The Official Beer Appreciation Thread

Weave

It's pretty much light beer so...

Chance vacation overlap. But the brewery meet up was pseudo planned.

Exactly. It's like 4% abv. And it's not over-carbonated so you don't get full on fizz. 

Yep. Every time I say that to someone, they look at me like I'm crazy.

Same here. It's like people think it's a real stout or something. 

I managed to cross paths with Claude Verret at Southern Tier Brewing yesterday. Despite his insistance that Southwrn Tier is an elite brewery, he came across as a knowledgeable beer guy and and a hella good dude too.

Cheers, Claude! Had a good time meeting you and the family. Wish we had more timw to chat.

Likewise weave. I wish I could have stayed longer. Thanks for all the Chautauqua Lake area insight and tips.

Pegula SE and Southern Tier Brewing Co will announce a "One Buffalo" beer today. Interesting.

Will be sold at Bills games starting tonight and also available in kegs/six-pack bottles starting in September.

North-American hops, malted barley, oats and wheat. "Smooth, refreshing craft beer, brewed to be 4.8% alcohol/volume."

Edited by Hoss

Pegula SE and Southern Tier Brewing Co will announce a "One Buffalo" beer today. Interesting.

Will be sold at Bills games starting tonight and also available in kegs/six-pack bottles starting in September.

North-American hops, malted barley, oats and wheat. "Smooth, refreshing craft beer, brewed to be 4.8% alcohol/volume."

Irony is using a non-Buffalo based producer to make and distribute One Buffalo.

I swear to god it better not be another f##king IPA.

Oats, wheat, and 4.8%?  It's not an IPA, that's for sure.

Say what now?

By the way, the best beereal combo is Cocoa Krispies with Yuengling.

leinenkugel sunset wheat and fruity pebbles

Feeling defensive this morning?  I was calming your IPA rage.  That's all.

Why would I be defensive this morning? Because I explained why I made a comment about beer.  

Say what now?

By the way, the best beereal combo is Cocoa Krispies with Yuengling.

Was on vacation earlier this week.  Saw a little girl (4ish is my guess) pouring root beer in her bowl of ramen noodles.   :sick:  

Sometimes you let them do whatever they'll do if they'll eat.

leinenkugel sunset wheat and fruity pebbles

Why would I be defensive this morning? Because I explained why I made a comment about beer.  

Know how I know you are feeling defensive now?   :P

Was on vacation earlier this week.  Saw a little girl (4ish is my guess) pouring root beer in her bowl of ramen noodles.   :sick:  

Sometimes you let them do whatever they'll do if they'll eat.

Know how I know you are feeling defensive now?   :P

How do you know?

Exactly. It's like 4% abv. And it's not over-carbonated so you don't get full on fizz. 

Same here. It's like people think it's a real stout or something. 

The nitro push is what makes the difference.  Any beer on nitro will be less fizzy.  Small bubbles.. love nitro.

And it is a real stout.  I'm not sure why anyone thinks it isn't.  BJCP Style 13A. Dry Stout - ABV 4-5%

Irony is using a non-Buffalo based producer to make and distribute One Buffalo.

Oats, wheat, and 4.8%?  It's not an IPA, that's for sure.

It could be an IPA.  Some session IPA's will add oats for beef up the body while using less malt.  The wheat usually detracts from the body a bit so that's an interesting twist.  Who is brewing it?

Hey CV, I may be testing out the Carolina Brewing Company brewery this weekend. Anything good I should look out for there?

Their CPA is good. Honestly their beers are just decent, nothing spectacular but all solid. I know they are in the process of constructing a tap room, are you sure that they're doing tours now?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.