GDT: Sabres at Panthers 10-20-11 7:30PM

spndnchz

Maybe our resident physical therapist can tell us what muscle would overcompensate for an injured or over-rehabilitated quadricep....as I am not qualified to discuss such an issue.

I'm not either but I'm sure lots of running is involved with rehab and would wear down a hamstring.

How's your salad?

Which brings me to my next point... I want MAG no wheres near the forecheck of Philly or Boston. He did do fine tonight but was florida forechecking hard and all over them like the pens or carolina or to a extent montreal? When MAG performs well against a team that is pounding you every shift and is always in your face, then I will indeed be happy and more comfortable with mr. gragnani.

Simple Math here:

Forecheck = Crappy MAG

No Forecheck = Good MAG

Remember that Weber is young, and makes mistakes when facing a strong forecheck as well. I want to see him play again, too. He was one of my favorite players by the end of last year, but I understand why Lindy has him in the press box.

Anyone think we'll still see Ethron on Saturday? :unsure:

I hope we see the Saturday Night Swede.

You got me. (Or, as my 11-yr-old would say, I got pwned.)

The rest of those games, other than Philly, are against the bottom dwellers (NOT "bottom feeders," btw, which means those that feed on the bottom dwellers and gets misused around here quite a bit).

You got what?

Doesn't that make almost every good team a bottom feeder? Or is it used to describe teams that almost exclusively beat bad teams, but aren't contenders?

The offensive numbers will even out ... Vanek and Pominville obviously will not keep up this pace, Roy and Ennis will get going ... at least they are cinsistently scoring 3 or 4 a night and not 6 one night and 1 the next.

The most important thing to me is they have been significantly better in their own end. Ten goals against in six games ... two while shorthanded, two off the rush while on the power play ... so SIX even strength goals in six games. Again, unsustainable pace, but such solid defensive play smooths out all the hot and cold streaks offensively.

Good post.

For all you ladies out there... Gaustad's ass at :27 sec.

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=-5&id=129548

Goose Goose.

Oh, so now guys can't enjoy Paul Gaustad's ass? Sexist.

Notes from last nights game:

-I love Thomas Vanek's play so far this season. We can't expect him to keep this pace of scoring up, but we can at least expect him to keep the intensity up.

-Leino had a good game, and I think I even saw him win a faceoff.

-More solid play from Miller. I'm not really sure if the Sabres should start him tomorrow night or Tuesday night...

-The Sabres were much more sound in their own end. Quite refreshing to see after that nightmare in Montreal.

-Robyn Regehr is a force, and rarely makes mistakes. I've been noticing it more and more as I watch the games.

-Nathan Gerbe shows up every night and plays with the most intensity of any Sabres forward. I find that I get excited every time he touches the puck. I can't wait to (hopefully) see him improve over this and the next two seasons.

My wife, a medical pro, says hamstrings are used for extension, which, in this case, is a forward skating motion. If there is compensation, it would probably be from the glutes. That, at least, is her best guess.

I thought McCormick really juiced up Leino and Boyes. That line was much more effective. Gaustad-Gerbe-Kaleta was as good as always. I didn't much like Roy-Stafford-Ennis. Since XB pointed it out, I noticed Roy's skating stride had a real hitch in it. I hate to say it but that doesn't bode well for him.

As for the goalies, I think Miller playing this well is a direct result of Enroth getting a game (and playing well). So I think we'll see Enroth in one of the next 2 games.

I would think being benched was the motivation for Leino and Boyes. Both played better but are far from where they need to be if this team is going to make a serious run.

The Sabres played a decent early season road game. I thought Florida played well, they just failed to bury their chances.

The Sabres played a decent early season road game. I thought Florida played well, they just failed to bury their chances.

Florida played well?? I think Miller could have played that game sitting on a chair, they took shots from distance most of the game and had nobody getting towards the net.

Florida played well?? I think Miller could have played that game sitting on a chair, they took shots from distance most of the game and had nobody getting towards the net.

That goes more to how well the Sabres played. Florida was the more physical team. The Panthers were able to enter the Sabres zone with speed on numerous occasions. They did take shots from the high slot and the face-off dots, they also had guys buzzing the net in case of juicy rebounds.

I'm not saying the Panthers were dominate or even played well enough that they deserved to win. I'm just pointing out that they did somethings well and were a tougher opponent than the 3-0 score would lead you to believe.

That goes more to how well the Sabres played. Florida was the more physical team. The Panthers were able to enter the Sabres zone with speed on numerous occasions. They did take shots from the high slot and the face-off dots, they also had guys buzzing the net in case of juicy rebounds.

I'm not saying the Panthers were dominate or even played well enough that they deserved to win. I'm just pointing out that they did somethings well and were a tougher opponent than the 3-0 score would lead you to believe.

Some of those juicy rebound were Miller kicking the puck to his wide open and unchallenged teammates, I guess Florida played tough, they did leave a lot of blood on the ice..... :beer:

I am curious as to why you would think Florida was the more physical team.

I watched the same game and didn't see Florida win a puck battle, I saw them chasing the play for long segments, I defineately didn't see them get to the front of the net, or keep Buffalo from getting to theirs. I saw a physically listless, tired team in Florida that could have lost 6-0. They lost the battle in all three zones.

I watched the same game and didn't see Florida win a puck battle, I saw them chasing the play for long segments, I defineately didn't see them get to the front of the net, or keep Buffalo from getting to theirs. I saw a physically listless, tired team in Florida that could have lost 6-0. They lost the battle in all three zones.

Yep.

To that point, the Buffalo game was Florida's 4th game in 6 nights... They were running on empty.

Archived