Drury

wonderbread

Drury Buf-Bound  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should Drury re-sign w/ Buffalo?

• Yes only short-term
    • Yes sign him long-term and see wht happens
    • No, retire and nvr come back to the Queen City

If Drury re-signs, how much and long does Darcy and. Co. sign him for? Does he get the "C", or does Regier trade for a veteran leader not named Drury? <_<

C'mon with the Drury stuff. It's over. He'll be lucky if anyone offers him a contract.

If Drury re-signs, how much and long does Darcy and. Co. sign him for? Does he get the "C", or does Regier trade for a veteran leader not named Drury? <_<

Like the Sopranos, It's over , find something new.

(good line from forgetting sarah marshall)

Given the option between giving Luke Adam a whole year to develop or havin a 34 year old washed up vet, I'm sure they'll go with the youth.

I'd rather see the Sabres group of centers include both. Drury is nowhere near the player he once was. That doesn't mean his presence wouldn't improve the position. Right now Paul Gaustad is the #2 and Cody McCormick is the #3. The Sabres need centers. I would prefer they trade for a better center. If that isn't possible I would like see some centers with NHL experience at training camp.

I'd rather see the Sabres group of centers include both. Drury is nowhere near the player he once was. That doesn't mean his presence wouldn't improve the position. Right now Paul Gaustad is the #2 and Cody McCormick is the #3. The Sabres need centers. I would prefer they trade for a better center. If that isn't possible I would like see some centers with NHL experience at training camp.

I agree with this. I don't know that Drury is the answer specifically, but I'm not sold on Luke Adam being ready for the NHL and won't be until he proves otherwise -- and that goes beyond just performing well in training camp. So in other words, unless Luke Adam had a heck of an off-season training regiment, I would prefer Drury (knee problems and all) to Adam if no center is brought in via trade.

Luke Adam hasn't proven himself yet. I would rather see Kassian up than Adam. Let's face it, we need to get tougher players like Boston has and Kassian in my mind starting the year with the Sabres adds to Regehr's, Gaustad's and McCormick's tenacity.

So Adam hasn't proven himself yet but Kassian belongs up? Regardless of what your answer to that is, Kassian doesn't do anything for this center issue that is being discussed here.

Please no. Had Drury never been a sabre I doubt very much his name would even be mentioned here in sabrespace in our search for a centre. Some sabres fans just can't seem to let go. His time has come and gone.

Here's a quick pointer for you. We've talked about these subjects extensively over the last month or two. You might want to search for them before starting a new thread. Some people might not respond so well.

This place is so dry during the summer, that people actually like the thought of a new topic sometimes...

If Drury re-signs, how much and long does Darcy and. Co. sign him for? Does he get the "C", or does Regier trade for a veteran leader not named Drury? <_>

Thanks for signing up. If you are completely new, it might be better to read for a few weeks, or go bnack and read what has been written the last month or so and you'll get a better feel for where everyone is in their conversation.

Here's a quick pointer for you. We've talked about these subjects extensively over the last month or two. You might want to search for them before starting a new thread. Some people might not respond so well.

I'm ready for some mushroom clouds over this and the captain thread.

I don't think Drury would help this team. I don't think Drury is worth the risk of injury. I don't think Drury will ever score 20 goals again, let alone 25-30. I don't even know if Buffalo, as a city, would WELCOME Drury back after he pretty much sold out to join the Rangers...

and yet, for SOME reason, the thought of Drury back in the #23 Blue & Gold sweater is tantalizing. When he was here he was like... the model hockey player. A real winner. He's not the player he used to be, and I wouldn't recommend signing him... but will I be mad if they do? No way.

Archived