GDT: Sabres at Senators 11/5/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

You haven't made any points. You say a lot of ###### that no one here feels like responding to because it's simply not worth it. You don't respect any other posters here, and you haven't bothered to try and earn it, so why do you expect any one to act any differently? You are a troll. Plain and simple. Whether it's intentional, or simply out of ignorance, I could care less. I've said it before and I'll say it again: You contribute nothing of value to this forum. Please kindly go away and come back when you feel like making mature posts that are deserving of mature responses. If you can't figure out how to do it, then by all means continue trolling until you are banned. It won't be long now.

THIS! Plus the fact that there are regular contributors on this forum who are definitely older than I am and who have been fans of the team since its inception. I am extremely offended by that guy's total lack of respect toward these fine folks, and the fact that he's questioning their maturity makes me question his sanity and ability to make overall wise decisions. The rhetoric that he is showing reminds me of other past users like TheBrain, TheWhale, and NHL_opinion (sp?), and makes me wonder if they're all one and the same.

BTW, d4rksabre, BuffaloSoldier2010, and DeLuca67, I want to take this opportunity to apologize for my lack of respect toward you guys a couple of weeks ago. Granted, DeLuca and I are as opposite as night and day, but it does not excuse my condescending attitude. I went way over the top, especially when I said "Talk to the hand".

THIS! Plus the fact that there are regular contributors on this forum who are definitely older than I am and who have been fans of the team since its inception. I am extremely offended by that guy's total lack of respect toward these fine folks, and the fact that he's questioning their maturity makes me question his sanity and ability to make overall wise decisions. The rhetoric that he is showing reminds me of other past users like TheBrain, TheWhale, and NHL_opinion (sp?), and makes me wonder if they're all one and the same.

BTW, d4rksabre, BuffaloSoldier2010, and DeLuca67, I want to take this opportunity to apologize for my lack of respect toward you guys a couple of weeks ago. Granted, DeLuca and I are as opposite as night and day, but it does not excuse my condescending attitude. I went way over the top, especially when I said "Talk to the hand".

It's cool man. You're one of the personalities that makes this board unique. We can all get a little bent out of shape some times, it's human nature. It's a smart person who can realize when they've done so.

I know there is a way to block a particular poster from showing up in your thread view? how is this done, I can't seem to figure it out on my own.

1. Click on the dropdown box (1st down arrow) next to your handle in the upper right corner of the screen

2. Select Manage Ignored Users

3. ???

4. Profit

I know there is a way to block a particular poster from showing up in your thread view? how is this done, I can't seem to figure it out on my own.

Only way I have found:

• Copy the person's user name that you want to ignore to your clipboard.
  • Edit your own profile.
  • Click the tab on the left called "manage ignored users".
  • Paste user name.
  • Save settings.

I have both of the snowmen in there. Unfortunately you will still get a placeholder when they post with the option to show it even though you've ignored them. Overcome the urge to click this. Then just cross your fingers other people stop replying to them because then you'll see the post in their quote.

Blocking posters, it is a concept I have never agreed with. Of course, there are plenty of posters who won't be able to see this.

I see your point, I wouldn't block a poster I disagreed with, but this guy doesn't have enough substance to actually disagree with him. I'm looking at it more like blocking a spambot poster.

But alas, Since I respect you, and you're calling me to be better, I will unblock the yeti.

I, however, reserve the right to change my mind.

My few thoughts:

- Boyes has been looking much better lately.

- Leino isn't looking bad, but he's not that noticable most of the time. Time will tell on that one.

- Not so much in the Ottawa game, but Vanek and Pomminstein seem to be using their bodies a lot more this year. They're not throwing big hits, but they will pin someone on the wall to get the puck. Good to see.

- Sekera has seemed more physical this year too and is playing reasonably well.

- Sylvester isn't too bad.

Random but related question: has anyone here ever been to a game in Ottawa? Or for that matter been to Ottawa at all? If so, I'd be interested to hear your impressions.

Also: Sabres win tonight, 4-2. Roy-Stafford-Leino continue to heat up and Adam-Vanek-Pommer also get on the board, as well as a defenseman.

Yes. What impressions are you looking for? It's a nice facility but a crappy product. They serve good beer, though, so it's ok.

I liked the fact Lindy showed enough confidence in Boyes to have him shoot second in the shootout.

Liked it even more that he responded.

This is a guy that has struggled to find role on this team.

This was a situation that will help him do that.

Boyes and Gerbe have the potential of being a nice third line combo as the season moves on.

Archived