GDT: Sabres at Panthers 10-20-11 7:30PM

spndnchz

Anyone want to lay down a quick recap of the new lines, or a link to the previous discussion? searching for a player name or the word "lines" isn't really productive.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/10/ennis-hoping-to-find-offense-with-sabres-new-lines.html

Ennis will skate alongside center Derek Roy and right wing Drew Stafford tonight when the Sabres visit the Florida Panthers. Ennis' former mates, center Ville Leino and right wing Brad Boyes, will have Cody McCormick on their left. Nathan Gerbe, who was with Roy and Stafford, is reuniting with his preseason line featuring center Paul Gaustad and right wing Patrick Kaleta.

Presenting Florida's Probable lines:—LW Tomas Fleischmann, C Stephen Weiss, RW Kris Versteeg (All have good hands, not overly strong in the corners, Weiss for the first time gets to play in a forecheck system All German names The Bundislina)—LW David Booth, C Tomas Kopecky, RW Scottie Upshall(Actually a pretty fast aggressive line, this line will make or break Florida's season, very susceptible to the counterattack because they get caught deep, and need more discipline The Over-skated my Dinner Line—LW Sean Bergenheim, C Marcel Goc, RW Jack SkilleAll these guys are former first rounders that haven't quite put it together...save for Bergenheim in the playoffs.The Dale Talon Reclamation Project. FOURTH LINE—LW Shawn Matthias, C Ryan Carter, RW Matt BradleyThe "C- rating on Angie's list for Part-Time Plumbers" line

I like your presenting of the lines, but Versteeg is not a German name, i think it is a dutch name.

A fine German name for an offensive line: "Die Angreifer"

A very fine name for a line with Rob Ray, Matthew Barnaby and Brad May would be "Die Zerstörer".

Ok i shut up, no more German lessons.

Sabres find their Ying and Yang 3:0

Vanek, Leino, Ennis ( Why, because i like them and Ennis and Leino really need to break out)

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/10/ennis-hoping-to-find-offense-with-sabres-new-lines.html

Ennis will skate alongside center Derek Roy and right wing Drew Stafford tonight when the Sabres visit the Florida Panthers. Ennis' former mates, center Ville Leino and right wing Brad Boyes, will have Cody McCormick on their left. Nathan Gerbe, who was with Roy and Stafford, is reuniting with his preseason line featuring center Paul Gaustad and right wing Patrick Kaleta.

So a net presence on every line. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Here goes Ruff overworking Enroth again...

lol

Lines:

26-72-29

Finally after years of griping and bitching the 7 million dollar man is producing like a 7 million dollar man should. Obviously this line is rolling but I would still like them to be a more dominant force for an entire game. Vanek is carrying this line on his back a little but I think that is good for him and he could have a career year with teams having to deal with a big aggressive center in Adam and a great 2-way player in pommers. Also remember that Adam will improve (most likely) as the season goes on.

63-9-21

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes Roy comes back to life. He has gotten a little better and a hair more noticeable each time out. and I think Stafford with his great shot and his decent physicality and Ennis with his mad play-making and skating ability will mesh well together but time shall tell.

42-28-36

The boys are back and town and I don't mean Brad. This line was good early and I think that actually centers around Gerbe and his infallible will to fight. I have always heard ppl say that guy or this guy is a player and if that means a hard working pain in the butt than Gerbe is that and more. I think his addition to this line will mean more scoring chances for goose and kaleta.

8-23-22

This island of misfit toys just added a toy that will kick your @ss if you don't show up... McCormick might just be the type of gritty steamroller Leino and more importantly Boyes need to find open ice and start shooting. Seriously Leino 3 shots? Boyes 7? Those need to be upped by 70%. McCormick will cause chaos and hopefully Boyes with his great shot and Leino with his crazy voodoo puck control skills will generate some offense.

Looks like Miller, Grags and the new lines we talked about yesterday for tonight.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/10/ennis-hoping-to-find-offense-with-sabres-new-lines.htmlEnnis will skate alongside center Derek Roy and right wing Drew Stafford tonight when the Sabres visit the Florida Panthers. Ennis' former mates, center Ville Leino and right wing Brad Boyes, will have Cody McCormick on their left. Nathan Gerbe, who was with Roy and Stafford, is reuniting with his preseason line featuring center Paul Gaustad and right wing Patrick Kaleta.

With the mix up of lines, do you guys think that we figure out some kinks?

Let me just say I really enjoy the opposition line rundown each game.

Me too. Keep 'em coming, please.

Either Weber really pissed off Lindy at some point in training camp, or Gragnani has some dirt on Lindy. :o

...or the Sabres are 4-1 and Lindy doesn't agree with the MAG witch-hunt that the mouse potatoes have launched.

Here goes Ruff overworking Enroth again...

Very nice.

I like your presenting of the lines, but Versteeg is not a German name, i think it is a dutch name.

A very fine name for a line with Rob Ray, Matthew Barnaby and Brad May would be "Die Zerstörer".

Vanek, Leino, Ennis ( Why, because i like them and Ennis and Leino really need to break out)

I <3 this. Yeah, I'm German.

Good stuff. :thumbsup:

I like your presenting of the lines, but Versteeg is not a German name, i think it is a dutch name.A fine German name for an offensive line: "Die Angreifer"A very fine name for a line with Rob Ray, Matthew Barnaby and Brad May would be "Die Zerstörer".Ok i shut up, no more German lessons.Sabres find their Ying and Yang 3:0Vanek, Leino, Ennis ( Why, because i like them and Ennis and Leino really need to break out)

This is awesome!

More ideas?!

I <3 this. Yeah, I'm German.

Same here! lol

Thanks. :)

I think the new lines are worth a try. Also, I am not surprised. With Leino replacing TC, and Ennis and Gerbe emerging last year, and Adam emerging this year, there were bound to be adjustments.

I would like to see Weber replace MAG, at least for a game or two. Early season is the time to experiment.

Miller deserves the start after Tuesday night. Enroth will be the Saturday Night Swede.

...or the Sabres are 4-1 and Lindy doesn't agree with the MAG witch-hunt that the mouse potatoes have launched.

No witch hunt. The Sabres give up 40+ shots on goal to an inferior team, Gragnani has been less than stellar in his own end, and is the guy who would be the first to take a seat in the press box from the blueline. Maybe too many people are buying into this "he is the best passer on the team" spin.

Are you also okay 5 games into the season, sending the prized F/A acquisition down to the 4th line(to play with a grinder and the forward most likely to go the Press Box when Hecht is healthy) even though they are off to a 4-1 start?

I would like to see Weber replace MAG, at least for a game or two. Early season is the time to experiment.

Experiment, schmeriment. Weber should be a fixture in the lineup. Grags should be battling Sekera for the third puck mover D-man. I like continuity and things that make sense ideologically, one of Weber, Regehr and Myers should be on the ice at all times minus the PP.

When I see pairings of Gragnani-Sekera or leopold-Ehrhoff, I feel uneasy.

Experiment, schmeriment. Weber should be a fixture in the lineup. Grags should be battling Sekera for the third puck mover D-man. I like continuity and things that make sense ideologically, one of Weber, Regehr and Myers should be on the ice at all times minus the PP.

When I see pairings of Gragnani-Sekera or leopold-Ehrhoff, I feel uneasy.

Only Weber can prove you right or wrong. A lot of life is an experiment.

Archived