Sabres day-trading 2011-12

X. Benedict

Hold -- Disciplined play at home. Columbus played pretty well last night, but for stretches of the game the Sabres had too many defensive breakdowns.

Buy -- Regehr. Holy mackerel was he dishing out the punishment last night. The EC forwards are going to be well aware of the Tunnel of Death by midseason.

Buy -- Sekera. Working his way up the pecking order and not taking ill-advised risks.

Buy -- Team scoring defense. Between Miller/Enroth and the improvements brought by Regehr, Ehrhoff and a maturing Reggie and Leopold, I think the Sabres will be top-5 all year if not top-3.

Hold -- MAG/Leopold pairing. They don't have the same chemistry yet that MAG and Reggie had.

Hold -- Boyes. Up from a "sell."

Buy -- Roy. Not quite there yet but looked much better last night IMHO. If his linemates can remove heads from rectums that could be a very nice #2 line.

Sell -- Leino and Stafford. Both were lousy last night again.

If you're gonna buy Vanek, I think you need to buy the whole line at this point (especially since Vanek alone, well, we saw how that ends up 4/5 times against Tampa), or at least Vanek and Pommers...that line is unstoppable right now!

Oh fine I'm buying Pommers too. I'm holding Adam, though... For nfreeman's reason.

No, nickname stealing is not allowed. It's one thing if we're talking about a common nickname like Murph or Sully, but little ball of hate is so incredibly unique.

We need a new nickname for Gerbe, then.

Sell -- Leino and Stafford. Both were lousy last night again.

If these two wingers would play to their potential, we could have a DANGEROUS second line. I'm optimistic, though.

• 3 months later...

Sell: DR, LR, all players with 80+ games of NHL experience with the possible exception of Myers.

Hold: Picks & prospects with less than 80+ games of NHL experience.

Buy: A new GM, and let him buy new coaches. Pegula. He may have been a fanboy at the start but he is way too smart to let the status quo continue for very long. He may have more patience than the average fan but you do not get to be a billionaire by accepting failure.

Sell: Roy and Stafford while they gave teams a glimpse of their potential!!! As in, Darcy should have been on the phone during the game trying to ship one out before it ended.

Hold: Bringing Gaustad back next season. Don't get me wrong, I still sell the crap out of him at the deadline....but if he's a UFA, I'm not opposed to bringing him back at the right price depending on what other options there are.

Buy: 5th line's Sheldon Cooper reference in the GDT! Tyler Ennis. He may have the most puck skill of any of our forwards. Combine that with his skating and I'm really excited to see him develop further.

Buy: 5th line's Sheldon Cooper reference in the GDT! Tyler Ennis. He may have the most puck skill of any of our forwards. Combine that with his skating and I'm really excited to see him develop further.

First, do not refer to me as "5th line". I prefer Herr Docktor Professor Wingnutt, or "your Excellency".

Second, I agree about Ennis having puck skill (and also dynamic skating) which is why I have always preferred him at center.

Archived