GDT: Carolina at Buffalo (10/14/2011)

Corp000085

I think if the Sabres defense can neutralize skinner and staal then the canes will be very hard pressed to do much of anything. Miller is confident and I wonder if Enroth goes tonight and Miller goes tomorrow. Considering how excited the city is I think that the team is going to come out very hard and alamo mode may be put into effect for the third period which sucks but we shall see. I'll make a prediction: Sabres 5 Canes 2 with goals from Vanek x2, Pommers, Gerbe, Leino. Canes have 1 pp goals and 1 even strength goal in the 3rd.

The Tropical Depression probable lines:

—LW Jeff Skinner, C Eric Staal, RW Chad LaRose (Hockey Bieber Line)

—LW Alexei Ponikarovsky, C Jussi Jokinen, RW Tuomo Ruutu (The So Soft We Had to Add a Finnish Chirper Line)

—LW Jiri Tlusty, C Brandon Sutter, RW Patrick Dwyer (The Pick the Deli Meat Out of the Stale Bread Sandwich Line)

—LW Zac Dalpe, C Tim Brent, RW Anthony Stewart (The Our Winger Has A Disney Channel Name Line)

—LW Alexei Ponikarovsky, C Jussi Jokinen, RW Tuomo Ruutu (The So Soft We Had to Add a Finnish Chirper Line)

—LW Jiri Tlusty, C Brandon Sutter, RW Patrick Dwyer (The Pick the Deli Meat Out of the Stale Bread Sandwich Line)

—LW Zac Dalpe, C Tim Brent, RW Anthony Stewart (The Our Winger Has A Disney Channel Name Line)

:lol:

They won't be as good as:

Vanek-Adam-Pommers (The Adam's family line)

Ennis-Leino-Boyes (the can't touch this line)

Gerbe-Roy-Stafford (the Furbys and friend line)

Kaleta-Goose-McCormick (the boom goes the dynamite line)

Fantastic! :lol:

Vegas has the over/under at 5.5 goals.

I'm taking the over with my pretend money.

Sabres are 5-0 in their last 5 Friday games.

Sabres are 8-1 in their last 9 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.

Sabres are 5-1 in their last 6 vs. a team with a winning % below .400.

Sabres are 4-1 in their last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.

Sabres are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. Southeast.

Sabres are 4-1 in their last 5 games playing on 3 or more days rest.

Sabres are 7-2 in their last 9 home games.

Sabres are 6-2 in their last 8 games as a home favorite.

Sabres are 6-2 in their last 8 games as a favorite.

Sabres are 6-2 in their last 8 games following a win.

Sabres are 9-4 in their last 13 overall.

Sabres are 60-28-2 in their last 90 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.

fresh oil in the fryer, 2 dozen wings in the freezer, Beer in the fridge, and the wife will be out at a birthday party all evening. Adult, Infant, and Toddler sized Sabres Jerseys are ready. It's a boys night at the LPF household, and it will be Glorious.

Outstanding.

You're making me blush. :blush:

The keys are a magnetic power cable for the fryer and instilling a healthy fear of God in the children.

And not bringing it out until the Mother Hen has flown the coop.

So...the wife is not aware of the planned deep-fried feast? You don't lie to her, but there is no reason to tell her certain things unless she asks?

That sounds familiar...

I think if the Sabres defense can neutralize skinner and staal then the canes will be very hard pressed to do much of anything. Miller is confident and I wonder if Enroth goes tonight and Miller goes tomorrow. Considering how excited the city is I think that the team is going to come out very hard and alamo mode may be put into effect for the third period which sucks but we shall see. I'll make a prediction: Sabres 5 Canes 2 with goals from Vanek x2, Pommers, Gerbe, Leino. Canes have 1 pp goals and 1 even strength goal in the 3rd.

There is zero chance of this happening.

So...the wife is not aware of the planned deep-fried feast? You don't lie to her, but there is no reason to tell her certain things unless she asks?

That sounds familiar...

She knows I'm making wings, it's just that it is best if she doesn't actually see the vat of hot oil in the same room as the small children and distracted father... you know... for her own mental well being...

She knows I'm making wings, it's just that it is best if she doesn't actually see the vat of hot oil in the same room as the small children and distracted father... you know... for her own mental well being...

Good call.

However, I strongly advise setting up the deep fryer outside. I've learned the hard way that using it inside stinks up the house like you can't believe for 3-4 days. The wife cannot possibly be pleased with that.

So we wont see enroth at all this weekend?

Possibly tomorrow night, but not tonight -- it's the home opener and Miller's had 5 days' rest.

Even though it is unlikely that you, Thomas Barrasso, read this. The answer is, yes, we do think less of you.

Just noticed this AM that Barrasso is an assistant with the Canes.

For those too young to remember Tommy B. -- he was terrific. He was I believe the 5th pick in the draft and won the Calder AND the Vezina as an 18-year-old rookie. And if you think Miller has an edge to him -- let's just say Miller is as gentle as your grandmother compared with Barrasso.

A GDT! :clapping:

I've been waiting all week for this one (5 days without hockey is torturous...)

I hope to see a little more scoring and excitement from the other two top lines, since the Adam line can't carry the load the whole season. The F'N center should be a rockin'

Sabres are 8-1 in their last 9 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.

Sabres are 4-1 in their last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.

Sabres are 60-28-2 in their last 90 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.

The bolded part is the strangest stat I've ever heard. You'd think a team allowing 2 or less the previous game would be a decent hockey club.

as a father of a bunch of kids ages 12 and under...

Haha for some reason this reminded me of Travis Henry the way you worded it...

Even though it is unlikely that you, Thomas Barrasso, read this. The answer is, yes, we do think less of you.

:clapping:

I usually would get a bad feeling about a game like this, but I'm really feeling like the Sabres are going to win BIG. Wish I was there. In a miraculous series of events, my sister visited from WNY last weekend and brought me a case of Labatt just in the nick of time. :thumbsup:

Haha for some reason this reminded me of Travis Henry the way you worded it...

travis! nice.

fwiw, i have a slew of kids, but just the one baby mama, who also happens to be my one and only lawfully wedded wife.

what was it that travis had -- was it like 10 kids with 8 women? geez - going to the federal pen for dealing in coke probably saved him money in child support obligations.

In honor of our great Euro experience, I propose a "PA calls out first name, crowd yells out last name" goal celebration like they do in Germany. Would be a cool thing to start!

Can't wait for the game. Sucks getting teased two games then waiting five days. Let's hope that both crowd and team are fired up.

For those too young to remember Tommy B. -- he was terrific. He was I believe the 5th pick in the draft and won the Calder AND the Vezina as an 18-year-old rookie. And if you think Miller has an edge to him -- let's just say Miller is as gentle as your grandmother compared with Barrasso.

Ah, Tommy B. Didn't his wife stab him in the leg?

Edge is putting it lightly, nfreeman. I believe 'Volatile" is a better word.

In honor of our great Euro experience, I propose a "PA calls out first name, crowd yells out last name" goal celebration like they do in Germany. Would be a cool thing to start!

Can't wait for the game. Sucks getting teased two games then waiting five days. Let's hope that both crowd and team are fired up.

PA: TYLER!

Crowd: [unrecognizable garbled name]!

I'm sorry but I cannot follow your advice until it gets the GoDD-gambling seal of approval. Thanks for the stats though, even though I'm not too crazy about anything from last year carrying over to today.

Archived