LabattBlue

My best guess...

10/22 @Tampa...Miller

10/25 Tampa...Enroth

10/27 Columbus...Miller

10/29 Florida...Miller

11/2 Philly...Miller

11/4 Calgary...Enroth

There are no back to back games in this stretch and 5 straight games at home. After the Calgary game, it will be 12 games played, 9 for Miller, 3 for Enroth.

[edited]Just fixed my math. Basic addition is a new concept to me. :oops:

My best guess...

10/22 @Tampa...Miller

10/25 Tampa...Enroth

10/27 Columbus...Miller

10/29 Florida...Miller

11/2 Philly...Miller

11/4 Calgary...Enroth

There are no back to back games in this stretch and 5 straight games at home. After the Calgary game, it will be 12 games played, 9 for Miller, 3 for Enroth.

[edited]Just fixed my math. Basic addition is a new concept to me. :oops:

10/22 @Tampa...Miller

10/25 Tampa...EnrothMiller

10/27 Columbus...MillerEnroth

10/29 Florida...Miller

11/2 Philly...Miller

11/4 Calgary...EnrothMiller

Seems like Columbus gives Miller trouble. I'd flip in Enroth there only...

10/22 @Tampa...enroth

10/25 Tampa...miller

10/27 Columbus...Miller

10/29 Florida...enroth

11/2 Philly...Miller

11/4 Calgary...miller

I think giving Miller 2 games for every Enroth game is a stretch. I'll be happy with 3 to 1 or 4 to 1, but not 2 to 1.

10/22 @Tampa...Miller

10/25 Tampa...EnrothMiller

10/27 Columbus...MillerEnroth

10/29 Florida...Miller

11/2 Philly...Miller

11/4 Calgary...EnrothMiller

Seems like Columbus gives Miller trouble. I'd flip in Enroth there only...

What he said. Except, 11/5 @OTT... Enroth plays one of 11/4 or 11/5.

Another way of looking at it: starting 10/20 @FLA, Miller gets 2 days rest, then 3, then 4, then 3, then 2 or 3.

I think giving Miller 2 games for every Enroth game is a stretch. I'll be happy with 3 to 1 or 4 to 1, but not 2 to 1.

If you give miller 2 of every 3 games, that's about 54 for Miller and 26 for Enroth out of 80. That's a pretty good ratio if you ask me. Any more for Miller and its no different than any other year.

These are always a tough call. There are a few different ways to look at it. Part of me thinks that since Columbus is probably the weakest team of the bunch, you'd play your back-up against them.. but then again, since they're such a bad team, why take the risk of playing your back-up when you can cement 2 points with your elite starter? (Of course, since Enroth has proven himself so capable, that point of view probably isn't really relative.)

Or you could say hey, back-to-backs with the Lightning, why give them the same look twice? Makes sense to throw Enroth in. Unless Miller shines again and shuts them out in the first match.. then why would you sit the hot hand when he's playing the same team he just shut out two days prior?

Then there's Florida, where you could say: Well, there's a tough Philly team coming in on the 2nd, so let Miller rest against Florida and be ready. Philly is a good measuring-stick to see where the team stands at ~10 games in. IMO you want Miller in that one.

I pretty much agree with LB's schedule though...

10/22 @Tampa...Miller

10/25 Tampa...Enroth

10/27 Columbus...Miller

10/29 Florida...Miller

11/2 Philly...Miller

11/4 Calgary...Enroth

Getting Enroth 20-25 games a year (which is the amount most people seem to be agreeing upon) means that he will play every 4 games or so assuming both are 100% healthy.

With the lack of back to back games in the list above, I don't think we'll see Enroth beyond the Columbus game. I think it makes sense to start him for the Ottawa game the day after Calgary.

If I'm right (and I'm usually not), this would give Enroth 3 games out of the first 13, which averages to Enroth playing every 4 games.

I guess what I'm trying to say is everything seems to be going according to plan at this point, especially considering the 5-6 day break after the Europe trip.

Getting Enroth 20-25 games a year (which is the amount most people seem to be agreeing upon) means that he will play every 4 games or so assuming both are 100% healthy.

With the lack of back to back games in the list above, I don't think we'll see Enroth beyond the Columbus game. I think it makes sense to start him for the Ottawa game the day after Calgary.

If I'm right (and I'm usually not), this would give Enroth 3 games out of the first 13, which averages to Enroth playing every 4 games.

I guess what I'm trying to say is everything seems to be going according to plan at this point, especially considering the 5-6 day break after the Europe trip.

Good post. I love your name.

10/22 @Tampa...Miller

10/25 Tampa...Enroth

10/27 Columbus...Miller

10/29 Florida...Miller

11/2 Philly...Miller

11/4 Calgary...Enroth

This. If Enroth plays well on Tuesday I'd even consider playing him vs Columbus and have Miller very well prepared for the next 3.....

I don't see the point in resting Miller for 7 days. Let him play both Tampa games and then give Enroth the Jackets game. No reason Miller can't play two games with 2 days rest in between.

Archived