Sabres day-trading 2011-12

X. Benedict

Here are the rules.: Give your best market recommendation for anyone in the Sabre organization, connected to the team, or hockey in general. This can change day to day and indicates the most recent market direction and not overall value.

Keep it short with a Buy, Sell, or Hold recommendation attached to : a Sabre player, front officer person, mascot, game day experience, hockey decision, etc...

Day-trading recommendations should be kept short, concise, and preferably pithy for fellow market watchers.

Examples:

Buy means the day-market is trending up:

Buy - Christian Erhoff for the nifty backhander pass through the crease last night.

Buy - Ted Black for the Dr. Evil "Laser Beams" imitation on WGR this afternoon.

Buy - Drew Stafford for today's Fu Manchu Workout Video

Sell means the day-market is trending down:

Sell - Luke Adam - for the 2 dumb penalties.

Sell - PK Subban for the over-the-top goal celebration.

Sell - MSG.com for having the slug logo on the box-score yesterday.

Hold means the market hasn't moved yet for conflicting or indecisive info:

Hold - Vanek for looking like a skating force, but missing the open net.

Hold - Kassian's chances for being first call up.

Hold - Grags and Erhoff as 2nd pairing. Nice offensive looks, but caught once out of position.

Buy- Erhoff blasting shots.

Hold- Lindy's statement that he'd like to bring Enroth of the bench mid game then not doing it.

Sell- Roy's shoulder.

Today? All I heard this am was that Miller would play a whole game today and Enroth a whole game soon.

Yeah there was a statement along the lines that he wanted to give Enroth off the bench experience. No link. Heard it on GR.

I had heard that earlier in the week (and that's what happened in the first two games), but yesterday morning on GR, I heard that Ruff wanted to give Miller and Enroth a complete game each.

I had heard that earlier in the week (and that's what happened in the first two games), but yesterday morning on GR, I heard that Ruff wanted to give Miller and Enroth a complete game each.

You're probably correct. never mind then.

Buy- Lindy getting both his netminders playing time.

BUY - The Sabres may be the best team in hockey from the blue-line to goal-line this season.

SELL - Not willing to "sell" anything right now. Just haven't seen enough.

HOLD - The injury to Roy is a reminder that some players are being relied on to play center that are not true centers.

Buy - Ville Leino his puck possession abilities will breed points

Sell - everything candien fans think about their team, you have no scoring and a defense that will be determined by Markov's health.

Hold - Gerbe-Goose-Kaleta line, they still have 1 good game under their belt but I am not sold that they are gold

SELL - MAG (loved him in the playoffs but he's be brutal with a capital B in the action I've seen thus far)

If we're really lucky, he'll have a similar progress as Myers last year. Great at the end of the first season, mediocre to start the year, and gets his skates under him in a couple months.

BUY - German hockey fans ---- it sounds like a Japanese baseball game out there

HOLD - Kevin Sylvesester on the radio. Not bad Kevin but youre in the habit of filling your calls with the word "There" or "here" after every description. Please stop it.

SELL - exhibitions with no TV coverage.

Buy -- European start to a SC Season, 1pm Friday and Saturday hockey

Hold -- Stafford, Roy and Gerbers line

Sell -- DTV advertising Sabres Pregame and then saying it is blacked out in your viewing area. Those teases...

Archived