GDT Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh (10/15/2011)

Corp000085

Watched both weekend games after the fact on the Tivo. In the Pittsburgh game, Rob Ray praised Tyler Myers for "banging everything that moves".

I've really liked Tyler's game so far. He was pretty physical in that Philly series IMO and he seems to have carried that over to this year. He's going to be a beast if he continues using his size to his advantage.

Watched both weekend games after the fact on the Tivo. In the Pittsburgh game, Rob Ray praised Tyler Myers for "banging everything that moves".

Nice.

I've really liked Tyler's game so far. He was pretty physical in that Philly series IMO and he seems to have carried that over to this year. He's going to be a beast if he continues using his size to his advantage.

Read AQ's post again.

I mean why not? Young, tall, handsome, & wealthy professional athlete. ;-)
As long as we don't have another Travis Henry on our hands.

the second t-henry reference in a week's time on this board.

still, travis, even in his 'hey, could only have been described as a "young and wealthy professional athlete." and even "wealthy" was fleeting, at best.

I mean why not? Young, tall, handsome, & wealthy professional athlete. ;-)

hes big too... :rolleyes:

yep we just blew past creepy and headed straight in to weird.

As long as we don't have another Travis Henry on our hands.

Banging everything that moves is a far cry from impregnating everything that moves. There are still some puppies and kittens at Buffalo animal shelters that bear a striking resemblance...

I think this board definitely needs a new game day thread. Two whole days is about as long as it takes for the topic to go from hockey to 'who effin knows' :blink:

LOL the thought err. EHRHOFF police thrice....

I shall be playing the role of EHRHOFF spelling police this season.

Unfortunately, I have also been noticing some LIENO's as well. Gragnani is getting butchered here and there too.

And, the ultimate sin, Buffalo SABERS!

Yes.

Tied for #1: Crosby and Ovechkin

#3: Malkin

It's debatable and I'm sure someone will debate me on this, but yeah, I think that when healthy (key phrase there) these are the three best hockey players in the world and the stats generally prove this out.

So, where do you and Bullwinkle put everyone else?

Ovi and Cindy I can see being in the top 3...

How/where do you factor in the Sedins? Daniel was voted best in the league last year by the players themselves.

Where do you put Corey Perry and his Hart?

How about Lidstrom and his SEVEN Norris trophies in 19 seasons? One Norris shy of Orr? He's not in the top 3?

Datsyuk? Chara? Iginla, and his all around play on a generally mediocre team?

St. Louis has a Hart, Pearson, Lady Byng, and Art Ross?

There could be others considered, obviously. I just don't see anything from Malkin justifying him in the top 3. Sure, he has some good stats, but his overall game isn't on the level of two way players like Iginla or Datsyuk, and his influence on games isn't on the level of players like Cindy, Chara, or Lidstrom.

I shall be playing the role of EHRHOFF spelling police this season.

Unfortunately, I have also been noticing some LIENO's as well. Gragnani is getting butchered here and there too.

And, the ultimate sin, Buffalo SABERS!

Everyone knows it's spelled "Granimals" now.

Archived