, 18g 42pts

06-07, 19g, 56pts

07-08, 22g, 49pts

09-10, 21g, 42pts

I'd be quite satisfied with a 3rd line center that ended the season with 40+pts.

I think a Hecht type player would do just fine. If you recall, I was predicting Hecht center the 3rd line back before the season started and said that I thought it would be a good spot for him to be successful. And I also doubt we see Hecht this year. And I'm starting to think it is probably in his best interest if he sits this one out.

05-06, 18g 42pts

06-07, 19g, 56pts

07-08, 22g, 49pts

09-10, 21g, 42pts

I'd be quite satisfied with a 3rd line center that ended the season with 40+pts.

Right on. Hecht is also the guy Lindy could've sent out at the end of the Florida game when he didn't want to blow a win at home.

05-06, 18g 42pts

06-07, 19g, 56pts

07-08, 22g, 49pts

09-10, 21g, 42pts

Not bad. I guess I'm just a little overly-protective of our little ball of hate. I don't see him as a third line winger. What kind of playmaking does it take in order for a kid to break onto our 1st or 2nd lines? Obviously he won't replace Vanek anytime soon... but I would think with all the hard work he has shown for the past year that he might have made it onto our second scoring line by now.... Ennis did.

Something I just noticed:

The sabres have only lost 1 game all season by more than 1 goal (@ Tampa)

The sabres are 4-4 in one goal games (not counting empty netters)

Just interesting.

Sabres are also 5th in GAA, 2nd in the East with 28.

NYR is 4th and 1st with 27.

Sabres are also 5th in GAA, 2nd in the East with 28.

NYR is 4th and 1st with 27.

Not sure where you are getting your numbers but according to NHL.com, the Sabres are 3rd in the league in GAA at 2.15, which is 1st in the East.

They have allowed 28 goals, tied for fewest in the East with Boston which has played one fewer game.

NYR are 8th in the league (and 4th in the East) in GAA at 2.42 allowing 29 goals in 12 games.

Edit: The mistake was mine. I was calculating GAA based on the numbers on the "Standings" page which adds shootout wins/losses as an extra goal for/against (which obviously should not go in the GAA calculation).

Grow up. All these replies prove my point correctly.

Dude! No one wants to hear you repeating the same insults over and over or congratulating yourself for allegedly being right.

Talk hockey (and do so thoughtfully), or keep quiet and listen. You might learn something.

@ nfreeman

I actually think a health Hecht would be a decent choice centring the third line between Gerbe and Boyes.

The wink was because I (incorrectly, apparently) didn't think Weave and others on the board would agree.

Well, I don't want to speak for weave, but I think a number of posters appreciate what Hecht brings to the table, even if he is well overpaid. His contract's almost up, too, so it's less aggravating than it was in previous years.

I think Gaustad will do reasonably well though.

Dude! No one wants to hear you repeating the same insults over and over or congratulating yourself for allegedly being right.

Talk hockey (and do so thoughtfully), or keep quiet and listen. You might learn something.

Well, I don't want to speak for weave, but I think a number of posters appreciate what Hecht brings to the table, even if he is well overpaid. His contract's almost up, too, so it's less aggravating than it was in previous years.

I think Gaustad will do reasonably well though.

My issue with Hecht had to do with $$'s and his performance when he was put in the top 6. And I suppose my problem should have been more with mgt (who thought he would be acceptable in that role). As a 3rd liner I think a healthy Jochen Hecht is nearly ideal.

Just curious, do you have an example of Miller throwing his teammates under the bus?
There have been nights when he's not owned up to saying he was the reason they lost but there have lots of noghts when he's said the team in front of him were to blame. A lot of "they" but not a lot of "me" nights.

Speak for yourself Ryan. I'd much rather hear him say "this one's on me" instead of pointing fingers.

Luongo does the same thing. Implying is just as bad imo. I bet the Flyers skaters wanted to pick up Bryz after his " I suck " comments.

I think Ryan needs to only speak about his game and let the coach speak about the whole team.

I don't think he endears himself to the boys whereas I have a feeling Enroth is more likely to do so.

Don't get me wrong though, everyone enjoys the win bit part of me thinks they enjoy winning for Enroth more, if that makes sense. Just a feeling I get.

And then this from the Buffalo News,' One player told The News on Saturday the Sabres are playing harder for Enroth than they have for Miller. '

plenty of times.

chief among others, we have the "fragile little kids" bit back in february 2010. talk about projection.

miller will pay occasional lip service to "it starts with me" or "we need to be better, that includes myself," but i think 2 out of 3 fans hear his comments in the aggregate the same way: he doesn't like to accept responsibility for goals and losses, at least not when speaking with the media. he talks an awful lot about the absence of backside support and a failure to play the system, but, when it comes to his own performance, he'll offer gems such as "pucks were finding their way around me" (or words to like effect, remember that one?).

i saw what rickshaw saw as well, and thought that vogl was taking a bit of shot there at miller (remember when miller ripped him a new one after the collapse against the islanders in february 2011?). that tidbit is buried at the end of the story; it appears out of the blue, given the headline and focus of the story (the return of roy and stafford to the score sheet). the unattributed observation is also quoted in a potentially misleading way. was the player saying "gee, you see how hard we play for jonas when he's in there; we need to play the same way for miller." quite possibly. or, as vogl seems to suggest, was the player suggesting that the players play harder for enroth because of some underlying preference for the fresh-faced, even-keeled youngster? unlikely - but the implication was left there to hang.

AMEN!!! :worthy: :thumbsup:

As for "you might learn something," personally speaking, I'm still trying to learn. Everyone else is better than me.

Something I just noticed:

The sabres have only lost 1 game all season by more than 1 goal (@ Tampa)

The sabres are 4-4 in one goal games (not counting empty netters)

Just interesting.

Number 6 in the NHL in gga at 2.15 and #1 in PK at 93.3%. With their goal-tending and defense they will be in a lot of close gamed.

Another stat to feel good about is the Sabres taking the 8th least amount of penalties (45) in the league.

The goalie situation will work itself out. Where the Sabres need to improve is on the offensive side. They need to find balance scoring. Stafford, Roy, Boyes, Leino and Ennis are being relied on to create offense. The Sabres won't get rolling until these players pick up the pace.

Archived