Sabres day-trading 2011-12

X. Benedict

BUY: The Erhoff pairing with the Adam line as many times as possible during a game.

BUY: Adam low with Vanek

Hold: On Adams hands and his ability to consitently deliver the puck effectively and on time.

SELL: Roy paired with Gerbe or Ennis . They all have the same game.

BUY: Roy paired with any two wingers who can go to the net

BUY: A second scoring line centered by either Roy or Leino to take the defensive heat off the one line and the doubling of Vanek in selected situations.

Hold: On seeing Leino centering Vanek until the Adam line runs out of steam.

Sell: Vanek on the PK... would rather see him doubled ocassionally during the game to get more offfensive time on the ice.

Buying- A Pominville Jersey with the "C". Seriously, My jersey is a slug (Sadly, no slug appreciation day in southwest Ohio) and my 3-year-old graciously made a construction paper Captain's C. It's sweet, but it is an abomination. As the self appointed captain of The Captain's fan club, I should have proper threads.

LastPommerFan, you're a great poster and you constantly give me hope that Pomminstein will play up to his contract as the Captain this year. I salute you, sire! :worthy:

Are you saying those guys in the 300s who yell "shoot!" constantly during every power play are right?

Like there'd be any possibility that people in the 300's could be heard anywhere close to ice level. Sorry dude, Chet and Muffy don't hang in the 3's.

Dem's the ones leading that 'cheer.'

Like there'd be any possibility that people in the 300's could be heard anywhere close to ice level. Sorry dude, Chet and Muffy don't hang in the 3's.

Dem's the ones leading that 'cheer.'

When I sit near one I yell "pass!". Immediately after each "shoot!". They usually get the message.

When I sit near one I yell "pass!". Immediately after each "shoot!". They usually get the message.

Yeah...at any hockey game I ever go to, hearing everyone yell "SHOOT!!!" gets old fast. RIT games are the worst, as there are a few people in the crowd that would yell shoot as the puck is being cycled behind the net :doh:

Yeah...at any hockey game I ever go to, hearing everyone yell "SHOOT!!!" gets old fast. RIT games are the worst, as there are a few people in the crowd that would yell shoot as the puck is being cycled behind the net :doh:

It is the same people who like to yell jump :rolleyes:

SELL - Special teams. I'm tempted to make a pun out of special, but that would be a diservice to an entire class of youngsters that try hard to think.

BUY - Forward lines. Every line created chances and carried possession.

HOLD - The aggression of the D. seems to create scoring chances at both ends.

SELL - Special teams. I'm tempted to make a pun out of special, but that would be a diservice to an entire class of youngsters that try hard to think.

BUY - Forward lines. Every line created chances and carried possession.

HOLD - The aggression of the D. seems to create scoring chances at both ends.

I firmly believe they will get better at both ends as they gel. I'd buy low (now) and sell high (after 25 games or so).

Sell - Faceoff ability of the top 3 lines. Besides Goose, the rest of the team leaves something to be desired.

Buy - Forward lines finally starting to click and being able to score from any given line.

Hold - Where to put Hecht when he is healthy. I'm thinking he gets put on the Roy-Stafford line and reunite the Gerbe-Goose-Kaleta line.

SELL - Special teams.

I thought the PP looked good, except for the whole shorthanded thing.

I firmly believe they will get better at both ends as they gel. I'd buy low (now) and sell high (after 25 games or so).

Good post.

Sell - Faceoff ability of the top 3 lines. Besides Goose, the rest of the team leaves something to be desired.

I thought Roy looked pretty good on the faceoff dot last night.

Sell - Vanek's ability to not beat himself up and get past a boneheaded play. The guy was fantastic for 19 minutes then made a play the kids on my peewee team wouldn't make and never got his head back into it. He was Carolina's best player the last 41.

Buy - Myers developing a mean streak. Getting paired up all year with Regehr should do wonders for his development.

Hold - Whatever you're drinking tonight. Pens playing well so far, it'll be interesting to see how they bounce back tonight.

Buy- all the cross ice movement on the powerplay. Is Erhoff that much difference or is there a new PP coach? It looks like another city's team on the PP now. Very Western Conference.

Sell- the idea that adding Regehr and Erhoff meant an automatic Vezina for Miller. The skaters on the ice need to make better choices but a Vezina goalie makes one or two of those big saves.

Hold- The 2nd and 3rd lines. Much better against the Canes. Let's see if it is sustained.

Buy - The Roy lines seems to have started clicking. Two of the three top lines are working now. Ennis-Leino-Boyes its your turn.

Buy - The Regehr and Myers pairing. If Regehr can pass off some of that cool positioning and physicality, we could be on to something here.

Hold - Not making any drastic changes to the forward lines until at least 10-15 games into the season.

Sell - MAG. He seems to be a lot more panicky this year and takes way too many chances pinching. He was great in the playoffs cause he was confident and calm, always making the simple play effectively.

BUY - The Lindy Family dinner approach to ice time. Equal portions. A nearly perfect road game keeping legs fresh.

HOLd - Roy still doesn't have his burst back. Must use his head instead. Watch for long term dividends.

SELL - Paul William Beltz attorneys. Are all their clients 45 degrees away off camera?

BUY - The Lindy Family dinner approach to ice time. Equal portions. A nearly perfect road game keeping legs fresh.

HOLd - Roy still doesn't have his burst back. Must use his head instead. Watch for long term dividends.

SELL - Paul William Beltz attorneys. Are all their clients 45 degrees away off camera?

:lol: :lol: Well done.

Definite SELL - the off camera testimonial. Invented by Dateline, perfected by Survivor. Whenever I see those I imagine the camera pulling out and the person is actually talking to someone in a big bunny suit.

Buy -- odds of Enroth getting 20 starts

Buy -- DEPTH. I'm still amazed by the ice time distribution among the forwards last night -- all 12 got over 13 minutes and less than 17 minutes. And that's without Yo-yo! (Although someone will be injured all year, so that doesn't really matter.) In any case it bodes well for the Sabres' ability to play well in the 2nd half of back-to-backs.

Buy -- Gerbe. I'm starting to think he has more game than Ennis and is likely to have a better year than Ennis. (And I like Ennis.) And the sky's the limit for the Roy-Gerbe-Stafford line.

Hold -- MAG/Weber rotation. MAG was a bit shaky last night, but the team delivered a strong performance and got a good win on the road against a good team. I think MAG will stay in the lineup on Tuesday, but far from sure.

Archived