Sabres day-trading 2011-12

X. Benedict

BUY...The play of Adam continues to be a surprise. Not tentative like last year & his skating seems to be better.

HOLD...The best defense in hockey(or one of the best)? I'll continue to take a wait and see approach on this one.

SELL SELL SELL SELL...Boyes. Just not impressed. Floats a lot. Except for a few tap-in wide open net goals last year, he hasn't done squat. Another deadline acquisition that just hasn't worked out(Moore & Torres).

I'll just stick with my items from last week. :)

Buy - Tpegs taking everyone out on his private yacht... AWESOME

Hold - Ennis, Roy, Stafford... lets see what this stupidly talented line can accomplish

Sell - BOYES, seriously the guy needs to show up tonight or send him out of here for whatever you can get. I don't buy the he needs time to gel thing with him, he seems somewhat lazy.

Buy -- McCormick. There was a substantial improvement in Leino's line tonight. It can't be a coincidence.

Buy -- Miller! Miller! Miller!

Hold -- Ennis. I'm now leaning towards him being the healthy scratch when Yo-yo comes back.

Sell -- the rest of the Sabres' division. Le stink.

Buy- Pommer, Vanek, and Miller's paychecks for the first 2 weeks, performance in-line or above compensation levels

Buy- Ruff's line tinkering:

• Leave the The Quebecois Captain, the Austrian All-Star, and the Lukerookie alone, best line in the NHL through 2 weeks. (1.7 PPG - 1.0 PPG - 1.5 PPG)
  • Better stuff from leino-boyes with McCormick Playing like a $2M forward.
  • Ennis appeared improved, maybe right at the cusp.
  • The Gerbe-Goose-Kaleta line was everything it was supposed to be and more.

Hold- The Power Play: still too much back checking required. Need better control on the points. Puck should only get cleared by the opponents from below the circles, after a SOG.

Sell- Any reason other than injury to change the lineup prior to the Philly game on November 2.

Buy -- No Panic Vanek :w00t:

Hold -- Powerplay... looking better, but still can't get and nor can I remember a Sabres game where they gave up 2 SHGs, had a 3rd try ring the post and a fourth quality try that Miller did stop (on Staal) :yawn:

Sell -- Ennis.. Not seeing the magic.. :(

Additional Buy- #4 in the NHL in Goals For per game, #3 in Goals Against per game.

Pretty impressive.

BUY- Anyone fighting Gaustad leaving the ice for stitches.

For that matter:

Buy -- Gaustad.

Sell - NHL Center Ice. NHL GameCenter Live is way better.

Why? (Not arguing, just curious. With CI via DirecTV, I get every NHL game in HD, with home and away feeds, except for those involving 2 Canadian teams -- and even some of those are in HD via NHL network. What else would I want?)

Why? (Not arguing, just curious. With CI via DirecTV, I get every NHL game in HD, with home and away feeds, except for those involving 2 Canadian teams -- and even some of those are in HD via NHL network. What else would I want?)

Direct TV CI isn't as bad. I should have said NHL CI on Cablevision. They offer no HD games and the picture quality on most games is barely SD. With GameCenter Live, the picture is great and I can watch any game that has been played this year at any time, no recording necessary.

Direct TV CI isn't as bad. I should have said NHL CI on Cablevision. They offer no HD games and the picture quality on most games is barely SD. With GameCenter Live, the picture is great and I can watch any game that has been played this year at any time, no recording necessary.

Same with T-W. Who in their right mind after viewing the free trial, would cough up money to watch that crap picture...except for the one HD broadcast they do per night.

Buy - Keeping the lines the same as the Florida game. Consistency brings chemistry and better play.

Hold - McC being the Hartnell for the Leino line. Seemed to have more of a spark last night but lets see if it continues.

Hold - Lindy holding up his end of the goalie rotation. So far so good...

Sell - Not being able to watch the game last night cause I'm in the middle of nowhere. Especially on a great effort like that one. :(

Is it HD? i.e. could I hook up my laptop to my TV via HDMI and get a true HD picture to watch a game? I ask because I've been thinking about getting it but this is a key factor for me.

BUY - Pominville going to net for Leino. Finally! Finally! Finally! That is Leino's bread and butter play. Leino works the puck to the high percentage area, and somebody charges the backdoor.

It also used to be Pommer's, when he was a 30-goal guy -- ie finding the soft spot near the doorstep, getting open for a pass and burying the one-time snap shot with accuracy (which is his strength, IMHO). If he and Leino can click like that regularly -- I'll be singing a different tune on Pommer.

There wasn't a better way to phrase that one? :bag:

Pominville uses the tradesman's entrance?

Very nice.

BUY - Pominville going to net for Leino. Finally! Finally! Finally! That is Leino's bread and butter play. Leino works the puck to the high percentage area, and somebody charges the backdoor.

TBN's Vogl asked Leino after the game if he saw Pominville coming on that play. Leino's response "Do you think I meant to shoot it wide?"

Classic.

Archived