F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sick. :sick: But I can finally just snuggle up in my bed for the weekend. :D

Sorry that you are not well.

+++++

We ordered new copies of the Qur'an in anticipation of Ramadan, which is less than three months away.

They arrived and were unpacked today.

It truly is a Fantastic Friday.

• 4 weeks later...

This thing hasn't been posted in in a month eh? Damn we must be depressing :lol:

I've been working the overnight support shift this week. 3pm-11pm, on call from 11pm-9am. Was dreading if all year; only dev on call and responsible for every major component in the company. Turns out it's awesome. Love the hours, get paid a little more, and the shift flies, all while sitting on my couch and relaxing. Tried to pick it up again for next week, but they won't let me

Sometimes the worst things turn out to be the best, who knew

My first week at Haley is done- pretty sure I'm staying for good. I'll get into it more but...

My cover for the Beauts centric episode of Kicking Ice (the NWHL kickstarted thing I mentioned some time ago) is out!! 

I'm thrilled.

BLIDOpq.jpg

My first week at Haley is done- pretty sure I'm staying for good. I'll get into it more but...

My cover for the Beauts centric episode of Kicking Ice (the NWHL kickstarted thing I mentioned some time ago) is out!! 

I'm thrilled.

BLIDOpq.jpg

That's some double awesome right there, nice Josie!

I passed the Red Hat Certification Exam for Openstack Cloud Administrator earlier this week; this is the first weekend I haven't had studying hanging over my head in months. I still have lots of work hanging over my head, but that's different. :)

That's some double awesome right there, nice Josie!

I passed the Red Hat Certification Exam for Openstack Cloud Administrator earlier this week; this is the first weekend I haven't had studying hanging over my head in months. I still have lots of work hanging over my head, but that's different. :)

That’s awesome! I only dabble in that kind of stuff- I work in the customer success department for a cloud-based SaaS company. But I know enough to be impressed ????????

Speaking of that job- it’s a new one, one that I was just promoted to earlier in the month. I’m loving it so far! And today was payday. And I had Mongolian BBQ for lunch. And the sun is shining.... it’s a good Friday ;)

Day off - check

Kid at school - check

Evan Williams and Kahlua in my coffee - check

Got a new bass and played it for the first time last night with the band, basking in the afterglow of it's awesomeness - check

F'n Fantastic.

Day off - check

Kid at school - check

Evan Williams and Kahlua in my coffee - check

Got a new bass and played it for the first time last night with the band, basking in the afterglow of it's awesomeness - check

F'n Fantastic.

*hops on plane to Jersey*

Looking forward to a docile weekend with friends and my freelance to-do list. Need to catch up on some awesome projects both local and national. And hopefully find some time to do a little playoff hockey art... I've been drowning between 9+ hour days at work, working at the studio, and pulling late nights trying to get freelance jobs done. Learned a lot already- learning AfterEffects today, picked up some HTML and CSS this week and have already been implementing it.

But it'll be nice to breathe a bit. 

I don't think I've ever felt this at peace with where my life is. It sucks being far from my girlfriend, friends, and family, but I'm going home in 2 weeks for as long as I feel like, I was visited by my girlfriend two weeks ago, so I've seen her 5 times for almost 7 weeks total since August, which is much more than I thought would be possible. After an initial struggle with the level of physics I was faced with, I've adjusted, and I'm not great still but I'm getting through these classes and exams comfortably so far. I spent years dreading grad school and assuming I was going to fail and embarrass myself, and I'm not a superstar, but I am not a failure yet. So that fear I've basically had subconsciously for the past 5 years of my life is gone. 

I guess I've spent all of my life feeling like I'm waiting, stressing, and preparing for something. But now I feel really settled down, like I'm where I need to be, and that I'm doing something that will be worthwhile and help me lead a hopefully comfortable life. 

It helps that it's been sunny and 70 degrees here at least 75% of the time since February ended. 

I don't even care that the Bills spent 2 second rounders to move up and draft my least favorite football prospect I've ever watched. 

Edited by Randall Flagg