GDT Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh (10/15/2011)

Corp000085

The Pittsburgh fans are bitching about Malkin already. They say he isn't playing because the skin around his knee where his stitches were is tight. :unsure:

Lazy russian, soft, et al.

Any team in the league would snap him up in an instant if they could.

Ennis has 7 shots on goal to Luke Adam's 10, Derek Roy's 4 and Staffords 10... its not that he is not shooting its that the line needs a player to drive to the net... That Line is doing precisely what it was intended to do, keep the puck in the offensive zone for long periods of time, personally I would like Kaleta up with them just to see how that goes. Kaleta has show flashes of being more than just a tank and he can score rebounds and forecheck well. 1 full game would give us a good indication of this. Also Dropping Boyes to the 4th line would give that line a little more offensive threat and I think it makes sense all the way around.

I wasn't saying he wasn't shooting, it was just one situation where he needs to make a better decision. Boyes also plays the puck possession game well and the Goose/Kaleta/McCormick line has been doing their job, too... so I see no reason to switch any of them around.

[/b]

I have the same concerns about Crosby. They are both too young and too skilled. Their absence hurts the entire league.

Agreed. I fear he is one hit away from retirement. I hope he has his own nerologist vs the one being paid for by the team .

I wasn't saying he wasn't shooting, it was just one situation where he needs to make a better decision. Boyes also plays the puck possession game well and the Goose/Kaleta/McCormick line has been doing their job, too... so I see no reason to switch any of them around.

I think the Ennis, Leino line needs more grit and thats why they have scoring issues. Great puck possession but a lot of perimeter play.

I think the Ennis, Leino line needs more grit and thats why they have scoring issues. Great puck possession but a lot of perimeter play.

Boyes is the natural high shot. He can hit the net from anywhere. But Ennis struggles to get position without the puck which makes Boyes shot a low percentage option.

Hecht may be the better fit for that line.

Agreed. It's complete nonsense to critique anyone playing only their fourth game in a new city and in a new system. Let's hear from you if the situation hasn't changed by mid-season. I know, you probably want Connelly back.

Connelly? Who? Oh... You mean Connolly. Wait, who?

Good to hear that we are playing hard to get. Make the other teams work to get us in the bedroom :nana:

Terrific.

Ennis has 7 shots on goal to Luke Adam's 10, Derek Roy's 4 and Staffords 10... its not that he is not shooting its that the line needs a player to drive to the net... That Line is doing precisely what it was intended to do, keep the puck in the offensive zone for long periods of time, personally I would like Kaleta up with them just to see how that goes. Kaleta has show flashes of being more than just a tank and he can score rebounds and forecheck well. 1 full game would give us a good indication of this. Also Dropping Boyes to the 4th line would give that line a little more offensive threat and I think it makes sense all the way around.

I disagree with dropping Boyes to the fourth line. I think that Boyes is more of a complementary player, and needs to be set up to score goals. I think that if we put Boyes on the fourth line, his play would worsen and he would run into even more trouble denting the score sheet. Kaleta-Leino-Ennis could be interesting, but at the moment I just want to give our offensive lines more time to gel.

I agree Boyes is wasted on the fourth line. I'd rather see him sit than play there.

BUt I don't think he's been the problem on the third line — the issue is Leino and Ennis dancing without creating.

I could see flipping Gerbe and Ennis being worth a try.

But to be clear, the first two lines are scoring, and the fourth line is playing its role well.

If our biggest concern is a third line that so far has been a plus (have they been on for any against yet?), well I'd say we all might be overanalyzing things.

But to be clear, the first two lines are scoring, and the fourth line is playing its role well.

If our biggest concern is a third line that so far has been a plus (have they been on for any against yet?), well I'd say we all might be overanalyzing things.

Well said.

I agree Boyes is wasted on the fourth line. I'd rather see him sit than play there.

BUt I don't think he's been the problem on the third line — the issue is Leino and Ennis dancing without creating.

I could see flipping Gerbe and Ennis being worth a try.

Gerbe played at least on shift with Boyes and Leino at the end of the first in Pittsburgh IIRC.

I think your biggest concern is that your boyfriend has been a healthy scratch every night up to this point ;)

lol, we dont need 5 puck moving def especially when 1 of them is shaky and gets pushed off the puck so easily. It doesn't matter I suppose but I think Ehrhoff would look better if MAG wasn't leaving him with those 2/1 all the time.. just saying. MAG got pushed off the puck to start the Staal goal didnt he? I could be wrong on that but I thought that started that play.

lol, we dont need 5 puck moving def especially when 1 of them is shaky and gets pushed off the puck so easily. It doesn't matter I suppose but I think Ehrhoff would look better if MAG wasn't leaving him with those 2/1 all the time.. just saying. MAG got pushed off the puck to start the Staal goal didnt he? I could be wrong on that but I thought that started that play.

MAG wasn't on the ice. Just a fat rebound by Enroth for that one, he got handcuffed by the backhand. It happens.

One could argue that if they knew he was going to be that good, they would have drafter him earlier.

One could also argue that if they knew he was going to be that good and drafted him earlier then he would not have become such an excellent player sine the natural course of space time continuum had been altered resulting in a less-than-excellent Zetterberg.

One could also argue that if they knew he was going to be that good and drafted him earlier then he would not have become such an excellent player sine the natural course of space time continuum had been altered resulting in a less-than-excellent Zetterberg.

Pretty sure you're thinking of Zoidberg.

Archived