Sabres day-trading 2011-12

X. Benedict

BUY - #72 with his reach and hands posting up in the slot. What's that kids name? Luke Adamreychuk?

SELL - Whoever let Kopitar get behind the D. How's that happen? West coast games must end too late to know who Kopitar is. He is a member of the Marcels Anonymous- it's a twelve stepper for nameless superstars.

HOlD- Didn't see you Ville.

HOLD- On Lieno centering that line.

BUY- Erhoff pair on the ice with "Adam" line. It enhances their lethality and ability to enter the zone cleanly.

HOLD-Sabres ability to handle an above average forecheck and defense the middle(Philly and Boston will tell us a lot)

HOLD- Sabres PP when denied the zone and there is pressure on the puck in the o zone .

BUY-Regehr's physical play and the speed of his outlet pass decision making when under pressure.

BUY THESE LINE COMBO's:

Vanek Adam Pominville (Adam is your #1 center for $6 mil less than trading for Spezza).

Ennis Leino Stafford (clicked in preseason)

Hecht Roy Boyes (all three are trade bait)

Gerbe Goose Kaleta (this group really clicked in preseason)

McCormick (keeper, next man up)

Ellis (should be captain in Rochester)

Buy -- Pommer. Gotta give it to him -- very strong start as the C.

Buy -- Vanek. Great chemistry with Adam and Pommer so far. Great maturity. Good work on the PK.

Buy -- Ennis and Gerbe. The smurfs have picked up where they left off last year. Ennis is a force and Gerbe is relentless. How about that play in the opener when one of the Ducks (I think it was Ryan or Perry) took a shot at Miller even though he knew that it wouldn't count because of a delayed penalty and Gerbe gave him an immediate slash and a shove? Outstanding.

Buy -- Gragnani staying in the lineup. Very poised and a strong addition to the PP. And as long as he plays this well, the Sabres are going to want to play him enough times to keep his rights.

Buy -- Regehr. An experienced, physical defenseman who plays all the tough minutes. He's the best DR trade acquisition in quite some time.

Buy -- Miller. Very strong play although not tested yet in crunch time.

Sell -- Boyes. Sloppy with the puck and generally ineffective.

Sell -- forward line combinations other than Adam-Pommer-Vanek. I think we're in for more tinkering. I'd like to see Leino with Ennis and Stafford, and Roy with Gerbe and Boyes (or Roy-Gerbe-Hecht when Hecht returns).

Hold -- Myers. He's been good but not great IMHO. With great power comes great responsibility.

Hold -- Roy. He looks fast, so I think the leg has recovered, but he hasn't found the groove yet.

Buying- A Pominville Jersey with the "C". Seriously, My jersey is a slug (Sadly, no slug appreciation day in southwest Ohio) and my 3-year-old graciously made a construction paper Captain's C. It's sweet, but it is an abomination. As the self appointed captain of The Captain's fan club, I should have proper threads.

Buy -- Pommer. Gotta give it to him -- very strong start as the C.

Buy -- Vanek. Great chemistry with Adam and Pommer so far. Great maturity. Good work on the PK.

Buy -- Ennis and Gerbe. The smurfs have picked up where they left off last year. Ennis is a force and Gerbe is relentless. How about that play in the opener when one of the Ducks (I think it was Ryan or Perry) took a shot at Miller even though he knew that it wouldn't count because of a delayed penalty and Gerbe gave him an immediate slash and a shove? Outstanding.

Buy -- Gragnani staying in the lineup. Very poised and a strong addition to the PP. And as long as he plays this well, the Sabres are going to want to play him enough times to keep his rights.

Buy -- Regehr. An experienced, physical defenseman who plays all the tough minutes. He's the best DR trade acquisition in quite some time.

Buy -- Miller. Very strong play although not tested yet in crunch time.

Sell -- Boyes. Sloppy with the puck and generally ineffective.

Sell -- forward line combinations other than Adam-Pommer-Vanek. I think we're in for more tinkering. I'd like to see Leino with Ennis and Stafford, and Roy with Gerbe and Boyes (or Roy-Gerbe-Hecht when Hecht returns).

Hold -- Myers. He's been good but not great IMHO. With great power comes great responsibility.

Hold -- Roy. He looks fast, so I think the leg has recovered, but he hasn't found the groove yet.

Sounds pretty spot on.

Buy -- Vanek without Roy. For years I thought Roy's puckhandling and shoot first tendency overshadowed Vanek. Now with better complimentary players in Pommers and Adam, Vanek seems to be shining.

Hold -- Third line D of MAG and Sekera, great start to the season but do they have the consistency to play out of the inevitable slump?

Sell -- RW pairs for the Leino and Roy lines. They just don't seem to be clicking. Maybe give it some time?

Sell -- waiting a whole GD week for another Sabres game, especially after how good they looked the first weekend.

Sell -- that "Miller is overpaid" thread. I hate myself for reading it.

Buy -- the Sabres coming out sky-high on Friday night.

Buy- Shooting the puck at the net. Sounded so simple last year but no one wanted to do it. The last two games, one guy shoots, the others go to the net, all but one goal has been scored below the faceoff dot.

Are you saying those guys in the 300s who yell "shoot!" constantly during every power play are right?

BUY...The play of Adam continues to be a surprise. Not tentative like last year & his skating seems to be better.

HOLD...The best defense in hockey(or one of the best)? I'll continue to take a wait and see approach on this one.

SELL SELL SELL SELL...Boyes. Just not impressed. Floats a lot. Except for a few tap-in wide open net goals last year, he hasn't done squat. Another deadline acquisition that just hasn't worked out(Moore & Torres).

BUY...The play of Adam continues to be a surprise. Not tentative like last year & his skating seems to be better.

HOLD...The best defense in hockey(or one of the best)? I'll continue to take a wait and see approach on this one.

SELL SELL SELL SELL...Boyes. Just not impressed. Floats a lot. Except for a few tap-in wide open net goals last year, he hasn't done squat. Another deadline acquisition that just hasn't worked out(Moore & Torres).

:bag:

You had to throw that boyes comment in there - give him time to gel with his linemates back at RW. He was awful at C. I agree with you for now but holding out hope he can find his scoring touch with leino/ennis

Sell - getting a taste of hockey and then having to wait till Friday for the next game

:bag:

You had to throw that boyes comment in there - give him time to gel with his linemates back at RW. He was awful at C. I agree with you for now but holding out hope he can find his scoring touch with leino/ennis

Sell - getting a taste of hockey and then having to wait till Friday for the next game

My point is that he wasn't even that impressive at wing in the regular season after being acquired.

Archived