GDT: Flyers at Sabres 11/2/11 7:30PM

spndnchz

I'm more convinced than ever that despite his admirable efforts, Ellis just doesn't belong in the league. Great effort, few skills.

Uhm, some nights since Ellis got here, he's been "the best Sabre out there". That would leave no one to be the "best out there" on really bad nights.

I caught parts of each period, but never got an idea of the game flow. Unfortunately, one of those "parts" was the assault on Miller, which is on the team, but those goals, well, they're on him, too (one bad rebound from Miller and the other two, well, the REAL Miller would have had 'em).

Where did that guy go? Someone build a time machine to go back to the winter of 09-10. Stick those chumps with the imposter.

I've seen enough. We always wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait for a bridge. Wait for moving the zoo. Wait for a fluke football roster to come together.

WE HAVE SEEN ENOUGH. This team is what it is. The Sabres need to take BOLD steps. I don't see how success comes without sacrifices.

We have 71 hockey games left this season.

I've seen enough. We always wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait for a bridge. Wait for moving the zoo. Wait for a fluke football roster to come together.

WE HAVE SEEN ENOUGH. This team is what it is. The Sabres need to take BOLD steps. I don't see how success comes without sacrifices.

Fine trade miller to winnipeg (or other team that needs a goalie) and get 2 first round picks and then pray that Enroth doesnt implode. Use those picks (both) to draft the 2 best centers available... no more drafting the best player, need to stock up on good centers... we will not win a cup this or next season but if we draft high enough we can finally have a top center... :wallbash:

Uhm, some nights since Ellis got here, he's been "the best Sabre out there". That would leave no one to be the "best out there" on really bad nights.

Same thing. Let's get a kid from Roch to turn "no one" into someone, instead of Ellis, who always will be "no one."

JUST missed it, apparently; what did he say?

Busted on Miller for not owning up to the gloveside goals. Not the fat juicy rebound gloveside goal one. Said theat if he was Miller he would show some balls and own up to it. Then called out on Pommers hos non commital-dancing around the weak start issue. basically said. It shouldnt have to take your tender getting pulled to get your heads out of your collective ######.

He's probably smacking the help around.

Hey on an unrelated note is anyone here going to the RWS this weekend?

Better believe I'll be at the Ralph. The Bills are the ONLY reason why I could not give a crap about the Sabres losing right now. Bills have ALL the heart and the Sabres have none. Sabres will come around but until that happens, thanks for the Surprise season Bills!

Better believe I'll be at the Ralph. The Bills are the ONLY reason why I could not give a crap about the Sabres losing right now. Bills have ALL the heart and the Sabres have none. Sabres will come around so until that happens, thanks for the Surprise season Bills!

I can't wait its my first Bills game in RWS in years. Hopefully they dont get drubbed like that game last year at the Jets.

Better believe I'll be at the Ralph. The Bills are the ONLY reason why I could not give a crap about the Sabres losing right now. Bills have ALL the heart and the Sabres have none. Sabres will come around but until that happens, thanks for the Surprise season Bills!

This is curious. I'm not much of a football fan, but I've been paying attention to the Bills. Didn't the Bills come out of the gate this season showing a lot of heart? I mean, you can tell it when you see it, no? The heart the Bills have has evaded the Sabres for a long time now, IMHO.

Busted on Miller for not owning up to the gloveside goals. Not the fat juicy rebound gloveside goal one. Said theat if he was Miller he would show some balls and own up to it. Then called out on Pommers hos non commital-dancing around the weak start issue. basically said. It shouldnt have to take your tender getting pulled to get your heads out of your collective ######.

I have no problem with the first part; I'm guessing that the second part is in response to a statement by Poms that I hadn't heard, so I can't tell whether I like Hamsammich's opinion on that.

I'm not your buddy

I'm not your guy, pal.

Wear the white for the whiteout.....best game in over a decade for the Ralph.

I just got a new Kyle Williams home blue. No way. My only white is McGahee. Never.

I have no problem with the first part; I'm guessing that the second part is in response to a statement by Poms that I hadn't heard, so I can't tell whether I like Hamsammich's opinion on that.

I'm not your guy, pal.

I'm not your Pal, Chief.

Really? The sky's not falling but this team displays some serious mental errors. That falls on the coach. Since the coach is part of the team I respectfully disagree.

Mmm, well we're thinking the same way. I wasn't including Ruff in the team. I think the players are talented and have shown propensity to work hard. But I think Lindy has lost the fire. I think as he has gotten older, he expects that he should not have to yell and raise hell. He expects his players to work hard for him without having to hold their hands. But apparently players in the modern NHL can't do that. Apparently they need a coach to find ways to light fires under them night in and night out.

I think Lindy is a good coach who had run out of fire. He doesn't think he should need to hold his players hands. But he's going to have to. He's going to have to push them like a juniors coach until they either do it themselves or he gets fired because they stop responding.

Either way, we need to move on to the next game and see how this team comes out the gate. Either they move forward or they don't. It's too soon to tell where this team might go. I'm going to see how they respond. When I reach my sky is falling stage, you'll know.

I kinda thought none of the goals Miller gave up was really egregious. I also thought the Sabres and flyers both came out the exact same way as they did for game 7, which is highly disappointing.

Well the three that went in kind of overshadowed the 8 saves he made. ;)

Yanking Miller was the right move. Philly seemed to find something on the glove hand high coming down that left side. Miller has to correct that, plain and simple.

He will.

It's on him though. He had shooter.

Archived