GDT Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh (10/15/2011)

Corp000085

I think the Boys were trying to hard last night to make things happen and it created more mistakes then anything else.......Tonight they picked there spots better and just played a much steadier game.......I wonder if they will be more comfortable on the road for the first part of the season......... :beer:

I really want to see weber in that face-washing people in our crease again. I wonder if we can afford to not suit up MAG....

MAG hasn't really done anything other than get outmuscled for pucks and have some nice passes. I just find it hard to believe that Myers, Sekera, Leopold, Ehrhoff wouldn't make for a pretty good pp units...

Not saying Jhonas is the better goalie, just sayin in 60 minutes he looked better than Miller has in his 180.

I also think 2011-2012 Jhonas looks better than 2010-2011 Jhonas.

um no? Miller beat the Kings and Ducks and looked very good doing so. He played OK against the Canes. Let in 1 maybe 2 goals you'd like back....still he kept them in the game on the Staal breakaway and 4 on 1.

Good win tonight. Here are some thoughts:

1. Enroth was huge tonight and played extremely well. The first goal wasn't even his fault but should be credited to Regehr for a great deflection.

2. Aside from that, big win against a talented team even without Malkin and Crosby. Pittsburgh is still a very talented team even without two of the top 3 players in the NHL.

3. Gerbe was excellent tonight. Great tenacity and effort and solid play in the defensive zone.

4. I really like Adam as he's got a great nose for the net. But he's still a rookie and has a lot of work to do especially skating and working harder in the defensive zone and faceoffs (he really needs to improve there). But, he's got a really bright future and has been playing really well.

5. Vanek's playmaking skills are highly underrated and he really matured into an all around player last year. We always think of him as a goal scorer, but he can really pass the puck and make plays.

6. Roy's line looked really good tonight overall and I think they are getting some chemistry together.

7. Leino should not play with Ennis. You can't have two playmakers on the same line and they need to be split up. Lindy should play Ennis with Roy and Stafford and put Gerbe with Leino and Boyes. That makes more sense to me.

Really good win to come back from last night's loss. Enjoy it and move on to Montreal on Tuesday night.

Good win tonight. Here are some thoughts:

1. Enroth was huge tonight and played extremely well. The first goal wasn't even his fault but should be credited to Regehr for a great deflection.

2. Aside from that, big win against a talented team even without Malkin and Crosby. Pittsburgh is still a very talented team even without two of the top 3 players in the NHL.

3. Gerbe was excellent tonight. Great tenacity and effort and solid play in the defensive zone.

4. I really like Adam as he's got a great nose for the net. But he's still a rookie and has a lot of work to do especially skating and working harder in the defensive zone and faceoffs (he really needs to improve there). But, he's got a really bright future and has been playing really well.

5. Vanek's playmaking skills are highly underrated and he really matured into an all around player last year. We always think of him as a goal scorer, but he can really pass the puck and make plays.

6. Roy's line looked really good tonight overall and I think they are getting some chemistry together.

7. Leino should not play with Ennis. You can't have two playmakers on the same line and they need to be split up. Lindy should play Ennis with Roy and Stafford and put Gerbe with Leino and Boyes. That makes more sense to me.

Really good win to come back from last night's loss. Enjoy it and move on to Montreal on Tuesday night.

Agree on all points but the hi-lighted. I agree Leino + Ennis might be a mistake .. but I'm liking the Gerbe / Stafford chemistry. I don't have an answer to what to actually do with the Leino / Ennis "problem".

Forever it seems. I go to one every year here and I think its been at least 4 or 5 years.

This is why I was seriously hoping we were not going to see Pittsburgh in the first round of playoffs last year. Even when we were on a roll they made us look pretty bad.

Me thinks I may need an adam jersey. How many points for that line so far... to lazy to look.

It's hard to say since the line changes seem to be getting managed a bit differently than they were in the past. For example, Gerbe's goal was assisted by Adam. The other night there was a Gaustad goal setup by Gerbe who was not supposed to be playing on that line. Someone had mentioned that Ruff may be double-shifting Gerbe (and I'm happy if he is :rolleyes: ). I just don't have high enough hockey IQ to understand how this doesn't throw off a whole lot of stuff.

Archived