The Official Beer Appreciation Thread

Weave

Taking some delicious Tropicalia to some folks in Charlotte.  Let's see what they say.

Also had a very delicious and smooth drinking Irish Red Ale on st. pat's.  I loved that this brewery did that because it was like 70 out and a heavy stout did not sound as appealing.

Had to take a trip to the Boston area quickly over the past two days.  Decided to drive..  hit up Julio's Liquors.. glad I did.

I'll have a lot of new brews to sample over the next few weeks.  Can't wait.

They had some Wicked Weed there as well.  The few bottles they had were in the $18-$20 range which is basically a no go for me.  (It's just beer and I can make my own).  But it was cool to see a lot of new stuff.  Great prices too overall.

Cool on Deschutes.  I would imagine that it's only a matter of time before it ends up in WNY which would be great.  Fresh-Squeezed IPA and Black Butte Porter are absolutely fantastic.

Spent some time in Houston recently, and tried a Fetching Lab - Bound and Determined Stout (chile stout) on tap...... nothing overbearing, and a nice chile pepper finish....... I didn't think I would like it but whaddayaknow......

OMB out of Charlotte has some good beer, copper was quite tasty, but Heist out of Charlotte has this great blonde ale I'd recommend.

OMB brews only German style beers. I believe the copper is an alt. I was at a beer festival last fall and parked myself at their tent. They had a huge sign that said:

No we don't have any pumpkin beer.

No we don't have any IPA.

Thus the traffic was very light at their tent and I got to hang out and chat with the brewer as he began giving me full pours of some great examples of Helles, Pils, Alt and schwarzbier styles.

OMB brews only German style beers. I believe the copper is an alt. I was at a beer festival last fall and parked myself at their tent. They had a huge sign that said:

Thus the traffic was very light at their tent and I got to hang out and chat with the brewer as he began giving me full pours of some great examples of Helles, Pils, Alt and schwarzbier styles.

Do they make a Rauchbier?

Man, a good alt and a good pils are things of beauty.  So underappreciated in the states.

*so thirsty for Alt now*

Man, a good alt and a good pils are things of beauty. So underappreciated in the states.

*so thirsty for Alt now*

Anytime I come across a micro pils I drink it. You are right, underappreciated. I had a great one during the summer at Rohrbach's after the air show. Sublime.

For those who haven't heard my stifled crying from here, Blue Monk is officially closing April 16th. It's a sad day for me: that place was expensive and usually packed, but its become one of my favorite places to go in the city, especially for when people come in from the suburbs or out of town. I've been lucky enough to have it just a 10 minute walk from my place for a few years now, and I made use of it. No lack of places to get a beer in this city, but its still a loss for the beer culture here.

For those who haven't heard my stifled crying from here, Blue Monk is officially closing April 16th. It's a sad day for me: that place was expensive and usually packed, but its become one of my favorite places to go in the city, especially for when people come in from the suburbs or out of town. I've been lucky enough to have it just a 10 minute walk from my place for a few years now, and I made use of it. No lack of places to get a beer in this city, but its still a loss for the beer culture here.

Yo, where we drinking this summer now? 

Mike has said that he was in some kind of bad relationship on the Blue Monk situation and it forced him to close to save him the headache.  He's going to look to bring something like it back but not sure when or where yet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.