GDT: Flyers at Sabres 11/2/11 7:30PM

spndnchz

Another one of Miller's classless interviews. Gotta love his condescending 'holier than thou' attitude. For once I'd like to hear him fess up and accept some blame for a change. How about instead 'Well the fans paid for the tickets they can do what they want.. ya know' he could say 'If I were a fan I would have booed my performance too'. Try and sound like you actually give a damn.

Much Agreed!! After being at that awful performance, you think the guy might show an ounce of Humility; instead we get a condescending assface remark basically showing nothing to the fans....Im over the miller bandwagon; there needs to be an open competition for a #1 goalie; just like there is for QB's in the NFL. He has not been playing to his paycheck and I was dealing with it until his interview on WGR; after hearing him talk; I lost much respect for Mr. Miller

Didn't you get the memo on Internet message board fan hysteria? Moderation and reason are frowned upon.

Crap. Sorry. Didn't mean to break the rules :oops:

So you think the Sabres roster is okay?

I think the Sabres roster is okay.

I'm not your buddy

, guy.

I'm not your chief, girlfriend.

I'm not your girlfriend, and I really need you to stop following me home.

Miller was worse than his team tonight. Down early and looked lime he was trying to elbow the shots away instead of gloving them. Big fat rebound on first goal. Down way too early on goals two and three and beaten in the identical spot.

He's clearly lost his confidence.

Meanwhile, Enroth looked cool as a cucumber.

Not a good homestand, just like last year's beginning.

Ruff needs to go!

Much Agreed!! After being at that awful performance, you think the guy might show an ounce of Humility; instead we get a condescending assface remark basically showing nothing to the fans....Im over the miller bandwagon; there needs to be an open competition for a #1 goalie; just like there is for QB's in the NFL. He has not been playing to his paycheck and I was dealing with it until his interview on WGR; after hearing him talk; I lost much respect for Mr. Miller

What's funny is after I posted that the guys on Versus were talking about goaltenders fessing up to their mistakes. So they replayed the interview with Bryzgalov after the Winnipeg game and he basically said the loss was his fault, he is supposed to stop shots no matter how the team is playing and apologized to the fans and his teammates for his performance. Then Brian on WGR pointed out the difference between Miller and Ryan Fitzpatrick after the Bengals game when came straight out and said he cost his team a win because of his mistakes with the 2 INT's he threw. Personally I realize goaltenders are going to have a bad night here and there, but I just don't like Miller's attitude. Granted I'm not in that locker room so I don't know what goes on in there, but someone like him has to bring the team down to an extent. I never see the rest of the players blaming him when he has a bad game like he does the rest of the team if they have a bad game. If he grew a pair I might be more accepting of his off nights if he gave us all the impression he actually tried.

Well the three that went in kind of overshadowed the 8 saves he made. ;)

Yanking Miller was the right move. Philly seemed to find something on the glove hand high coming down that left side. Miller has to correct that, plain and simple.

He will.

It's on him though. He had shooter.

It was definitely the right move to pull him. And he did have shooter on the Hartnell and JVR goals. But those are 2 good scoring NHL wingers who were allowed to tee it up and blast away unmolested (sorry, GoDD) from close to the faceoff dot. Both connected on lasers just inside the post or crossbar. As for the 1st goal, he gave up a fat rebound into the slot, but he was screened on the shot that resulted in the rebound.

I'll admit that all 3 were savable. As their putative star and leader, it would have been nice if he'd weathered the storm for them. It would also have been nice though if the Sabres had not been completely overwhelmed by the Philly forecheck AGAIN.

Who was it that said in another thread that Phillies aggressive forecheck would expose this teams weaknesses? Good call. The second and third were much better but by then it was pretty well done. Enroth was once again calm under fire. Maybe he just doesn't know any better.

Enroth is a interesting character to be sure. He seems so calm and at times bored but on some saves or when theres something that goes wrong you seem him and he gets this look of "well that was fun" and as soon as he does it its gone and he is refocused... There is more to him than I meets the eye, and i think its good thing.

Enroth could take over this team but again that time is not today.

Enroth is a interesting character to be sure. He seems so calm and at times bored but on some saves or when theres something that goes wrong you seem him and he gets this look of "well that was fun" and as soon as he does it its gone and he is refocused... There is more to him than I meets the eye, and i think its good thing.

Enroth could take over this team but again that time is not today.

I don't really follow. Could you try to explain what you mean?

I don't really follow. Could you try to explain what you mean?

For instance when he made the helmet-less save last year, he kinda rolled his eyes and got this look on his face of not disbelief but more like when something happens and you just take a breath and shrug it off... idk if this makes sense but I like him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nyAAuU14CQ

For instance when he made the helmet-less save last year, he kinda rolled his eyes and got this look on his face of not disbelief but more like when something happens and you just take a breath and shrug it off... idk if this makes sense but I like him.

I understand what you mean a little better. I like him too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nyAAuU14CQ

Where is THIS team? I haven't seen McCormick lay out someone like that yet this season. And they were on fire with Ethron in net. By his paddle, by golly. That's what I was expecting, or something like it. Not this weak-willed, effete bunch of spoiled brats.

I'm not so much a MILLER hater, but when your starting Goalie is in a slump (3 straight losses) and the backup is hot (10-0-01) you go with the hot Goalie. I don't believe that MILLER should be traded (yet), but I don't agree that he should be getting 3/4's of the starts while he's struggling. I do hate the way he never seems to accept responsibility, reminds me of TRENT EDWARDS. As far as LINDY RUFF goes, I believe that the SABRES will never win the Cup with him behind the bench. This team plays flat so often, he has no idea how to get a team motivated or get the most from his players.

No one wants to admit Enroth had a breeze of a game? The defense shut that zone down after Miller got pulled. Just saying, Miller may have played like sh!t but Enroth really didn't need to do much in the way of anything...

Regardless, he faced more than Miller and made some pretty key saves. He stepped into the hot seat against a brutal Philly offense,yes the D stepped up but like I said Enroth came in and did what a goalie is paid to do and that is stop the pucks.

Just because he didn't face many shots isn't reason to not give credit where credit is due. He controlled the rebounds, made some key glove saves and stopped a breakaway.

Miller had some horrific rebounds. The pucks where seriously being kicked out to the blue line. Last year Enroth had that problem with rebounds. This year I haven't seen it at all with him. He is really improving and showing the fans (and hopefully the coaching staff) what consistency looks like.

Archived