Grags Signed.

That Aud Smell

so you agree with me? 650ish?

I expect he'll get about that...maybe up to $950. Nothing to worry about.

All there is to do at this point is sit and wait for them to make some moves...hopefully before training camp, which seems a long, long ways off.

I expect he'll get about that...maybe up to $950. Nothing to worry about.

All there is to do at this point is sit and wait for them to make some moves...hopefully before training camp, which seems a long, long ways off.

I'd just be concerned that a guy who played 9 regular season games makes more than Weber who played 58 games and was also a force in the playoffs and only makes 900k... just my thoughts. Anything over 750 for MAG i think is pushing what hes honestly worth. Its irrelevant we are talking about chump change at this point but its still something to think about.

We're talking about a guy who turned down his right for arbitration because he knew he couldn't get a favorable deal there. All he wants is a one-way deal. He'll get that and a slight raise.

so you agree with me but your crusade continues... got it :thumbsup:

So i had A.D.D. and decided to look at hockey lies and crap and they produced this gem:

Speaking of fantasy hockey:

"Gimme a minute to do guzzintas... carry the one.... ok. With 23 players signed, your Sabres are presently $3,595,357 over the NHL cap. Doesn't matter that they subtract to get down to the cap right now. Darcy Regier has until October to do so. I expect Regier to get MA Gragnani locked up by ThisWednesday. The Grags contract should equal an annual cap hit of $1.5-$1.8 million. He'll be player #24 under contract for Buffalo. By midweek, the team will be $3.7 million over the salary cap."

I didn't realize that 14 games does a 1million dollar raise make. According to capgeek: http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=401 MAG made 500k last season when he was up in the NHL (two-way contract) so unless this moron can't do math which we know he cant (he went from 3.59 over the cap to 3.7 with the MAG contract, even though the league minimum would put us at 4mil +) then hes suggesting MAG is worth more than Weber which is in fact laughable....

Why do i bring this up then? Well first I want a certain poster to continue his crusade against my rating because it's amusing and Second I was thinking MAG was worth about 650k x 2years if capgeek is correct. Is that lowballing a guy who showed a lot in the playoffs but has never really been a stable force on our blueline yet?

I wanted to bold two things on this gem from Garth's hockeybuzz. How exactly does the math work with the Sabres currently about $3.6 million over the cap, then Gragnani's cap hit of $1.5-$1.8 million put the Sabres at $3.7 million over the cap? By my math, that would put the Sabres at $5.1-$5.4 million over the cap if Gragnani indeed has a cap hit of $1.5-$1.8 million.

My first question would be where does this guy come up with absurd numbers like this for a guy who has all of 16 games of NHL experience? Why should he get more than a $650K one way deal? What justification is there?

Second, who taught this guy math? Not only should he be ashamed of himself, but his math teacher should be as well.

Third, this is another reason why you need to be careful about bringing stuff from hockeybuzz to this message board. The fake nature of professional wrestling aside from that website, guys like Garth have poorly edited blogs with all kinds of typos, misspellings, and major grammar mistakes. Now, you can add math as another problem subject for Mr. Garth as well. If anything, hockeybuzz has taught me that literally any idiot can become a millionaire over night if enough people go to his website and look at display ads. Literally any idiot.

Careful, chz; he's single now...

lol i am also 24 and live in the buffalo area and am a Huge sabres fan... :thumbsup: but i am not a creeper and dont know her but thanks for telling her lol, it gave me a laugh when I saw that :w00t:

The Sekera contract was more of an example of the structuring than an actually $ amount. I wouldn't expect more than that and I wouldn't be surprised to see something closer to $750k, $950k for a cap hit of $850k. Offensive defensemen have higher values -- something I'm sure that Weber is aware of -- so getting the same or more based on less wouldn't be too unusual.

lol i am also 24 and live in the buffalo area and am a Huge sabres fan... :thumbsup: but i am not a creeper and dont know her but thanks for telling her lol, it gave me a laugh when I saw that :w00t:

What is this E-Harmony now lol?

What is this E-Harmony now lol?

lol, no i doubt chz is single...

anyways back to topic. 650k - 700k seems right for a guy with no leverage except the KHL. Hes never really proved hes top 4 material and remember that the playoff points he got were all assists and not to degrade those but its not crazy for a defender to luck into a couple of those. That being said, I think MAG has some huge upside and I want him on my team if I am Darcy and therefore I give him a raise and make sure he is happy. It is very interesting that he elected not to go to arbitration as well... hmmm, the power of Pegula is strange.

We'll see soon. He had dinner with TPegs last night.

i infer that you got that tidbit from the twittersphere.

https://twitter.com/#!/Grags17/status/95310711705698304

caveat emptor, i always say.

https://twitter.com/#!/SabresDotCom/status/95269729492664324

how the hell do you know that?

:blush: i am in awe of your hockey knowledge :wub:

no one will knock chz's hockey iq, but stuff like this appears to be a product of twitter iq, moreso than hockey iq.

regrettably, i am sorely lacking in both.

no one will knock chz's hockey iq, but stuff like this appears to be a product of twitter iq, moreso than hockey iq.

I'll question the IQ of anyone who would up at that "fine institution" in Newton.

i infer that you got that tidbit from the twittersphere.

So you now that Grags whole family was at dinner too right?

I'll question the IQ of anyone who would up at that "fine institution" in Newton.

nice. but, c'mon -- it's chestnut hill, dog. unless you're a freshman dormer or a law student (at least, that was the set-up when i was there).

So you now that Grags whole family was at dinner too right?

post-760-001248300 1311697308_thumb.jpg

EDIT: apparently mr. pegula's daughter posted a picture of a text she received from her dad in which he related what gragnani's twitter handle was - and thereby confirmed what chz reported.

http://twitpic.com/5vd4no

nice. but, c'mon -- it's chestnut hill, dog. unless you're a freshman dormer or a law student (at least, that was the set-up when i was there).

It's all the same to me. Anyone who went to school on Comm Ave has plenty of issues. :D

(Yes, I realize what I just said)

Archived