GDT: Sabres at Panthers 10-20-11 7:30PM

spndnchz

Sabres at Panthers 10-20-11

7:30PM start

Who's hot: Vanek's game-winner in Montreal extended his points streak to five games (4-4-8). Jason Pominville is right behind him with six points (1-5-6). Sabres forward Luke Adam, who played for Dineen in the AHL, is tied for the NHL rookie lead in points with six. … Florida's Brian Campbell shares the NHL lead in assists with Erik Karlsson of the Senators with seven. Kris Versteeg also has seven points thanks in part to a pair of power-play goals in a four-point night against the Lightning. Stephen Weiss also had two goals and two assists that night.

I like it!

Ruff mentioned that Jhonas would be starting one of these next two games...do we also find out who is starting tonight after the morning skate, or has he already mentioned that?

Gotta go back to Miller I would think.

This is where we fix our problems and see what works.

We know what we can do to win, lets get the goals and figure out lines as well.

See who works well with who, find out player opinions...

ALSO, random side note...I read on Twitter that the Buffalo Sabres are interested in Tuomo Ruutu.

Only one Twitter source as of right now...

Obviously just a big fat rumor, but something worthy to also discuss...

Sorry if it has been posted elsewhere but do we know if Weber is getting in the game tonight?

I was wondering the same thing. I hope Weber starts, if for nothing else, maybe to light a fire under Gragnani.

Gotta go back to Miller I would think.

I would say you HAVE to stick with Miller. The man was possesed last game.

This is where we fix our problems and see what works.

We know what we can do to win, lets get the goals and figure out lines as well.

See who works well with who, find out player opinions...

ALSO, random side note...I read on Twitter that the Buffalo Sabres are interested in Tuomo Ruutu.

Personally I would rather have Bourque from Calgary. Maybe Darcy can fleece them again! I would be interested in either one however. They both got size, and a scoring touch.

Personally I would rather have Bourque from Calgary. Maybe Darcy can fleece them again! I would be interested in either one however. They both got size, and a scoring touch.

Exactly.

Both can get dirty and not afraid to drop the gloves once or twice.

Haha, I have to say I like your version better.

Thank You lol

:thumbsup:

But who are we giving up? Obviously Carolina isn't going to just take our scraps...Can he play Centre :D?

Possessed?

More like he had a bowl of "Kick, Save, Krunch" as well as his Wheaties!

It was the "OHHHH CALL A COP, HE ROBBED HIM BLIND!!" Type of Miller.

Kick save crunch. Didn't seem to catch on. They should have gone with some of the other suggested names.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/18102-millers-new-cereal/page__p__234588__hl__%2Bmiller+%2Bcereal__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=234588

Kick save crunch. Didn't seem to catch on. They should have gone with some of the other suggested names.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/18102-millers-new-cereal/page__p__234588__hl__%2Bmiller+%2Bcereal__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=234588

Wow! I know it was all jokes, but there seemed to be some potent anti-Miller sentiment in that thread.

Presenting Florida's Probable lines:

—LW Tomas Fleischmann, C Stephen Weiss, RW Kris Versteeg

(All have good hands, not overly strong in the corners, Weiss for the first time gets to play in a forecheck system All German names The Bundislina)

—LW David Booth, C Tomas Kopecky, RW Scottie Upshall

(Actually a pretty fast aggressive line, this line will make or break Florida's season, very susceptible to the counterattack because they get caught deep, and need more discipline The Over-skated my Dinner Line

—LW Sean Bergenheim, C Marcel Goc, RW Jack Skille

All these guys are former first rounders that haven't quite put it together...save for Bergenheim in the playoffs.

The Dale Talon Reclamation Project.

FOURTH LINE

—LW Shawn Matthias, C Ryan Carter, RW Matt Bradley

The "C- rating on Angie's list for Part-Time Plumbers" line

(All have good hands, not overly strong in the corners, Weiss for the first time gets to play in a forecheck system All German names The Bundislina)

(Actually a pretty fast aggressive line, this line will make or break Florida's season, very susceptible to the counterattack because they get caught deep, and need more discipline The Over-skated my Dinner Line

All these guys are former first rounders that haven't quite put it together...save for Bergenheim in the playoffs.

FOURTH LINE

The only 2 I recognize from last year are Booth & Weiss. Unless I missed one.

They certainly are different.

FOURTH LINE

Let me just say I really enjoy the opposition line rundown each game. The bolded descriptions are great...

Archived