Sean Avery waived, cut, thrown in Hudson

Andrew Amerk

...and he clears. Back to NYR.

Thornton on Rangers last night:

"To be honest with you, they were probably the softest team we played against on this road trip and we should have had the two points,” the Sharks captain said. “We played some good teams and I think we should have beaten these guys"

...and he clears. Back to NYR.

Thornton on Rangers last night:

"To be honest with you, they were probably the softest team we played against on this road trip and we should have had the two points,” the Sharks captain said. “We played some good teams and I think we should have beaten these guys"

Are they actually calling him up or were they just hoping for a claim?

• 4 months later...

I have to think there is something outside of hockey that is becoming an issue for him. As big a D-bag as he was, there is always room for a guy who can play the game well and he has shown that he can play well in this league in the not too recent past.

I was never a Sean Avery fan, and probably haven't seen him play enough to establish a good healthy hatred of him but he was never a player I had an extreme amount of disdain for. He is a good pest, but he never pissed me off like Claude Lemieux, or Marchand. Those guys were/are true butt heads. Barnaby would probably piss me off more as a player, but as a fan I could respect him because he would fight anyone.

By the way, does anyone remember Ray beating up Lemieux while Claude was trying to punch and run during a brawl? Great feel good moment, and few times you saw guys who play that style face justice.

Archived