GDT Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh (10/15/2011)

Corp000085

Nice to see Enroth get an early start and play well. There has to be GMs is this league that want this kid to be their #1.

Even without Malkin and Crosby, Pittsburgh is a very talented team. This is a really good early season win.

Mag didn't have a good game. Hope to see Weber in the lineup Tuesday in Montreal.

I wish the two games this weekend would have been reversed as far as home and away.

Leino is not off to a good start. 1 goal, 31% on face-offs and he has yet to be credited with a hit on the season.

Not being off to a good start is just a nice way of putting it. He's been pretty bad all season besides the opening game in Helsinki. I thought he was awful last night against Carolina and he was bad tonight too. 31% on faceoffs seems pretty great compared to his 1 for 7 effort tonight on faceoffs.

And he was the only forward tonight without a shot on goal.

Leino is not off to a good start. 1 goal, 31% on face-offs and he has yet to be credited with a hit on the season.

Agreed. I am less concerned about the lack of hitting, as I think we all knew what we were getting with Leino e.g. not very physical. But, the lack of scoring (both goals and assists) and the very low faceoff percentage is a bit concerning. I also don't like him on a line with Ennis. They both hold on to the puck and try to make a pass, and you can't have a line with two playmakers and a third guy who is marginal at scoring goals. I think Lindy needs to tweak the lines a bit and split Ennis and Leino.

You guys do realize this was the 4th game of the season, right?

Who cares? I don't see your point. The question was, who was OUR WORST player tonight? Discussion went from Gragnani to Leino. Nobody is talking about him being a long term problem or a bust signing. But he was bad tonight, and has been bad most of the season, which is exactly what the question was asking.

Who cares? I don't see your point. The question was, who was OUR WORST player tonight? Discussion went from Gragnani to Leino. Nobody is talking about him being a long term problem or a bust signing. But he was bad tonight, and has been bad most of the season, which is exactly what the question was asking.

If you ask me, that seems to be the implication. Leino isn't scoring right off the bat, let's whine about it. How about everyone chills and gives this new lineup some time to gel?

Also, "most of the season"? Most of four whole games? Most of 4.8% of the season? Give me a break.

If you ask me, that seems to be the implication. Leino isn't scoring right off the bat, let's whine about it. How about everyone chills and gives this new lineup some time to gel?

That's fair and i agree. And i also think Leino will do fine and the points will start coming soon. But again, he was bad tonight, and it has little to do with lack of scoring. Terrible at the faceoff circle and not doing a good job creating on offense are also problems. Again, the question was who was our worst player, Gragnani was named, as was Leino, and since he's a $6 million man, he was picked apart a bit more then Grags.

As for Gragnani, 4 games in or not, i highly doubt he plays in the 5th.

Archived