Sabres day-trading 2011-12

X. Benedict

TBN's Vogl asked Leino after the game if he saw Pominville coming on that play. Leino's response "Do you think I meant to shoot it wide?"

Classic.

I really like the comments I've read from him so far. He always comes across as very open and honest. Now we've just mixed in some humor. I guess that means I'll buy on Leino's attitude.

Buy- Sabres aren't talented enough to beat playoff caliber teams when they don't play a disciplined game.

Hold- Adam staying on the 1st line. Now that Vanek and Pommer have cooled off Adam's inexperience is starting to be more apparent.

Sell- The same starting lineup Tuesday for the rematch. Even if Ennis is available I think we'll see some changes. Lindy likes to use competition to spur performance. I suspect he's playing that card for Tuesday's game against TB.

SELL - The entries against the 1-3-1 Believe it or not this is where the Sabres will miss Connolly most.

HOLD - LEINO at Center. Can't turn the puck over in the middle agaist trap teams. That is their entire yet boring purpose.

BUY - Robyn Regher - I don't think you'll see someone try to turn the corner behind the net without thinking twice.

Buy: Nathan Gerbe, he always seems to be working and trying and playing his heart out and that makes him awesome

Hold: The sabres lack of 1 more bonafide, power forward with enough skill to play on a top line, do we need one? Idk maybe, hence the hold... (insert power forward you think would help here)

Sell: Now i know a lot of you are thinking i will say MAG out Weber in but; The Power Play units as they stand. Give Leino his chance with vanek and pommers, he could do well. Also Take MAG off the top and put him on the second, Ehrhoff and him on there together is no bueno.

Buy: Nathan Gerbe, he always seems to be working and trying and playing his heart out and that makes him awesome

Hold: The sabres lack of 1 more bonafide, power forward with enough skill to play on a top line, do we need one? Idk maybe, hence the hold... (insert power forward you think would help here)

Sell: Now i know a lot of you are thinking i will say MAG out Weber in but; The Power Play units as they stand. Give Leino his chance with vanek and pommers, he could do well. Also Take MAG off the top and put him on the second, Ehrhoff and him on there together is no bueno.

Have been thinking the same thing for three games now.

Buy- Sabres aren't talented enough to beat playoff caliber teams when they don't play a disciplined game.

Hold- Adam staying on the 1st line. Now that Vanek and Pommer have cooled off Adam's inexperience is starting to be more apparent.

Sell- The same starting lineup Tuesday for the rematch. Even if Ennis is available I think we'll see some changes. Lindy likes to use competition to spur performance. I suspect he's playing that card for Tuesday's game against TB.

Cooled off? It's going to have to take more than one game before I'll make that statement.

Is it HD? i.e. could I hook up my laptop to my TV via HDMI and get a true HD picture to watch a game? I ask because I've been thinking about getting it but this is a key factor for me.

It's kinda HD. The picture quality for me is far better than Comcast cable SD, but not as good as actual 1080i when VS etc. cover a game. The motion is a little off once in awhile, but still pretty damn smooth. I'm loving it. :) As mentioned, no recording since you can just go to the game whenever, although they put the current score up on the page, so you have to use your hand to partially block the TV while selecting the game.

Check out the "Gamecenter on PS3" thread, everything on there applies to the PC connection as well.

Buy- The return of the Ghost

Good call.

It's kinda HD. The picture quality for me is far better than Comcast cable SD, but not as good as actual 1080i when VS etc. cover a game. The motion is a little off once in awhile, but still pretty damn smooth. I'm loving it. :) As mentioned, no recording since you can just go to the game whenever, although they put the current score up on the page, so you have to use your hand to partially block the TV while selecting the game.

Check out the "Gamecenter on PS3" thread, everything on there applies to the PC connection as well.

Thanks for the info. At this point I'm addicted to the HD picture and the associated sound package that DirecTV delivers (is it dolby digital or is there something newer now?), so I don't think I can give that up, but it's good to know about the option.

As for the more substance of this thread:

Sell -- the bandwagon move to tar and feather Leino. Lindy's comments in the BN today were a far cry from the whiny, selfish, disappointing greedhead Leino is being depicted as by some excitable posters here. He hasn't delivered that much yet but I've seen some good things from him. Let's give him more than 7 games on a new team with a new system before we throw in the towel on him.

Hold -- Adam. The offensive production has slipped in the last few games while the defensive flaws remain.

Hold -- Roy. Not skating well and not producing.

Buy -- Team defense. Much better in the last couple of games despite the loss to TB.

Buy -- Kaleta getting the opportunity for more ice time in Ennis' absence.

SELL - Myers - struggling with the puck at his feet. Don't know what that's about. I'm sure he'll come out of it, but.....not pretty.

BUY - Gerbe. Strong game. The Shire is proud.

HOLD - this gameplan. Skate like that, create chances like that....you should win. Should. Should. Should. Never guaranteed. But Should.

Buy: The Gerbe line, good to see them back together and Gerbe has the ability to score when it matters

Hold: The new defensive pairings... they looked better but the score sheet indicated otherwise, lets give them a couple of games and see how they hold up.

Sell: THE PP, it still sucks, and for the love of god drive to the net. I really want to see Gerbe on the top unit and Myers as well, I think its time to reward the hard working * "little ball of hate" with some more ice time. Although I will say after being a foot away from him in weggies... he is jacked and I wouldn't tangle with him.

Buy: The Gerbe line, good to see them back together and Gerbe has the ability to score when it matters

Hold: The new defensive pairings... they looked better but the score sheet indicated otherwise, lets give them a couple of games and see how they hold up.

Sell: THE PP, it still sucks, and for the love of god drive to the net. I really want to see Gerbe on the top unit and Myers as well, I think its time to reward the hard working furby with some more ice time. Although I will say after being a foot away from him in weggies... he is jacked and I wouldn't tangle with him.

LITTLE BALL OF HATE is what the announcers referred to him as during the last game... :D

BUY - Gerbe. Strong game. The Shire is proud.

Niiiiiice.

Pat Verbeek is spinning in his grave. How dare they steal that name.

You just still have a little Bostonian hatred left in the tank for our little ball of hate.

Buy: The impact Weber is having on Sekera, MAG, and Leopold from the bench. All three are playing better because they know what's waiting if they don't.

I know this is referring to the fact that any three of these players could be benched in favor of Weber, but your wording caused me to imagine Weber beating the crap out of them for not playing well (like he does with people that so much as gently cough on "Millsy").

Buy: Vanek. And then buy even more Vanek.

Sell: Our hometown crowd. Sabres fans need to take a few pointers from our friends in Orchard Park.

Hold: MAG. He seems to be calming down in his own zone.

Buy: Vanek. And then buy even more Vanek.

Sell: Our hometown crowd. Sabres fans need to take a few pointers from our friends in Orchard Park.

Hold: MAG. He seems to be calming down in his own zone.

If you're gonna buy Vanek, I think you need to buy the whole line at this point (especially since Vanek alone, well, we saw how that ends up 4/5 times against Tampa), or at least Vanek and Pommers...that line is unstoppable right now!

Buy: The impact Weber is having on Sekera, MAG, and Leopold from the bench. All three are playing better because they know what's waiting if they don't.

I know this is referring to the fact that any three of these players could be benched in favor of Weber, but your wording caused me to imagine Weber beating the crap out of them for not playing well (like he does with people that so much as gently cough on "Millsy").

Either interpretation is acceptable.

Archived