Sean Avery waived, cut, thrown in Hudson

Andrew Amerk

http://blog.chron.co...eds-sean-avery/

I don't like the guy.

I think everything he does is all an act, and his "political" stances are just an extension of his egomaniacal need for attention.

He is an embarrassment to the league, as evidenced by what he did to Brodeur, among other things.

Thoughts?

http://blog.chron.com/hockeystop/2011/10/why-the-nhl-needs-sean-avery/

I don't like the guy.

I think everything he does is all an act, and his "political" stances are just an extension of his egomaniacal need for attention.

He is an embarrassment to the league, as evidenced by what he did to Brodeur, among other things.

Thoughts?

It's one thing to be the Broad Street Bullies from many years ago (Beavers nowadays), but it's another to be a pest like Sean Avery. I'd rather deal with a team that strikes fear and intimidation into its opponents, as opposed to having to deal with someone with his unpredictable antics.

If he calls it a career, that will be one less pest in the league. After all, we don't have to worry about Jarkko Ruutu anymore since he's now playing in his native Finland.

I really can't add anything other than a +1 to what you guys have already said. When the guy retires it won't be a day to soon. HOWEVER, I'm all for his promotion of gay rights and every sport has people like him, take that out and the whole sport gets washed down, there is truth in that.

http://blog.chron.com/hockeystop/2011/10/why-the-nhl-needs-sean-avery/

I don't like the guy.

Thoughts?

I couldn't agree more with the first post, Avery is a 100% clown. He brings nothing redeeming to the league.

I really can't add anything other than a +1 to what you guys have already said. When the guy retires it won't be a day to soon. HOWEVER, I'm all for his promotion of gay rights and every sport has people like him, take that out and the whole sport gets washed down, there is truth in that.

You had to throw that in there, didn't you? Yet, when I bring up an opposing view to that, I get excoriated by the powers that be.

If I'm told to shut up about it, then so should you.

You had to throw that in there, didn't you? Yet, when I bring up an opposing view to that, I get excoriated by the powers that be.

The difference here is that it is relevant to the discussion. As opposed to the relevance of the political views of onion readers in a thread discussing the Buffalo Bills.

While I certainly know they are different players, how different are he and Kaleta? Discuss. :-)

He doesn't play for Buffalo! :)

In all seriousness, I think the main difference is Avery seems to be a media ######. On ice, I'd love to say Avery is more of a punk, but I'm sure that's my bias talking.

I wasn't bringing it up as a topic of conversation, merely making my opinion known on that aspect of Avery. I live in a different country with a different culture plus im a random dude on a forum, if my few words bothers you so, well, sorry but tough.

I wasn't bringing it up as a topic of conversation, merely making my opinion known on that aspect of Avery. I live in a different country with a different culture plus im a random dude on a forum, if my few words bothers you so, well, sorry but tough.

Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong century. IIRC, there was a brief time when your country was a republic. Unfortunately, it didn't stay that way because Richard Cromwell did not possess his father's leadership abilities. But, I have to wonder what would have happened on this side of the Pond if the monarchy had not been re-established.

Archived